Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Safari 2015 catalog pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodrayne

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 47
Joined : 2012-12-14
Posts : 1436

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Wed 26 Nov 2014, 18:16

I think the Coyote looks pretty good in these photos already.
It is nice to know it looks even better in hand.

_________________
Simone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés



Country/State : Spain
Age : 17
Joined : 2013-07-17
Posts : 249

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Wed 26 Nov 2014, 18:25

Sphryna18,when are going to be available the new dinosaurs (the Carnegie Velociraptor + the Wild Safaris? I plan on getting the CC Velociraptor and the WS Yutyrannus for Christamas,so I'd like to see who getbthem first.Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Wed 26 Nov 2014, 19:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks for the photos! I think they're both nice. Th bears better than Mojös! cheers cheers
I'm agree. But this bear make me think about is it really good in reality or not. Well, I think it's not bad, but not the best. I don't know how to say my feeling exactly XD
But I really don't like this one from Möjo.
And now I want get this coyote as soon as it's possible Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Bloodrayne

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 47
Joined : 2012-12-14
Posts : 1436

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Wed 26 Nov 2014, 21:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

And now I want get this coyote as soon as it's possible Laughing

Don't forget the Coyote is a Wildlife Wonders figure and will be quite BIG!
6.5 " = close to 17 cm.

so....BIG! afro

_________________
Simone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Wed 26 Nov 2014, 22:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

And now I want get this coyote as soon as it's possible Laughing

Don't forget the Coyote is a Wildlife Wonders figure and will be quite BIG!
6.5 " = close to 17 cm.

so....BIG! afro

Yes, I know Very Happy I prefer standard scale, but I don't mind if this coyote is big, I have all Safari Vanishing wolves, all Safari Wild Life Wonders wolves and three AAA's wolves, so it isn't problem.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21915

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu 27 Nov 2014, 00:07

Thanks Anasta, let us know if you find more pictures like these. Very Happy
Curiously, I find the coyote very good in these pictures. The bear is also promising but I watch it and it looks very good and strange at the same time. We'll need a good walk around of it in our forum. bounce

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu 27 Nov 2014, 00:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks Anasta, let us know if you find more pictures like these. Very Happy
Curiously, I find the coyote very good in these pictures. The bear is also promising but I watch it and it looks very good and strange at the same time. We'll need a good walk around of it in our forum. bounce

Bear looks in hand pretty much like it does in the pictures. A little darker, perhaps. Otherwise, pretty much what you see is what you get. And, again, Coyote is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2090

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu 27 Nov 2014, 00:57

Thank you very much for these pictures. Very Happy
I really do like the coyote, too bad that this isn't my scale.
I'm agree with the bear, something on it looks strange, for me a little too cartoonish but I'm not sure which I should prefer the Mojo or the Safari brown bear.

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu 27 Nov 2014, 09:03

Will look forward to seeing the Jaguar walk arounds! FYI Walk Arounds quite helpful! WW Puma is just repainted melanistic Jag...
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu 27 Nov 2014, 09:10

Just wanted to ad I do like the prominent jaw and large heads of the jaguars!
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks Anasta, let us know if you find more pictures like these. Very Happy
Curiously, I find the coyote very good in these pictures. The bear is also promising but I watch it and it looks very good and strange at the same time. We'll need a good walk around of it in our forum. bounce

You're welcome! Very Happy
I have just such feelings, I'll watch them on eBay, so I think I am able to share some new photos and do detailed walkaround in future.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you very much for these pictures. Very Happy
I really do like the coyote, too bad that this isn't my scale.
I'm agree with the bear, something on it looks strange, for me a little too cartoonish but I'm not sure which I should prefer the Mojo or the Safari brown bear.

I don't like such scale too, but the coyote is too nice to left him in the shop XD
I'm agree to you, but if too choose between Safari and Möjo, I'll choose only Safari.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:18

Hi there! Very Happy
I have some news for you: on eBay are available some other animals for 2015.

