Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.

Go down 
+7
Wilorvise
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
jarda
SpiralStrix
widukind
SUSANNE
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 1:51 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Do you have a consumer's ombudsman in the USA ?
This is clearly a matter of false advertising on the package  and should be forbidden immediately Suspect

Is a Ombudsman something like that of a consumer protection agency? I think something like that might be around if so. And yes,definitely.

I've never encountered something like this before. :c

shadoweon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Brettnj wrote:
Sorry to hear it.  But...

Please do contact them!  PLEASE!  

Here's the page with the e-mail and phone number.

http://www.yowiegroup.com/contact-us/

Please tell me what happens!

Thanks.

I just get a white page that says "Error 400 Bad Request." whenever I try to click that page. Is the website even up and running anymore?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:10 pm

shadoweon wrote:
Brettnj wrote:
Sorry to hear it.  But...

Please do contact them!  PLEASE!  

Here's the page with the e-mail and phone number.

http://www.yowiegroup.com/contact-us/

Please tell me what happens!

Thanks.

I just get a white page that says "Error 400 Bad Request." whenever I try to click that page. Is the website even up and running anymore?

Link is working correctly with me.
Please check their Consumer Services Enquiries mail address:
u.s.consumerservices(at)yowie.com

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:12 pm

because I'm feeling like a prat:

om·buds·man /ˈämbədzmən/

noun: ombudsman; plural noun: ombudsmen

an official appointed to investigate individuals' complaints against maladministration, especially that of public authorities.

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Please consider calling. I'm very curious to learn how you'll be treated and if you'll get results. I would love to see others here do the same if they are unfortunate enough to have this happen to them (not that I'm wishing that on anyone...).

It's my thought that Yowie has a corporate wide lack has ethics. It's unheard of in my experience for a company rep--particularly one at a supervisory or above level--to simply ignore a communication, and that's what happened with not only a supervisor at Yowie North America but the actual CEO of Yowie International in Australia. Of course they have no viable answer to my complaints so that could be why they don't want to say anything.

To update though, a supervisor did respond to a complaint I made via a government agency and that response was forwarded to me. In it, the supervisor unwittingly acknowledged the problem and still indicated that the company feels it owes me nothing. I pointed this out to the agency rep and asked to have the issue taken up again.

Yowie North America's phone number is: 888-822-7456

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 3:19 pm

I'm getting irked enough hearing of the continuing madness by Yowie to actually wish we had a store here selling them. I'd like to buy one to doubtless get disappointed with so as to have cause to contact them, too, and let them know what I think of their game. Again, Brett - and now Shadoweon too - I'm sorry (not to mention rather pissed off) to hear of this happening to you.

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:24 pm

Yes,you are right with regards the chocolate-it's pretty awful!!!The models that were inside,you had to take your chances!You could get a nice model animal or you could also get a Yowie monster as has happened to me when I use to buy them in the past,so it can sometimes be a waste of money and time especially when you are expecting a model!

shadoweon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Taos wrote:
Yes,you are right with regards the chocolate-it's pretty awful!!!The models that were inside,you had to take your chances!You could get a nice model animal or you could also get a Yowie monster as has happened to me when I use to buy them in the past,so it can sometimes be a waste of money and time especially when you are expecting a model!

It didn't say anywhere on the box or package about getting something other than an animal so :I. I won't ever buy from them again but i'm upset that it was literally $5 in the trash.

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 2:11 am

This evening I looked at the Yowie web site and it changed its content to reflect the truth I've been espousing over the past months.  So the company is taking my point, acknowledging its false advertising, but still refuses to compensate me.

Unbelievable lack of integrity but oddly a bit satisfying.
Back to top Go down
shadoweon

shadoweon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:21 am

The company never responded to my email to them complaining about this issue.

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:35 am

Thanks for reporting it.

I wrote a second letter to the CEO of the Yowie International telling him how the company's website changed its facts to eliminate the deceit about which I've been complaining for months and yet still it won't take responsibility for it, and I again received no response at all. It seems to me a grotesque company with, surely, some unbelievably irresponsible and cowardly management.

Also, the website indicates that Pennsylvania and New Jersey (where I am) Walgreen's (a US drug store chain) stores were supposed to have begun carrying Yowies at the end of November and neither of three stores I checked nor anyone at Corporate headquarters with whom I spoke (only because my friend in Australia for whom I originally bought them still wants to complete a set) know nothing about them.

And sorry you didn't get any satisfaction either.

Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 3:16 pm

To update, I just bought a carton of 12 Yowies from a local drug store here in NJ (It is test marketing them.) for my friend and she received all duplicates--no figures that were different from those contained in the case of 72 I bought originally.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.   yowies - WARNING re: Yowies North America.  I lost $350+. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WARNING re: Yowies North America. I lost $350+.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2