Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Swap THANK YOU Thread

Go down 
+19
christinavanderschouw
Roger
JonasV
SyLoBe
sadie3112
Fisva
Damon
sortepletter
Deseo
Kikimalou
SpiralStrix
Tiermann
QuollMate
SUSANNE
A.R.Garcia
Ana
A-J
scot(t)
ulinuk
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

First Swap THANK YOU Thread Empty
PostSubject: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:34 am

What did you get? Who was it from? bounce Remember, you are required to post photos here upon receipt of your package and thank your partner!

Can't wait to see the goodies everyone gets. Very Happy

Last edited by LeeAnn on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Regy

Regy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 am

:) Can not wait to see

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 pm

bounce bounce bounce Basketball cheers

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:52 pm

So some has been sent already and some will e sent very soon bounce bounce
*Watching this topic for replies*
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:11 am

It appears that it is my honor to present the first STS customized figure swap animal in its new home.

As it happened, I was expecting a small package I had ordered, and I assumed that this might be it. However, this was in a box that seemed a bit too large. Looking closer, I thought "was I expecting something from a chocolate company in Oregon?" Suspect

Upon opening all became clear. Yes, this was none other than a special gift from Tiermann! Inside was the beautifully repainted Battat Dan LoRusso Collection Nanshiungosaurus brevispinus! Very Happy  

As seen in his pictures, Tim chose a daring mix of metallic green and copper for the color scheme. I would never have thought of this, and it looks quite stunning in person. The claws are a light natural-looking color, and the eyes are a deep blue- almost purplish. Nanshiungosaurus, of Cretaceous China, was a relative of the more famous Therizinosaurus, a giant-clawed theropod thought to be herbivorous. While the question of a feathered covering (preserved in some relatives) remains, with this paint I can say that this particular individual looks quite comfortable in its skin!

After it was unpacked I hurried out to get a few pictures in the fading light, as I could see that the figure's colors would look different depending on the lighting. The leafy background pictures were done inside under the task lamp. I'm afraid no pictures capture the full feel of the paint scheme.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think it would be perfect camouflaged in a woodland setting, but it may be the wrong time of year. If I manage any other interesting pictures I will share them.

I did not specifically mention dinosaurs in my swap form, but it seems Tim was savvy as I am very much a dinosaur person. The first snowfall of the season fell and melted today, so this feels a bit like an early Christmas!

...and finally, THANK YOU TIM!! Very Happy cheers cheers

Last edited by A.R.Garcia on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Hooraaaaay! cheers cheers cheers Beautiful pictures and beautiful custom! Congratulations Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Cool dinosaur, really good repaint! And very good shots too Very Happy Congratulations and hooray for Tim! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:34 pm

cheers cheers Congrats on such a beautiful custom cheers
Also, I like your presentation a lot too! Very Happy I think I will do something like that too when mine arives,! If you don't mind that ofcourse Wink

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:40 pm

cheers The first one has arrived, and it's a gorgeous one at that! cheers

What a lovely piece! Thank you for providing some information on the species as well, for those of us who nothing about dinosaurs. Wink

Congratulations!

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks everyone. A-J, surely we will all love to see and hear about what you get! 4U, I'm glad I included that tidbit, then, but an internet search for the curious will of course provide better info.

Thanks again Tim, and also LeeAnn for your work on all this!

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:42 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Thanks everyone. A-J, surely we will all love to see and hear about what you get! 4U, I'm glad I included that tidbit, then, but an internet search for the curious will of course provide better info.

Thanks again Tim, and also LeeAnn for your work on all this!

Thank you for participating and I'm glad to see everyone enjoying themselves. flower

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Andy, what a honour, that's a historical momment! Laughing
It started almost like a "horse" oriented thing and it is starting with a dinosaur! Very Happy I absolutly love the work performed by Tim and I think he guessed your taste. That color gives a serious looking to such a bizarre creature. Fantastic pictures and congratulations! cheers

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:01 am

Glad he arrived in good shape Andy! You left things pretty wide open so I looked into what you had posted about in the past and tried to find something you might like that would be fun to do.
I chose the color scheme in part because the wiki pages about this type of species says that they are herbivores that used their claws to strip leaves from trees/bushes. So I thought green with stripes would be an appropriate camouflage scheme reflecting what might have worked in nature. Of course the reflective glitzy surface kind of belies that but hey it made it fun to do. Very Happy

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:21 am

Fabulous job Tim. :)

Also, apparently according to my 3 1/2 year old, he should be named "Jeffry the Thomas" sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:03 am

What a beauty Shocked I did not know that Tim is such an artist cheers

Congratulations, Andy, - wonderful pictures too Applause

Certainly a worthy model to start off this great game cheers

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:16 am

Rogério: Yes, this is a bizarre creature to start a parade, but really maybe no more so than an elephant or even a moose? elephant rendeer Laughing I like horses but when it comes to discussing breeds or their morphologies I have to listen and learn from our knowledgeable friends here.

Tim: He's settling in quite well- on the desk right now next to some new friends. Smile  Yes, I didn't leave you too much to work with, even in posts or pictures yet. Honestly, I often don't know what I will like until I see it. Wink These colors work well for your idea, regarding crypsis the metallic quality will be interesting as it interacts with the surrounding light in a different way than a matte finish would. We will see, it could be quite effective.

Laura: To be precise, I think you mean "Jeffry the Thomas, Disco Master of Nanxiong". All the dinosaurs in the area are impressed by his displays, but are afraid to get too close. Laughing

Susanne: You should rotate it around, in person... drunken

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Big congrats  cyclops cheers

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 2:30 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:

Laura: To be precise, I think you mean "Jeffry the Thomas, Disco Master of Nanxiong". All the dinosaurs in the area are impressed by his displays, but are afraid to get too close. Laughing

flower Made my son's day, Andy. sunny santa (and mine)

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Big congrats! It's very beautiful with the metallic coat... drunken Hurray! Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 8:13 am

Wow, fantastic Nanshiungosaurus!! Great paintwork Tim! I'm really impressed.
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:25 pm

My swap package has arrived too! cheers
But, I haven't unpacked it yet. I haven't had plenty of time this week and I want to enjoy and certainly not rush a such a wonderful STS gift Wink
patience, patience.... bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:27 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

How can you not rip open the box!? lol!

A-J

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Laughing I have to admit, it's quite a challenge

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:51 am

A-J wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Laughing I have to admit, it's quite a challenge

I couldn't resist! Very Happy So exciting to see what you've gotten!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Open it! You must! lol!

PostSubject: Re: First Swap THANK YOU Thread   First Swap THANK YOU Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

First Swap THANK YOU Thread
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next