Bear Cub

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Moose Cub

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pink Unicorn

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twilight Pegasus of Greek Mythology

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think bear cub looks very well. Moose cub is not bad, but it isn't moose's proportions (Papo has such problem with wolf cub: he looks awesome, but he isn't wolf), I like black version of Pegasus, and Pink Unicorn looks... not natural.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21915

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun 30 Nov 2014, 12:51

Thanks Anasta for extra pictures. Very Happy I am eager to watch pictures of the adult moose. I suspect I'll like it. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sheepish

avatar

Country/State : USA / Indiana
Age : 32
Joined : 2013-01-01
Posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun 30 Nov 2014, 15:49

I'd really like to get the pegasus!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4437

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun 30 Nov 2014, 16:13

Pegasus for me Very Happy Also the baby moose doesn't look bad either Very Happy

_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Mon 01 Dec 2014, 15:34

Chrome Dragon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look at here — new 2015 figurines:





By the way, they updated their image on YouTube channel:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Bloodrayne

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 47
Joined : 2012-12-14
Posts : 1436

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Mon 01 Dec 2014, 19:01

cheers That was great!
It was nice to see some of the figures from other angles.

_________________
Simone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés



Country/State : Spain
Age : 17
Joined : 2013-07-17
Posts : 249

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Mon 01 Dec 2014, 19:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If anyone's interested...I've already ordered mine!
Back to top Go down
JonasV

avatar

Country/State : Finland
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5663

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Tue 02 Dec 2014, 20:51

Beautiful close ups! Thanks a lot Very Happy

_________________
Jonas

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 05 Dec 2014, 03:27

Carnegie Velociraptor

(I did tweak the feet so that it stands without the support of the tail. The trunk and the head are not quite as upright as they were when it was leaning back on its tail, but I'm okay with that cost in favor of having the model stand on its feet alone.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés



Country/State : Spain
Age : 17
Joined : 2013-07-17
Posts : 249

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 05 Dec 2014, 07:00

It's wonderful!Thank you so much for the pics,I'm getting this guy for Christmas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 47
Joined : 2012-12-14
Posts : 1436

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 05 Dec 2014, 08:25

Looking good!
Glad to see it is possible to make it stand on its own two feet.
I'm very pleased with the paintjob too. Nice colours. The tail feathers are my favourite part.
Congrats.

_________________
Simone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Bloodrayne on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 08:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady_Dovahkiin

avatar

Country/State : Middle of Nowhere,Canada
Age : 21
Joined : 2014-04-13
Posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat 06 Dec 2014, 01:35

Does Safari have any new horses this year ?

_________________
Emily.
~~PROUD AIRFORCE GIRLFRIEND~~ <3 <3
RIP Max,Timba and Hyke. I'll always love you.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat 06 Dec 2014, 04:38

Congrats, Scot!
Looks very well, especialy for Safari's dinosaurs.

_________________
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me,
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating.
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me,
'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

avatar

Country/State : Russia
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1039

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat 06 Dec 2014, 04:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does Safari have any new horses this year ?

I think no. We just have only scans of new catalogue and some detailed photos, but there is no any horse — only Unicorn and two Pegasuses.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat 06 Dec 2014, 05:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The tail feathers are my favourite part.

My thought exactly Simone.
Back to top Go down
trevok4

avatar

Country/State : london UK
Age : 17
Joined : 2012-08-23
Posts : 1199

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat 06 Dec 2014, 16:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does Safari have any new horses this year ?

I think no. We just have only scans of new catalogue

where are the catalogue scans

_________________
T4
Back to top Go down
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1514

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Tue 09 Dec 2014, 08:13

Hmm,...did the black Jaguar turn into a Cougar? i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced...... don't likte the bears, but Coyote looks nice, nurse and tiger shar are amazing, i like the young Thommy and the walking Koala.and for some reasons..... The burning horse Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Tue 09 Dec 2014, 17:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hmm,...did the black Jaguar turn into a Cougar? i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced...... don't likte the bears, but Coyote looks nice, nurse and tiger shar are amazing, i like the young Thommy and the walking Koala.and for some reasons..... The burning horse Very Happy

Yes, unfortunately the Wildlife Wonders Black Jaguar is now a Puma. Not sure why they felt that was a more appropriate change than, say, a normally colored Jaguar, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
donhill

avatar

Country/State : Sweden
Age : 34
Joined : 2014-04-06
Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Wed 10 Dec 2014, 10:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced

Yes it probably won't be as good a paint job on the real product but even so it's the most jaguar-like jaguar from a major brand so far (that I'm aware of). It will be very interesting to see it for real.
Back to top Go down
Ludichris1



Country/State : United States
Age : 22
Joined : 2014-01-02
Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu 11 Dec 2014, 00:50

