Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
Roger
JonasV
A-J
Fisva
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? Empty
PostSubject: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:09 am

Ok guys, soon I will receive this beauty:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and I've been wondering which new coat can I give to him. I want to paint something more challenging than Schleich-like repaints. I've been thinking about appaloosa since I have no appaloosa yet. I've been thinking about this one:

or this one:

Any suggestions? Very Happy

Last edited by Fisva on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:42 am

What a lovely mold! flower
Appaloosa would be nice! My personal favorite is a strawberry roan appaloosa like this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:49 am

sorry, I somehow posted twice... I don't really know how to delete one... scratch study admin?

Last edited by A-J on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 am

I have this model too she's such a beautiful girl! Very Happy This one in the photo has slightly different paint job than mine. I'm very curious to see what you're gonna do for her. I think the first reference photo is nicer. Yeah maybe pretty challenging but I'm sure she'll turn out way you and we love Very Happy Very Happy
Good luck!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 am

Thank you very much for your suggestions dear friends!

jonesee wrote:
I have this model too she's such a beautiful girl! Very Happy This one in the photo has slightly different paint job than mine. I'm very curious to see what you're gonna do for her. I think the first reference photo is nicer. Yeah maybe pretty challenging but I'm sure she'll turn out way you and we love Very Happy Very Happy
Good luck!

I've used the image from Toy Animal Wiki because I don't have my own pictures of the horse. The original one has a slightly different painting as well :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:59 pm

This horse is very nice, almost 10 years retired, probably I won't use that mold to repaint in an Appaloosa, unless it is in a not very good condition. Of course choice is yours. Very Happy
I will soon put the Schleich Knabstrupper mare in trade section, it is already a leopard, let me know if you find it a good choice and I send it to you. Very Happy

A-J wrote:
sorry, I somehow posted twice... I don't really know how to delete one... scratch study admin?

Anne, you can delete your own posts clicking in a cross at the far top right of your post. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Roger wrote:
This horse is very nice, almost 10 years retired, probably I won't use that mold to repaint in an Appaloosa, unless it is in a not very good condition. Of course choice is yours. Very Happy
I will soon put the Schleich Knabstrupper mare in trade section, it is already a leopard, let me know if you find it a good choice and I send it to you. Very Happy

I agree. It would be such a shame to repaint this rare, old beauty, - but your decition Sad

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Roger wrote:

Rogerio, you have already given me so many beaultiful horses that I woudn't even dare to think about another one from you. Please keep it  I love you

SUSANNE wrote:
I agree. It would be such a shame to repaint this rare, old beauty, - but your decition Sad

If you say so guys, than I will reconsider it. I've already ordered Collecta's horses as well so maybe I will repaint this stallion instead:

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Nice repaint :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Fisva wrote:

If you say so guys, than I will reconsider it. I've already ordered Collecta's horses as well so maybe I will repaint this stallion instead:

That one is one of the nicest CollectA models. Beautyful mould - and you cna just buy more Very Happy

Much better to repaint, - IMHO cheers

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:29 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Fisva wrote:

That one is one of the nicest CollectA models. Beautyful mould  - and you cna just buy more Very Happy

Much better to repaint, - IMHO cheers

cheers cheers Indeed, and I think it would be great to see a CollectA cust from you cyclops

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:38 pm

jonesee wrote:

cheers cheers Indeed, and I think it would be great to see a CollectA cust from you cyclops

From mmmmmm..ME affraid pale

Scary thought lol! lol!

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
jonesee wrote:

Scary thought lol! lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Well maybe you should try too Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

jonesee wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
jonesee wrote:

Scary thought lol! lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Well maybe you should try too Wink Very Happy

Susanne I think it is your time to shine Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! lol! lol!

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Exciting project Agata!! Appaloosa's are amazing horses, each one has a bit different pattern, I don't think you can find two the same Very Happy

The CollectA mould is very beautiful and in general nice choice for a horse to customise. However it's again a special gait pose, and average Appaloosa probably don't move that way. But it can be mixed breed (TWH x Appaloosa) Very Happy

The horse on a second picture looks actually not like an Appaloosa pattern but more like rabicano pattern  scratch

From all Appaloosa's patterns I think I like snowflake Appaloosa's most, I think they are cute. Also the snowcap pattern is very nice Very Happy Varnish and leopard patterns are also great. Yes, I think they are all very nice and very interesting. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks Ana!
Yeah, I've made a mistake because I haven't noticed that it is actually TWH and not pinto at all (damn sellers!), but I'm thinking about repositioning its legs. The second picture that I've posted is actually sabino :)

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:24 pm

It could be a Walkaloosa. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Fisva wrote:
Thanks Ana!
Yeah, I've made a mistake because I haven't noticed that it is actually TWH and not pinto at all (damn sellers!), but I'm thinking about repositioning its legs. The second picture that I've posted is actually sabino :)

Really? It doesn't look sabino to me. More like strawberry roan or rabicano.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Wow that's interesting! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Fisva wrote:
Thanks Ana!

Reposition it, do! I'd love to see more remakes on the mold. Besides, nothing terribly drastic is even needed for it to become a plain walking horse (as opposed to a Walking Horse) - just plant both hind hooves on the ground, reduce the overstride a touch and - voilà. It could become a very tasty appaloosa, I think. Whatever you decide to do with it, I'll be curious to see the results.

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
That's something new! Shocked

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Fisva wrote:
Thanks Ana!

I have found it somewhere on Google, but now I can't find it, lol.

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Fisva wrote:
Thanks Ana!

Rabicano, that's what I thought too Very Happy Especially because the roaning is not very extensive and the "skunk tail" marking is clearly visible Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Ok, I have found it! Very Happy HERE

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Now I'm really confused, it says "Sabino Roan/Rabicano Pony" lol!

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Many people call the ticked-white manifestation of sabino 'sabino roan' without intending to indicate a 'true' or 'dark-headed' roan. The horse seems to be a chestnut sabino rabicano, though according to this article, it could also be mere sabino.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?   Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich? Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse repaint debate - Bullyland, Collecta or Schleich?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next