Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about K&M-Wild Republic

Go down 
+5
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
Rio
widukind
jarda
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

Questions about K&M-Wild Republic Empty
PostSubject: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 am

Please can some guru provide me any infos about company K&M Int.? I found some relations with Wild Republic...  Shocked I am totally confused... I saw some low-end one dollar figures with K&M Int signature as well as some excellently shaped and well painted (and significantly bigger) ones. The company probably produces no such figures anymore I am unable to find any old K&M catalogue. Some figure photos I found on CollectorsQuest only.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:40 pm

The any K&M animals was sell also in Toobs like safari and they have also bigger animals in a softer material (i have two sharks). Today K&M is wild republic and you can find any animals in the tubes by wild republic.
I know follow K&M tubes (any animals are very small):

Monkeys
Big Cats
America
Asia
Congo
Australia
Endangered Animals

any time ago i see 3 tubes in a online-shop, but i can find it now.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:31 pm

My penguins sold by Wild Republic have K&M on them. They are larger than Schleich and also hollow. Two of them have a squeaker !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks for your answer, Andreas, I know You are K&M expert (since I have some K&M figures from You)! My WR small animals from buckets are idetical as some Chinese unbranded ones or Nayab marked pieces. Some bigger WR animals I have are hollow-multipart-composed figures but K&M figures were softer (as You wrote) and AFAIK no hollowplast. So I think maybe the WR company is K&M company official follower but origin of the WR production is closer to the nonamed "Made in China" figures than the older K&M ones...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:41 pm

jarda wrote:
Thanks for your answer, Andreas, I know You are K&M expert (since I have some K&M figures from You)! My WR small animals from buckets are idetical as some Chinese unbranded ones or Nayab marked pieces. Some bigger WR animals I have are hollow-multipart-composed figures but K&M figures were softer (as You wrote) and AFAIK no hollowplast. So I think maybe the WR company is K&M company official follower but origin of the WR production is closer to the nonamed "Made in China" figures than the older K&M ones...

No, i am not a expert. I became my K&M animal tubes in the 90s in the shop of my hometown Zoo Dresden. They have a lot of tubes. And i search also for this animals, because they have also a lot of species, they only by K&M (Red river hog, bateleur....). And i have also the Wild Republic buckets animals by Nayab. But i think, they are actually sale also by Wild Republic and other.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:16 pm

widukind wrote:
jarda wrote:

No, i am not a expert. I became my K&M animal tubes in the 90s in the shop of my hometown Zoo Dresden. They have a lot of tubes. And i search also for this animals, because they have also a lot of species, they only by K&M (Red river hog, bateleur....). And i have also the Wild Republic buckets animals by Nayab. But i think, they are actually sale also by Wild Republic and other.

If not expert, then very experienced collector at least Wink Do You have photo of your (old) K&M collection or catalogue? I am especially focused to the small felids - some days ago I received really great ocelot figure with K&M Int signature but completely different than the "K&M ocelot" from CollectorsQuests photo. It was be great if there are another K&M high quality small felids, e.g. margay, manul, caracal etc., but my searching was no succesfull (I don´t know exactly which figures should I search)...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Indeed K&M and Wild Rep are the same company. K&M is a subsidiary company of KAIYODO.

NAYAB is a Chinese company which produced generic toys for several brands. We used to call those animals NAYAB on STS because it is easier than talking about NATURE ZONE, KIM PLAY.... AND why not WILD REPUBLIC.

K&M sold different toobs and products and it is possible to find several models of the same animal.

The WR toobs sold on TGFtoys are the same than the older K&M.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:31 pm

jarda wrote:
widukind wrote:
jarda wrote:

If not expert, then very experienced collector at least Wink
Thank you. Very Happy

Do You have photo of your (old) K&M collection or catalogue?
At the moment not, but i will any do for you. Very Happy

I am especially focused to the small felids - some days ago I received really great ocelot figure with K&M Int signature but completely different than the "K&M ocelot" from CollectorsQuests photo. It was be great if there are another K&M high quality small felids, e.g. margay, manul, caracal etc., but my searching was no succesfull (I don´t know exactly which figures should I search)...
Of this i never heared- but this were also very interesting for me. Very Happy

Last edited by widukind on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:39 pm

I will move the topic t o the "Other new plastic or rubber animal figures" section if you don't mind Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

K&M sold different toobs and products and it is possible to find several models of the same animal.

The WR toobs sold on TGFtoys are the same than the older K&M.

But the best tubes are out.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Especially monkeys toob Sad
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Especially monkeys toob Sad

Yes, and the Congo toob. Very Happy Have you any bigger K&M animals? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:57 pm

I don't know the Congo toob confused

I only know the WR Congo exp box with the red river hog... This one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I don't know the Congo toob confused

I only know the WR Congo exp box with the red river hog... This one

Yes, the very nice red river hog. I love it. But i think i see the "congo toob" also in a online shop, but i am really not sure. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

I never see this kind of package!!! What a Face Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 pm

that's what I bought on TGF two or three years ago.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
that's what I bought on TGF two or three years ago.

Oh, i know tgf-toys only one year- but i see the red river hog in your and find this and the others one week later on a second-hand-market (i dont know the english word). But i think really i see also a toob in a online-shop.Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 pm

The set contains wonderfull species, but i still miss the Red riverhog and the mandrill from this set... Crying or Very sad Cool

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:52 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The set contains wonderfull species, but i still miss the Red riverhog and the mandrill from this set... Crying or Very sad Cool

Poor Willy!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:58 am

Well, Christophe did send me the other models of this set, and i really don't understand why he didn't send me the red riverhog and the mandrill??? Laughing Rolling Eyes geek scratch Wink
But nice models, with about the same quality as Playvisions. :)

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:31 pm

I've also a keen interest for the K&M figures, although I think that most of the Playvisions figures are higher in terms of quality.

LorenzoItaly

LorenzoItaly

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Where to find the Coral Reef tube for sale ?   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi,
I'm back in the forum because I need your help. Does anyone know where I can find the Coral Reef tube or maybe some of the fish included in it for sale? Thank you ; )

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:36 pm

WELCOME BACK.  ,  i have the clown triggerfish extra:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LorenzoItaly

LorenzoItaly

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:38 pm

widukind wrote:
WELCOME BACK.  ,  i have the clown triggerfish extra:)
That's interesting ! I need that one, could you sell it to me?

PostSubject: Re: Questions about K&M-Wild Republic   Questions about K&M-Wild Republic Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about K&M-Wild Republic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next