I think there's another page of dragons missing on the first page
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

avatar

Country/State : USA Minnesota
Age : 51
Joined : 2014-09-11
Posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 14:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Good to see all the new figures. I always like additions to the WS Wildlife line. A bit disappointed with the puma, though, as it looks like a retooled or repainted black jaguar/leopard




I agree with you on the Puma...How in the world could a figure that was initially sculpted as a Jaguar just be repainted and then call it a Puma? The Jaguar & Puma are not anything alike in body type at all.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14916

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 15:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Carnegie Velociraptor

(I did tweak the feet so that it stands without the support of the tail. The trunk and the head are not quite as upright as they were when it was leaning back on its tail, but I'm okay with that cost in favor of having the model stand on its feet alone.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I guess it is time for a walkaround Scott Wink

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

avatar

Country/State : USA Minnesota
Age : 51
Joined : 2014-09-11
Posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 15:04

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hmm,...did the black Jaguar turn into a Cougar? i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced...... don't likte the bears, but Coyote looks nice, nurse and tiger shar are amazing, i like the young Thommy and the walking Koala.and for some reasons..... The burning horse Very Happy

Yes, unfortunately the Wildlife Wonders Black Jaguar is now a Puma.  Not sure why they felt that was a more appropriate change than, say, a normally colored Jaguar, but oh well.  

I find it more of a ridiculous change, taking a Jaguar sculpting, and then just changing the color scheme and calling it a Puma... they are totally opposite cats in morphology. As you said, they could have just used that Black Jaguar sculpting and did a spotted Jaguar version with it.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 17:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hmm,...did the black Jaguar turn into a Cougar? i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced...... don't likte the bears, but Coyote looks nice, nurse and tiger shar are amazing, i like the young Thommy and the walking Koala.and for some reasons..... The burning horse Very Happy

Yes, unfortunately the Wildlife Wonders Black Jaguar is now a Puma.  Not sure why they felt that was a more appropriate change than, say, a normally colored Jaguar, but oh well.  

I find it more of a ridiculous change,  taking a Jaguar sculpting, and then just changing the color scheme  and calling it a Puma... they are totally opposite cats in morphology.  As you said, they could have just used that Black Jaguar sculpting and did a spotted Jaguar version with it.

I would assume that Safari got a specific request for a Wildlife Wonders Puma and they either weren't willing to or didn't have time to commission a new sculpt. A lot of their releases, if not most, are done as requests from zoos or institutions; I would assume that's the case here, and it was a last minute addition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
smilodoncalifornicus

avatar

Country/State : USA Minnesota
Age : 51
Joined : 2014-09-11
Posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 17:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hmm,...did the black Jaguar turn into a Cougar? i really hope the real Jaguar is at least looking close to what the promo pic suggests, regularly, there is a big difference talking about the paintjob, which looks alittle too impossible to be industrially produced...... don't likte the bears, but Coyote looks nice, nurse and tiger shar are amazing, i like the young Thommy and the walking Koala.and for some reasons..... The burning horse Very Happy

Yes, unfortunately the Wildlife Wonders Black Jaguar is now a Puma.  Not sure why they felt that was a more appropriate change than, say, a normally colored Jaguar, but oh well.  

I find it more of a ridiculous change,  taking a Jaguar sculpting, and then just changing the color scheme  and calling it a Puma... they are totally opposite cats in morphology.  As you said, they could have just used that Black Jaguar sculpting and did a spotted Jaguar version with it.

I would assume that Safari got a specific request for a Wildlife Wonders Puma and they either weren't willing to or didn't have time to commission a new sculpt. A lot of their releases, if not most, are done as requests from zoos or institutions; I would assume that's the case here, and it was a last minute addition.

Well that all is above my understanding of how they come up with the decisions to do a new figure. What I do know is that a Puma is a far cry from a Jaguar, so its to bad that they did this for those that want a accurate figurine of a Cougar.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

avatar

Country/State : USA Minnesota
Age : 51
Joined : 2014-09-11
Posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 18:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari.  No No No No No.  As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."  Safari, pay attention.  Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot.  Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so).  It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders.  It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar....  Applause  Applause  Applause .  Beautiful.  I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance.  I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it.  People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one.  Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure.  That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them.  Slap someone.  The Mudpuppy.  For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?!  C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks.  Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure.  Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf.  The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad.  I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog?  Not their strongest figure.  BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles.  Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark.  Finally revealed.  This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark).  The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures.  The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome.  It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all.  That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year.  Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful.  I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year.  But they dropped the ball on that.  

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015.  If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.

I completely agree with your quote here: "Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma. It is still a Jaguar. Sad."

My thoughts exactly.

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 18:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari.  No No No No No.  As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."  Safari, pay attention.  Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot.  Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so).  It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders.  It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar....  Applause  Applause  Applause .  Beautiful.  I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance.  I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it.  People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one.  Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure.  That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them.  Slap someone.  The Mudpuppy.  For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?!  C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks.  Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure.  Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf.  The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad.  I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog?  Not their strongest figure.  BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles.  Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark.  Finally revealed.  This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark).  The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures.  The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome.  It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all.  That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year.  Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful.  I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year.  But they dropped the ball on that.  

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015.  If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.

I completely agree with your quote here:      "Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad."

My thoughts exactly.


Yeah, in my opinion, it's a poor decision for a company that otherwise seems to strive for accuracy; particularly in a line like the Wildlife Wonders, which feature an overall exemplary level of detail and attention to realism. Perhaps Safari will remedy this with a new, proper sculpt for 2016, but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
smilodoncalifornicus

avatar

Country/State : USA Minnesota
Age : 51
Joined : 2014-09-11
Posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 18:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have to say, I didn't know about the Wildlife Wonders "Puma" - No, Safari.  No No No No No.  As Abe Lincoln said, "If you call a dog's tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? A dog has 4 legs; calling the tail a leg does not make it a leg."  Safari, pay attention.  Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad.

But the Wildlife Wonders Coyote is a bright spot.  Safari tends to excel at making wild dogs - even though their Fennec Fox more accurately depicts a Blanford's Fox, it does so very well (again, calling it a Fennec doesn't make it so).  It's nice to see Coyotes getting some attention, especially in the Wildlife Wonders.  It gives me hope that we may someday see some lesser kittehs in the line, too.

The new Wild Safari Wildlife Jaguar and Black Jaguar....  Applause  Applause  Applause .  Beautiful.  I'm seriously geeking out over how good they look.

The Aardvark reissue was inevitable, sorry Lance.  I had heard they got a lot of requests to re-release it.  People didn't want a new figure; they were actually requesting the retired one.  Safari is aware of secondary market values of some of their figures; whether they knew the Aardvark was valuable or not, I don't know, but I do know that if they see enough interest in a retired figure, and the mold is still in good condition, they are going to re-release that figure.  That's just good business.

To that end, though, someone needs to slap them.  Slap someone.  The Mudpuppy.  For the love of all things holy, why?!? Glow in the dark?!?!  C'mon, Man!

Finally Safari seems to have realized that their current Grizzly Bear sucks.  Thankfully, they are remedying that with what appears to be an excellent new WS NAW figure.  Nice to see the intro of a female Moose and calf.  The Male appears to be an improvement, as well.

Sadly, the "frog" is... well, sad.  I've always found it ridiculous that the Life Cycle figures weren't available outside those sets; but the Frog?  Not their strongest figure.  BUT - Safari does have a tendency to retire/resculpt poorly executed figures within their Wild Safari line.... maybe that will happen quickly for this poor chap as well.

Nice to see Hidden Kingdom get mentioned - even if those are just singles from the Life Cycles.  Hidden Kingdom just kind of languishes with no real attention year to year; it's about time Safari starts getting buggy again.

The Nurse Shark.  Finally revealed.  This was the sea creature I had previously hinted as being commonly kept in public aquaria but not having been made by any major company other than one Japanese company (Neko Works had a Nurse Shark).  The Tiger Shark was the species hinted at as being uncommon in public aquaria, but having numerous figures.  The catalog picture of the Nurse Shark doesn't look quite as nice as the other picture I was of it a while ago, but it still looks pretty fantastic.

I'm actually a little bummed about there not being any new animal TOOBs.

As per usual, the Wild Safari Dinos look pretty awesome.  It's also good to see some worthwhile Dragons - this year's were dreadful, and at least in my store, they haven't sold very well at all.  That Cave Dragon and the Desert Dragon look spectacular!

Incredible Creatures have an aquatic bent this year.  Although I'm pleased to see that, I think it's really strange to see two species of fish; neither particularly colorful.  I would have thought that Safari would get ahead of the game by releasing something like a Palette Surgeon ahead of Disney's much anticipated "Finding Dory," which is set to release next year.  But they dropped the ball on that.  

All in all, a petty solid lineup coming in 2015.  If nothing else, the Wild Safari Jaguars, Grizzly Bear, Nurse & Tiger Sharks, the Cave and Desert Dragons, all the Dinos, and the Wildlife Wonders Coyote all look like winners to me.

I completely agree with your quote here:      "Painting a jaguar to look like a Puma and calling it a Puma does NOT make it a Puma.  It is still a Jaguar.  Sad."

My thoughts exactly.


Yeah, in my opinion, it's a poor decision for a company that otherwise seems to strive for accuracy; particularly in a line like the Wildlife Wonders, which feature an overall exemplary level of detail and attention to realism.  Perhaps Safari will remedy this with a new, proper sculpt for 2016, but I'm not holding my breath.  


This is true.  In this particular case, Safari could not be further from accuracy if they tried by using a Jaguar sculpting for a Cougar. Wow. When I saw this, it was almost disturbing to me.
.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

avatar

Country/State : USA ~ Colorado
Age : 17
Joined : 2013-05-21
Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 21:20

I think Safari Ltd decided to take a nap this year. I am so disappointed for this approaching year... I had to take a break from fish collecting because they were out of my reach.... And I was hoping for something good this year but I guess not.... Sleep

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ëmmä [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]-QM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://speedbirdconcorde.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1338

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 22:38

Just a quick comparison of Safari's Angus cow - something I've noticed just now:

new (middle one)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

old:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

real:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really...?

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

avatar

Country/State : USA ~ Colorado
Age : 17
Joined : 2013-05-21
Posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Fri 12 Dec 2014, 22:40

Mangalarga wrote:
Just a quick comparison of Safari's Angus cow - something I've noticed just now:

new (middle one)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

old:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

real:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really...?

A remold/reissue? Again? Gosh... I'm weeping now... Sad

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ëmmä [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]-QM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://speedbirdconcorde.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30914

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat 13 Dec 2014, 07:47

BAD Safari !!! This is surely NOT a way to copy the bad habit of Schleich Mad Mad

Great comparison to the modern type Angus !
When I was young, Angus cattle were small, compact, and very, very ( !!! ) agile creatures, - nothing like the heavy present day ones Suspect

I remember once, where one of my dan's heifers had jumped the fence, - I ran after her for most of an afternoon before she ran back home. I was so exhausted, I almost threw up, but she just had fun Laughing Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SUSANNE   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1338

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sat 13 Dec 2014, 10:03

I don't mind issuing a new mould of the same breed/species. But sculpture-wise the new one looks bad :/

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

avatar

Country/State : Finland
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5663

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Great comparison to the modern type Angus !
When I was young, Angus cattle were small, compact, and very, very ( !!! ) agile creatures, - nothing like the heavy present day ones Suspect

I remember once, where one of my dan's heifers had jumped the fence, - I ran after her for most of an afternoon before she ran back home. I was so exhausted, I almost threw up, but she just had fun Laughing Laughing

I love to hear stories from your childhood Susanne Very Happy sunny

_________________
Jonas

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

avatar

Country/State : CALIFORNIA
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-11-11
Posts : 604

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Mon 15 Dec 2014, 08:16

Does any one knows if the cattle angus out yet???
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

avatar

Country/State : CALIFORNIA
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-11-11
Posts : 604

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Mon 22 Dec 2014, 08:49

Yuppy, I just found ones in this web site the new farm animals!
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 45
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2219

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Tue 23 Dec 2014, 01:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yuppy, I just found ones in this web site the new farm animals!

Which web Jes?
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

avatar

Country/State : CALIFORNIA
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-11-11
Posts : 604

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   Thu 15 Jan 2015, 07:58

Just got the new 2015 cattle from safari ltd they are great better than it looks in the pics!!!
The goats moose calf and even the wild boar too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Safari 2015 catalog pics   

Back to top Go down
 
Safari 2015 catalog pics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Safari Ltd 2015 Catalog on line
» Papo models for 2015! Complete list page 1, catalogue video on page 7, special edition page 12
» Geoworld 2015 Catalog
» 03. June 2015: More pics from George in Kentucky
» Wish we could go back in time... Check this out! (Added AT catalog pics)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: