Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
widukind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. Empty
PostSubject: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 2:47 pm

In future, to make life a bit easier for collectors, as I now have a lot of experience in terms of dinosaur figure collecting and trading, I will give sourcing, availability and valuation ratings (based on actual collecting experience rather than online dealer say so) to figures in this type of thread. Hopefully, that will enable folks to value their own figures realistically and avoid overpaying for figures. Ratings are based on mint examples unless other wise stated.

Yujin - Dino Museum Series I & II.

Issue Format: Basic set. No secret figures.
Production Status: Discontinued. Issued 2000?
Availabilty: Full Sets are rare. Individual figures are variable. Discontinued.
Value: Full sets of Series I or Series II: £15 - £30 per set. Individual figures: £3 - £5. Dependent on market, projected value is holding/rising.
Sources: Ebay or Japanese auction sites.

This series of figures, composed of twelve figures across 2 sets, is highly regarded by collectors because of the variety of animals included in the set and the sculptural quality and poses given to them. The set is usually referred to as a 'bottle cap' set but this term isn't accurate and I'm not sure why they've been placed in this category. The figures sit on flat bases rather than bottle caps and each base gives the name of the animal, a human size comparison and some dinosaur data in Japanese text. In actuality, as is often the case with this type of figure, sets I & II are actually an expanded reissued set from an earlier release that were issued individually boxed (sets I & II were gashapon capsule figures). I do have some examples from the earlier release however these are currently in storage. That said, the paint schemes were revised for series I & II so any paint schemes found on figures that are not shown will be from the earlier release.

It's been said that there were issues with the little clips used to support the theropods on the bases being liable to break easily but I've not encountered that problem personally. I guess with models this size, it's always wise to take great care when setting them up for display.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Series I

Tyrannosaurus

Centrosaurus

Saichania

Stegosaurus

Amargasaurus

Allosaurus

Series II

Triceratops

Spinosaurus

Kentrosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Therizinosaurus

Carnotaurus

Last edited by blackdanter on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Unbelievable figurines, but new for me are the base for Yujin models!! Big congratulations my friend

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 pm

They are fabulous cheers

I am especially impressed by the carnotaurus, - but they are all wonderful ! CONGRATULATIONS Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Thanks for useful, complete and interesting information! Very Happy
That's another very good looking collection, I like specially stegosaurs. Very Happy

blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 9:34 am

Thanks all. Not new figures for me, just uploaded from my collection for reference. study
Back to top Go down
sabulia

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Any chance of doing the retro bottle cap series?
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:37 pm

sabulia wrote:
Any chance of doing the retro bottle cap series?

Most of my collection is currently stored but I can certainly do that once I have them unpacked. I'm just adding things as I pack them away at the moment or new things I've acquired. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:08 am

Great tiny models collection Very Happy And great topic... Me want more Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.   Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II. Empty

Back to top Go down

Yujin Dino Museum - Series 1 & II.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Yujin-
Jump to: