Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3

Go down 
+10
Dum_my
SUSANNE
SyLoBe
Wilorvise
Saarlooswolfhound
Shanti
ulinuk
A-J
Ana
widukind
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 pm

That's a really nice color, Abby! I think you're better with acrylics already now! Shocked Love his light hoofs I love you
I'm glad that your dog is ok! Shocked And hey - I understand what you mean about the darkness that comes so early. You know Finland's winter Mad Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 8:32 pm

He's very pretty in grey! Very Happy

I just wanted to note - you don't have to buy unpainted models to customize them. You can just spray primer right over OF models and you're good to go. Wink

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy
LeeAnn wrote:

I just wanted to note - you don't have to buy unpainted models to customize them. You can just spray primer right over OF models and you're good to go. Wink
Thank you for he information LeeAnn, they were actually on sale three or four for £5 which was an incredible deal considering they sell for about £3 each...I couldn't resist Laughing

Last edited by sadie3112 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:22 pm

That's an excellent deal! cheers

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Nice work! Like them a lot!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:47 pm

For about three weeks I have been using my new earth-toned pastels to customise a Breyer stablemate, he is not finished yet as it has taken me a while because of school commitments etc, but here are the results thus far! Smile

His first few layers were a subtle 'lemon yellow'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Before long, he started to turn to a dark brownish colour

Then today I started adding dark-points on his legs

I really like how he has turned out so far and I hope I'll be able to finish him soon sunny

I was also inspired to start working on my Breyer Morgan foal-I think I will make her into a buckskin, though I'm still unsure.

Thank you for reading flower

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Looking good!

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Aw that pony is so cute! xD Cant wait to see them all finished bounce Very Happy I really like seeing your horses!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:18 pm

I'm finally back from Iceland (it was a fantastic trip!) and I'm embarking upon a week of exams..that means not a lot of time to paint horses Crying or Very sad
Yet I found some time to paint in between revision cheers

First up is this stablemate which is painted in acrylics

He was my first attempt of painting more detailed eyes

Then I decided to pastel a horse Very Happy

This is it in various stages of completion

This is how he currently looks, I haven't finished painting his mane and tail, or his hooves, eyes and general details (but hopefully I will get chance to soon! Smile  )

Thank you for viewing sunny

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Love the andy!

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:47 am

Thank you Leeann Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:25 am

Nice work again!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:29 am

sadie3112 wrote:
I'm finally back from Iceland (it was a fantastic trip!) ....cheers  

Ohhh ! You lucky banana bounce bounce cheers
It is my dream to be able to go there some day Very Happy

Do you have any pictures ? bounce

Beautyful repaints, - I adore that little pony too, and the pinto foal is gorgeous Applause

Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Looking good already!! Applause
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:32 am

Wow you were in Iceland! That must have been a great trip! Did you see iceys? :)
I love the last repaint! Very beautiful color sunny

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:54 pm

looking good so far
When you have time; 1 done 3 to go hahah ^^
That how it work with me to!
Begin on one don't finish start another one ...
yeah .. finally you will see the are going to be awsome I love you

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:38 pm

JonasV wrote:
Did you see iceys? :)
We saw so many! They absolutely love their Iceys haha Very Happy
I currently have a French exchange student with me this week, but hopefully I can grab my photos of Iceland and upload some of them for you all to see Very Happy And if I'm lucky I may eventually finish customising these horses too! Laughing

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 4:40 pm

sadie3112 wrote:
JonasV wrote:
Did you see iceys? :)
We saw so many! They absolutely love their Iceys haha Very Happy
I currently have a French exchange student with me this week, but hopefully I can grab my photos of Iceland and upload some of them for you all to see Very Happy And if I'm lucky I may eventually finish customising these horses too! Laughing

Very Happy That's the thing Iceland is famous about Very Happy
Oh yes it would be awesome to see photos! And of course it's always exciting to see what you've been doing for your customs victims Razz
Btw, have you been able to get your paints and brushes on those horses I sent you? ; D

Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:12 pm

It's funny you ask Jonas, I prepped the hanoverian mare you sent me a little while ago but never got round to actually started customising her!

Here she is after a few layers of grey pastels:

I hope I'll be able to finish her sometime soon Very Happy

I was also finally able to come close to finishing this little guy

He only needs his eyes to be painted then he's finished! I really like how he came out cheers

And since i'm currently on a two week Easter break from school, I thought I would give myself a break from revision and do some more customising cheers cheers
This classic scaled foal has become a little experiment of mine and I really like how she has come out so far Very Happy

Thank you for viewing, I hope to update this thread fairly soon flower

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:13 pm

The shetty looks good in bay! Is he going to have any chrome?

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:52 pm

sadie3112 wrote:
It's funny you ask Jonas, I prepped the hanoverian mare you sent me a little while ago but never got round to actually started customising her!

Here she is after a few layers of grey pastels:

I hope I'll be able to finish her sometime soon Very Happy

I hope to update this thread fairly soon flower

Yay! Very Happy It's always a joy to see this model repainted! I cant wait to see her finished! cheers
You've done some awesome work on the pony - so cute! Also the foal looks very interesting.. Very Happy cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:31 am

Oops! I haven't updated this since April Laughing Embarassed

I haven't been doing much customising due to my exams (results come out next week, I'm very nervous!) and life in general, in fact I'm going on holiday tomorrow but I thought I would squeeze in a little update Very Happy

The Breyer Shetland pony now has eyes (excuse the dust Embarassed )

I believe this was my first attempt at 'realistic' eyes (thank you LeeAnn for the tutorial!)

The Hanoverian Mare from Jonas is slowly gaining layers of pastel

I've decided to re-customise this Schleich horse as I did not like how she was turning out, she's only had one layer of primer thus far though

This is how she looked before I gave up on her and attacked her with gesso  Laughing

This stallion (which I believe came from Jonas) has just started his journey of customisation

Last but certainly not least, I have a very strange looking AAA horse Laughing

He will be my first wild animal custom cheers

I really hope I will update this sooner rather than later as I have greatly missed this forum of wonderful people, bye-bye for now Very Happy

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Exciting! Like the color you got for the Andalusian! Also those ponys from me are looking well :)

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Are there more update on the horses ?

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 11:59 am

Oh it's been a very long time! Yesterday I gave myself a whole day to do some customising - it was great fun Very Happy

First up was the Andalusian mare who seems to have never ending layers of pastels! I was hoping to finish her but I ran out of fixative and my hand started to ache so she has quite a few layers to go still! Laughing  Laughing

I then moved onto the bear which I had already primed. I started with some varying shades of acrylic paints then did a few layers of pastels (again I ran out of fixative Laughing ). This model also still has quite a bit of work to go, including fur details, face, mouth and feet shading etc. And excuse the bad photo - the lighting does no justice for his shading thus far! Laughing

Then I moved onto one of the Andalusian foals which I own, the original paintwork was very scratched and so I saw I had no other choice but to make it another victim of customisation! Twisted Evil  Likewise lots of work needs to be done still though I really like how the base colours look so far!

Lastly is my favourite custom of the day, this Percheron is quite close to completion, just a few more darker layers and then eyes, hooves and mail/tail to be done! In hindsight I would've put a white sheet down behind him so you could see the shades of grey more easily  Razz

I really wish I could've updated this thread earlier but I have been very busy with school, travelling and family life! study Though I must say I look forward to coming back to this website and I miss it dearly when I'm very busy! Crying or Very sad

As always, thank you for looking and any tips or improvements are welcome Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next