Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)

Go down 
+13
lucky luke
MiniZoo
HKHollinstone
Noémi
Dark Pegasus
persefone
SUSANNE
A-J
JonasV
widukind
LeeAnn
Ana
Fisva
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) Empty
PostSubject: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Hey guys, I would like to ask you for any tips that can help me in sculpting the Konik.
I've decided to try something completely new and I have thought that I can actually try to make a horse sculpture. I've tried my best to make it and I have put all my heart into this sculpture. Still, I am no horse expert and I would appreciate any suggestions, criticism and tips :) I know it now looks like a pig a bit, haha!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Edit: right, I forgot to add the Konik's pictures!

Last edited by Fisva on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:07 pm

I think it's lovely sculpture! cheers I like the walking pose, very nice movement Very Happy
My suggestions is that withers (kłąb) shouldn't be lower than croup (odcinek lędźwiowy). Also, if you refine legs, make them thinner, it will be more realistic I think. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:15 pm

bounce bounce bounce

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:20 pm

Ana wrote:
I think it's lovely sculpture! cheers I like the walking pose, very nice movement Very Happy
My suggestions is that withers (kłąb) shouldn't be lower than croup (odcinek lędźwiowy). Also, if you refine legs, make them thinner, it will be more realistic I think. Very Happy

Thank you Anna for the tips! I have made the legs thicker because I don't want them to break when casting and making copies, though I will reconsider that Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Very nice:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Agata you made a perfect decision when you chose this wonderful breed! I'm such a crazy konik fan! Very Happy
First I have to ask - are you gonna make copies of her?
She's looking very good to me. Like this position when she's not a model which looks nice only from one side you know. Very good! Then one thing that I found you might fix is the eyes. Are they a bit too high? She would be more like a real one if you can set the yes just a bit lower. Maybe ears could be a little like more on her head. And I guess this is your first horse sculpting so I really can't cry more. I'm so curious to see how she's gonna turn out :)

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 pm

It's looking great already and it's always a good thing to try something new cheers
The pose is nice too. Though I'm not sure about the backlin/sholder. I used the konik photos you posted and made a little photoshop edition of you sculpture: (don't look at the lines around the head, there're probably not completely accurate ; ) )
I hope this will help you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Thank you very much my dear friends.

jonesee wrote:
Agata you made a perfect decision when you chose this wonderful breed! I'm such a crazy konik fan! Very Happy
First I have to ask - are you gonna make copies of her?
She's looking very good to me. Like this position when she's not a model which looks nice only from one side you know. Very good! Then one thing that I found you might fix is the eyes. Are they a bit too high? She would be more like a real one if you can set the yes just a bit lower. Maybe ears could be a little like more on her head. And I guess this is your first horse sculpting so I really can't cry more. I'm so curious to see how she's gonna turn out :)

Yes Jonas, I'm going to make copies :) Thank you for your tips about the eyes, I will change them a little bit flower

A-J wrote:
It's looking great already and it's always a good thing to try something new cheers
The pose is nice too. Though I'm not sure about the backlin/sholder. I used the konik photos you posted and made a little photoshop edition of you sculpture: (don't look at the lines around the head, there're probably not completely accurate ; ) )
I hope this will help you Very Happy

Thank you very much for your effort AJ, it will help me a lot for sure! sunny

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Maybe this will help Smile

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Maybe this will help Smile

cheers cheers cheers cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:34 pm

It is WONDERFUL bounce cheers

I love the round belly and the sturdy neck, - the only thing I would (perhaps) change is the withers a bit higher, - otherwise the saddle would slip forward Wink

persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Congrats!

Golden ratio also can help you. Although there are few horses with this ratio if you use it human eyes will see your model as perfect Wink

Back to top Go down
Dark Pegasus

Dark Pegasus

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:22 pm

How good to see that someone is finally interested in the Polish breeds of horses
This mmodel will be awesome Very Happy

http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Great that you are all trying to help, but I SO much hope that Agata will keep her own, very special style, which I love so much Crying or Very sad

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 9:50 pm

Haha, thank you very much my dear friends. And thank you persefone for a fantastic picture.
I have corrected everything you suggested. I have also added some more eyelid to make the eyes as if they were a little bit lower. I will post some pictures of progress after weekend :)

Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:07 am

Nice horse! Applause
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Some new pictures :) Please, let me know if there is anything else to correct before I paint it Very Happy I know that the butt is still a little bit too high and I will correct it soon :)

By the way, I have fallen off a horse yesterday and my back hurt A LOT Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad

Last edited by Fisva on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Looks much better, and you even retained the Agata charm! cheers cheers cheers

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Yep, looking very nice now! I like it so much - so cute pose and beautiful mane and tail drunken
I think there's mainly problems with her rear. But I think you can fix that :) Also could you make the hooves so that they're not the same area with her legs you know? Very Happy

Great job! cheers  cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by jonesee on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:29 pm

jonesee wrote:
Yep, looking very nice now! I like it so much - so cute pose and beautiful mane and tail drunken
I think there's mainly problems with her rear. But I think you can fix that :) Also could you make the hooves so that they're not the same a re with her legs you know? Very Happy

Yes Jonas, I have notied it just before you wrote it... haha Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:41 pm

I just LOVE her bounce cheers I love you Applause cheers

But, poor Agata ! pale
What happened, - did the horse jump or something ? Are you sure you should not let a doctor look at your back What a Face
Take care now, - and do not sit too long with your sculpturing, that is surely not making your back better No

A very quiet and careful get-well-hug from Denmark flower

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Fisva wrote:
jonesee wrote:
I think there's mainly problems with her rear. But I think you can fix that :) Also could you make the hooves so that they're not the same a re with her legs you know? Very Happy

Yes Jonas, I have notied it just before you wrote it... haha Very Happy

Good! Very Happy Very Happy
And I forgot to be sorry that you fell off the horse Embarassed Very Happy Try to be careful with your back =)

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I just LOVE her bounce cheers I love you Applause cheers

But, poor Agata !   pale
What happened, - did the horse jump or something ? Are you sure you should not let a doctor look at your back What a Face
Take care now, - and do not sit too long with your sculpturing, that  is surely not making your back better  No

A very quiet and careful get-well-hug from Denmark  flower

Thank you Susanne flower
Well, we wanted to try to learn how to jump through some obstacles, and my instructor put the obstacle a little bit higher after some succesful jumps. But, well, I haven't been controlling my horse properly and suddenly she turned a little bit left, right into the much, much higher part of the obstacle (I was supposed to ride her right into the center, lol). She jumped so high that she just thrown me off her back with a huge force and I just smashed the ground with my back and head Evil or Very Mad Good that I haven't crushed my head, it hurt a lot silent

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Ohh dear ! You did wear a crash helmet, din't you ?

Yes, they always teach us to curl up, fall on the shoulder, and roll...but it happens in a split second !!!! scratch

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohh dear ! You did wear a crash helmet, din't you ?

Yes, they always teach us to curl up, fall on the shoulder, and roll...but it happens in a split second !!!! scratch

Of course I did, it saved my life actually Evil or Very Mad If I hadn't worn the helmet, I would have been in a hospital now. Or dead. Lol.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)   Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Agataland presents: The Konik (finished p.2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next