Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bridge. Elastolin?

Go down 
+2
LeeAnn
DaveScriv
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

bridge. Elastolin?  Empty
PostSubject: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm

I recently bought this impressive, it is 26 cm long, bridge. It is unmarked.
The dealer, usually very expert, said it was an Elastolin item. I haven't found it in either of my books with lots of Elastolin items. One of these books is ALL about Elastolin, plus I have the companion book about Lineol - its not in there either.
Can anyone here confirm? If so, was it part of their farm range? Or military range (to go with their WW1 style trenches)?
If not Elastolin, then by who?

bridge. Elastolin?  Img975_zps8035875a

Last edited by DaveScriv on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:47 pm

I can't help but it's a very nice piece, congratulations!

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:51 pm

I don't have a slightest idea about the brand but it's fantastic looking piece...

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Sorry,  i dont know :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:14 pm

It could be elastolin. I know they made some fences of the same kind of twigs Very Happy

It is beautyful cheers

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:02 am

SUSANNE wrote:
It could be elastolin. I know they made some fences of the same kind of twigs Very Happy

It is beautyful cheers

Yes, I have quite a lot of twig fencing, some in large scale which is Elastolin, others in more like 1:32 scale, which could have been made by other companies in several European countries.

I've asked the same question over on the French 1:32 toy soldier forum, and members there have suggested possibly Elastolin, or Durso, or ?????

This bridge is clearly intended to go with larger scale figures, so I suppose that cuts down the list of possibles a bit.
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi, Dave,

Pfeiffer  (Tipple Topple) "did their own thing" right up to the end, even while in partnership with Hausser, and this bridge is very much in their style and size.

bridge. Elastolin?  Bridge

Here is the 24cm version, from the 1936 Tipple Topple catalogue. Other sizes were available, using more or less twig-work, with the same base-pieces set closer or further apart.

It was almost certainly sold alongside Hausser's Elastolin scenery and figures, so the seller was not trying to fool you.

Bridges like this one featured in their big toyshop displays of belled cattle being driven up to the Alpine pastures. Like most of the Tipple Topple scenery, they were marketed as useable with any range of figures.

Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks! That looks like the one, allowing for these wood, cardboard, papier-mâché and twigs all varying a bit - no two of even the same item by a single company are exactly identical.

So displayed by them with farm, but obviously kids would have used scenery pieces & buildings with anything - just like I did when I was a kid.

Where did you get the picture from?
Is there a Pfeiffer/Tipple Topple reference book which includes a repro catalogue?
Or is there a website with lots of Pfeiffer/Tipple Topple info?
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:30 pm

It's the constant variation of small details on composition figures that makes collecting them a joy! I have a special soft spot for Pfeiffer.
Sadly, no-one has yet written the definitive illustraged book om Tipple Topple figures.
There have been a few repro Tipple Topple catalogues produced over the years. I'll hunt round for mine tomorrow and see what I CN dig out.

Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:45 am

castlerigg wrote:
It's the constant variation of small details on composition figures that makes collecting them a joy! I have a special soft spot for Pfeiffer.
Sadly, no-one has yet written the definitive illustraged book om Tipple Topple figures.
There have been a few repro Tipple Topple catalogues produced over the years. I'll hunt round for mine tomorrow and see what I CN dig out.

Lesley
castlerigg

Any pictures from their catalogues you can post here of farm & zoo people, animals, buildings & accessories would be gratefully received.
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:46 am

I have Tipple Topple material from the 1913 Gamages Xmas catalogue (early farm sets) and a 1914 American mail-order catalogue (one boxed set of zoo animals); also the Tipple Topple pages from the 1924 Universal Toy Catalogue and its 1926 supplement, and Tipple Topple repro catalogues for 1930, 1936 and 1955.

Back in 2011, I sent the 1913 and 1914 pics, plus the animal pages from the 1955 catalogue, to Willybacoman, who kindly put them on this forum in the "Vintage Catalogues" section, with his own introduction.

I will PM you later today about the catalogues.

Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Hurray for Lesley cheers

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:33 pm

castlerigg wrote:
I have Tipple Topple material from the 1913 Gamages Xmas catalogue (early farm sets) and a 1914 American mail-order catalogue (one boxed set of zoo animals); also the Tipple Topple pages from the 1924 Universal Toy Catalogue and its 1926 supplement, and Tipple Topple repro catalogues for 1930, 1936 and 1955.

Back in 2011, I sent the 1913 and 1914 pics, plus the animal pages from the 1955 catalogue, to Willybacoman, who kindly put them on this forum in the "Vintage Catalogues" section, with his own introduction.

I will PM you later today about the catalogues.

Lesley
castlerigg

I look forward to your PM. In the meantime, I'll look at what Willybacoman posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bridge. Elastolin?    bridge. Elastolin?  Empty

Back to top Go down

bridge. Elastolin?
Page 1 of 1