Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Valinor

Country/State : the Netherlands

World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers Empty
PostSubject: World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers   World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 2:20 pm

question

Does anybody know why the "World of Nature" special editions for Müller and for Toys'r'Us have 72... numbers?

All other "World of Nature" specials (like the ones for Marbach, MPV, H&H Winners Circle, Leipzig Zoo, China Year of the Horse) are numbered 82..., also the 4 Schleich jubilee zebra-striped ones and the animals with the 7 Schleich/Meyer books.

I don't have a clue, maybe you? scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers   World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Take a look HERE :)

BTW, - as always, of somebody has something to add, please do not hesitate to contact Tim, Roger or me Very Happy

Valinor

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers   World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Thanks, Susanne! I agree to the categorization as stated in TAI, but there are several exceptions which lead me to believe that that doesn't explain the difference in numbering, assuming that that is consistent.

a) The China Lunar of the Year horses are numbered 82.... And they were made for Kids Land Company (China) Ltd (a company like Toys'r'Us but then in Asia), so they should have been 72.... instead of 82... if the numbering followed the TAI categorization.

b) Schleich's own jubilee figures were numbered 82... also, and they were available through their regular distributors.

By the way, the goat family 82717-18-19 was sold by H & H Winners' Circle in the USA, as far as I have been able to trace.

This leads me to think that there must be another reasoning behind it, so would love further input to solve this mystery!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers   World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Thankyou very much, Caroline Very Happy

Chamira

Chamira

Country/State : Sri Lanka

PostSubject: Re: World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers   World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 6:39 am

That 75 year anniversary striped animal set is fantastic. I am surprised they have not become cult items outside the world of animal figurine collectors. I only found out a week ago when I was looking through ebay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers   World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Nature specials: 72... vs 82... numbers
Page 1 of 1