Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians

Go down 
+2
Roger
LeeAnn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians Empty
PostSubject: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:24 am

I absolutely adore this sculpt. I don't think I can say I prefer one color variation over the other. Both are just stunning, and thankfully both are also Arabian-correct colors. The grey has better shading than the chestnut, but the depth of color is better on the chestnut. The facial details are more brought out on the chestnut than on the grey. The hooves of the grey are airbrushed, and on the chestnut they are handpainted, so they are a little sloppy on the chestnut. The chestnut has a sheen and is painted, whereas the grey is more matte and appears to be unpainted white plastic with a little airbrushing done to it. The airbrushing on the grey isn't as clean as the chestnut (see what I mean on the tail). As for the sculpt in general, I appreciate that the dish in the facial profile is not overly exaggerated like the "prime" example of the real horse is today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 am

These Arabians are a good example how to make a very feminine looking figure without destroying the nobleness of the animal. I like it so much that I have the grey version. Not many mares have a more "sensual" pose than that lady, a real joy to watch. Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:20 am

So beautiful! I actually see why do yuo like these so much Very Happy My opinion is that the chestnut suits better for the mold. I don't know why but the white one looks a bit clumsy and large for me Razz
Thanks for your work again = )

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:54 pm

I love your photos Very Happy Indeed an amazing model she is.

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:50 am

I just received the chestnut mare in a trade, she is stunning even with paint rubs! She doesn't look like a 'toy' model horse for children, she reminds me instead of the realism and detail of the Breyers made for the collector's market- only made in softer 'toy' plastic instead of brittle resin. The pose would look great with the Breyer 'Sham' stallion mold if the sizes were the same.
My mother owned/bred Arabs for longer than I've been alive, still owns a couple mares although she no longer breeds (she also hates what's been made of the breed the past several decades). I got this figure for her. You should have seen her light up when I gave it to her! She didn't believe it was a toy at first, although when I reminded her of my gashapon goldfish she admitted it seems other countries have much higher quality standards than the US.
I wish CollectA was available in the US, at least in stores so you could see them, if this little mare is any example of their quality.
(and it was a pet peeve of mine as a kid all the Arab figures in non Arab colors like palomino, I agree thanks for the breed appropriate colors!)
Back to top Go down
Realbelovedgirl

Realbelovedgirl

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:44 pm

I have the chesnut one. she is so gorgues they did such a good job on her. I love the karakter and the realism but still so charming also the colour is stunning. one of the best arabain horse models i own. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians   Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians Empty

Back to top Go down

Comparison between the two CollectA Arabians
Page 1 of 1