Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:16 pm

The only joy of packing some of your collection down, is the joy of unpacking them, and seeing them again  cheers

For a while I have had the new - rather girlish - set standing on my table, and now I wanted to see the old ones again.
I had completely forgotten how wonderful some of them are  drunken
The first ones were standing on one of my book shelves for some years, -hopefully I have gotten most of the dust off them  Embarassed

Even if you may know them well, I hope it is ok to show them here ?

They were made during the years 2008 - 2012, the last two were retired after only one year.

The show jumper set, is perhaps the most beautyful one, and the one that was made for the longest period : From 2008 - 2012 :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The western set was made from 2009 - 2012 :
Lots of fine details !
The cowboy is very professional, sitting completely relaxed in the saddel, as his horse breaks so the sand flies  Shocked  Laughing

The racing set was made from 2008 - 2011, and is a beautyfully sculptured, too !
You can almost hear the hooves drumming Very Happy
Perhaps not the most eye-catching one, which may be the reson that it was retired first.

Dressage set , made from 2009 - 20012.
The one who made this set must know about dressage.
Look at the rythm in the sidewards trot ( we call it traversade in Danish).
I like the type of this classical looking horse with the strong front Very Happy

The last two sets are slightly more toy-ish, I think.
They look as if they were made by the new horse-artist who has made the horses since 2012 ? scratch
It seems they were not a great success, and were only made in 2011.

The young cowboy does his best at the rodeo :

Eventing set .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ( In Denmark we call it Miltary ) is a tough discipline !
Both girl and pony seem a bit young for this test in stamnia and skills.
Look how the girl falls back in the saddle - compare to the show jumpe rider in the first picture - . I hope they won't get hurt  Shocked  Laughing

I wonder if these sets will become collector's items some day, - just like the Artist's Horses have been the last couple of years ?
Perhaps, in 10 - 15 or 20 years time ? If Schleich does not chase adult collectors away before then Wink

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:30 pm

I have all of these too (exept for the cross country set) and i also almost forgot how much i love them,
then i saw your pictures! I love you thank you for sharing this beautiful pictures!! cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Thankyou, dust ! Your words warm my heart drunken

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:39 pm

Very nice figurines!!  Congratulations Susanne!!

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:45 pm

I was only able to get my hands on the jumper, dressage, and racing sets, the others eluded me. Sad Too bad, they're quite nice!

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:50 pm

I love these sets, unfortunately I missed the eventing set (hopefully I can find one someday), but these were golden ideas.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:46 pm

It looks like I will be checking e-Bay until I find some of these models Laughing

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Good pictures! I love them too! But the dressage girl is making half-pass Wink
Back to top Go down
teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:48 pm

They are so beautiful! I am looking at some of them too from my bookshelves :)

I think that the older sets, including the Wild West series, have amazing and much better horse models, than the new "stuff".
Although, I am nicely surprised by this year's horse sets that have just been released.
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Beautiful sets. I wish the Schleich Wild West series could come back... Sad

Back to top Go down
LittleLady

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:10 pm

I love the models!
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:10 pm

They are wonderful! I like them a lot, but I didn´t want to start collecting riders too... :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I love the models!

cheers cheers

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
*Valencia Stables*

Country/State : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:34 am

I love these! Must have!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:30 am

I hope you find them, esp the first ones are nice Very Happy

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Lots of love for these sets ! Very Happy
i have them all out of the box and in a display sow walk by them everyday.

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:13 am

I do not know if this is allowed. If not please delete my answer. I just saw several looking for some of the sets and on this Danish webside: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are three of the sets still for sale: the western, rodeo and racing set.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Great !!! Thankyou very much, Rakel cheers

Yes, of course it is allowed to help others Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D   Today at 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down

The older horse and rider sets from Schleich :-D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1