Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas Empty
PostSubject: Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas   Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:36 pm

I just got the chestnut (?) Appy the other day, and had the black one.

Overall I prefer the black one. The chestnut has much better shading, versus the black one being solid black. The black one has a much nicer blanket, where the chestnut appears more stenciled and not as realistic. I'm not a fan of the grey marks around the blanket of the black one, but it's still a lot better than the chestnut. The spots on the blanket of the black one are also more realistic, they are irregularly shaped whereas the chestnuts are mostly all the same. The face of the black is also much better. However, both have nice eyes. The hooves are painted the same way.

Now the photos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can see the hind legs of the chestnut are warped too. Easy fix, but I wanted to make note of it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Oops.

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas   Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Great horses guys! I think I also prefer the black appaloosa however I can't choose which arab is best! They're both such lovely models Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas   Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 am

Weird, I don't know how those two thread ended up being combined. Laughing Thanks Abby!

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas   Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:16 am

This's one of the best by Deb... cyclops So calm but same time curious horse with such nice coat. I was just wondering how different this afterwards painted brown appy is with my oldie... Anyway thank you for the walk around, LeeAnn! Very Happy cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas   Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Anytime I see this horse in local shops I get always impressed with its realism. That's an excelent figure and it is made of a harder material too. Maybe a little tall to traditional Schleich collectors but actually I like that fact. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas   Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas Empty

Back to top Go down

Comparison between the two CollectA Appaloosas
Page 1 of 1