Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New roaring lion from Papo 2014

Go down 
+20
Kristie
Sergey
scot(t)
MARTINLATIN
ken yeo
sadie3112
Ana
signatus
costicuba
Roger
LukaLeon085
NightLioness
JonasV
Bloodrayne
arafan
LeeAnn
skysthelimit
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

New roaring lion from Papo 2014 Empty
PostSubject: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 5:51 pm

The calm and dignified Kin has (been) retired, and his successor is a much more temperamental guy , but still pretty cool compared to his grandfater Cool

Allow me to present him, - Papo's new King of the Savanna  cheers
First a picture taken outdoors, because the colours are most realistic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then we moved indoors to compare with the old kings, - and handling three male Lions is easier indoors Wink

As always the game keeper tries to teach a new critter how to use a mobile phone, - but as always he probably has to give up ! Too loud  pale

Well, now to the walk-around Very Happy
Anticipating comments about the famous Papo-glue : Yes, Papo DOES love puzzles and glue !
But some of these pictures are taken at very cloce up. Normally you don't notice, - not very much  Laughing
No more comments for now, - take a look at this magnificent cat  Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 5:57 pm

What a handsome fellow, rippling muscles and such white teeth. Wink Big congrats. Its just unfortunate that he is made of glued parts. But even still, he is magnificent. Very Happy cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Nice lion figurine,  thank for your walk around Susanne and congratulations :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Congrats Susanne. Unfortunately, I'll pass this one, glued parts are to visible for me Crying or Very sad

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Can't say I'm a fan of the seams but I think this would make a nice model to customize Very Happy Congrats!

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:47 pm

It is a nice model! Very Happy
Thank you for the walkaround Susanne, and congratulations. Very Happy
The glued parts are also too visible too me, so I will look if I really will buy him.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 pm

He looks great!
A lot different than the old lion, which is good.
The seams on Papo animals are always very visible in photos,
but when the figure is standing on your shelf, they are really not that prominent.

Thanks for the many pics, Susanne.

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:04 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Can't say I'm a fan of the seams but I think this would make a nice model to customize Very Happy Congrats!

Well, I agree... The back lek looks odd and his fur and surface looks lumpy to me Suspect No I liked the old one better. Even though I don't collect those Im a bit disappointed to see that he's not that cool as in the catalogue photo...
The glued jaw doesn't looks nice either.. Rolling Eyes
C'mon Papo! study study exclamation

Thank you anyway Susanne! Wink

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:02 pm

jonesee wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Well, I agree... The back lek looks odd and his fur and surface looks lumpy to me Suspect No I liked the old one better. Even though I don't collect those Im a bit disappointed to see that he's not that cool as in  the catalogue photo...
The glued jaw doesn't looks nice either.. Rolling Eyes
C'mon Papo! study study exclamation

Thank you anyway Susanne! Wink

So I'm not the only one who is bothered by the hind leg?
I'm also not a big fan of his paws, it looks sometimes if he has more than 4 toes on each paw o.0
The paint job is nice, the mane are very good. A roaring lion is something different for my shelves, although I shall wait to buy them guy, pity.

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:26 pm

wow hight detailed ! Applause affraid cheers drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:10 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:
wow hight detailed ! Applause affraid cheers drunken drunken

Exactly cheers

I think the close-up photos are reason for some misunderstanding of this magnificent model....
In order to look great on the shelf, a really magnificent model needs to have the small details a tiny bit exaggerated - just like actors on a theatre scene clown Wink
This one iś not "bumpy" ( IMHO, of course), he has fantastic details, I love him very much Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:22 pm

Thanks Susanne for excelent walk around. I am rarely happy with lion figures but I want to give a positive note to this one. :) OK, he is angry because Papo lost the prise of the best lion to Mojö but this one has some very positive elements. Very Happy First, it is a very detailed figure as it is usual in Papo, 2nd, it has a lot of action that is what a children expect when buying a lion, then, it has in my oppinion, a somewhat vintage charm as it happens with many other Papo figures.
OK, I believe I like best the previous version, King of the Jungle, mainly because of its wonderful face and artistic mane, though, I need to check this one in real to take my final conclusions.
I won't, much probably, not get it once I have too many lions, but I clearly recomend it to lion lovers. Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 12:47 am

Compared to other members here, I`m still very new collector of animal toys,
but I have not small experience with sculpting..and I`m a wild cats fen. :)
So,I`ll share my opinion too :)
I have this new Papo lion, thank`s to Susanne :). She send to me many new presents, which I`ll show in other topic...  
I also have all new models of lions from all major brands...
When you take this model in your hands, you will see and feel, so much details, that makes him look realistic.
The expresion - excellent.
The anatomy - perfect ! (no strange legs)..:)
The position of the body - very realistic.
The paint job - pretty good.
The most impressive thing for me, from the Papo models, is the way how the sculptors make the
texture of the animal skin and hair. They make it very realistic...something that I still don`t see in the models of the other major brands. Of course, they make also good wild cats models, but when the sculptors of other brands make the texture, they use more simple scratching with the tools.
The perfect example for the empresive  texture in the Papo models is the Snow leopard.
This lion is no exception too.
I also don`t like  ``puzzles and glue``..and I hope that Papo will improve that in the future,
but still for me, they are ``the kings of the wild cats`` Wink

Thank you Susanne for this walk-around and this so many, nice photos :)
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:01 am

It shows clearly and more at your wonderful photos that are better made ​​than the previous figure, which is considered the best representation of a lion in the current model. This was not apparent in the figures separately. Very good figure Susanne !! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:49 am

Wonderful lion!! cheers
I think it's much better then the older Papo lion (the old one looked too much like Lion King and I didn't like the proportions of it-too huge head) This one is wonderful! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:58 am

This lion is much better than the old one, but I think he looks like he has too many toes! Laughing

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 11:00 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks Susanne for excelent walk around. I am rarely happy with lion figures but I want to give a positive note to this one. :) OK, he is angry because Papo lost the prise of the best lion to Mojö but this one has some very positive elements. Very Happy First, it is a very detailed figure as it is usual in Papo, 2nd, it has a lot of action that is what a children expect when buying a lion, then, it has in my oppinion, a somewhat vintage charm as it happens with many other Papo figures.
OK, I believe I like best the previous version, King of the Jungle, mainly because of its wonderful face and artistic mane, though, I need to check this one in real to take my final conclusions.
I won't, much probably, not get it once I have too many lions, but I clearly recomend it to lion lovers. Very Happy

I will probably get it ! As a cat, bear and dog lover.

Congrats Susanne!

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 11:08 am

Now I feel a bit offended... Can't tell why exactly Suspect scratch bounce
Maybe because many big cat lovers are buying him and I'm still confused about the toes and hind leg XD

Nevertheless, thank you for the photos Susanne cheers

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:10 pm

I don't believe the lion has too many toes.
Each toe does have a little dent where the retractable claw is hiding.
Maybe this makes the toes look like they are seperated in two smaller ones?
I don't know, because I don't see it.

But I know that sometimes when you do see things, you can't unsee them anymore.  lol!

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 5:25 am

Wonderful I like it!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 6:20 am

I've already ordered this and it's on its way, but I confess, the very first thing I noticed in Susanne's pictures was the lines on the jaw, where the mouth is glued in. Fortunately, I strongly suspect that Simone has it exactly right: It won't be nearly as apparent in person as it is in pictures. Models are funny that way.

Putting aside the glued parts and seams (which is disappointing, no doubt), I think it's a lovely model. Papo has impressed me this year. I love the Hippopotamus Cow, I was blown away by the Octopus, the Snow Leopard is fantastic, and now the Lion looks great. It's hard to complain.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 8:41 am

scot(t) wrote:
....... Papo has impressed me this year. I love the Hippopotamus Cow, I was blown away by the Octopus, the Snow Leopard is fantastic, and now the Lion looks great. It's hard to complain.

And the husky Very Happy
And we have not seen the Siamese cat yet cheers

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Many thanks Susanne! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Congrats Susanne! I like him! But my favorite of the three shown is the little one flinging his paw. :)
Back to top Go down
zosenwoans

zosenwoans

Country/State : south korea

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:58 pm

wow lools like realistic Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

New roaring lion from Papo 2014
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next