Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Which brands can you find locally?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm in Singapore. I can find a selection of Schleich only at Toys R Us Vivocity (but not 2014 release), I cannot find it at other TRU branches. A very few Mojo Animal Planet animals at a small toy shop at JEM. A selection of Papo at The Better Toy Stores. Maybe at some toy stores at Departure Terminal of Changi Airport. Prices are very expensive though for any brands and in all stores. Anybody from Singapore knows of any other stores? I'd love to know!!
@NandO : can't you find any in Bali? Do you have to go to Jakarta to find the Schleich?

Welcome here!

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:54 pm

only Schleich here.... Sad , but I buy everthing online so I can get almost everything cheers
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:03 am

I also mostly buy everything online.

There are Schleich models in various stores here and there.

Safari models are available in a different range of stores.

I used to see Papo occasionally, and will still sometimes see their dinosaurs, but not so much.

Mojo Fun and CollectA (and Bullyland), I have never seen any models by these companies in a physical, "brick and mortar" store.
Back to top Go down
terrine

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:33 am

@LeeAnn, Thank you very much for the Welcome. However, I'm not really a collector like most of the people here  Embarassed . I buy them because my kids love, love to play with them!!! I love them too, but mostly as decoration. I put them at various corners of my home (the deer family stay in the kitchen counter behind the basket of onions, the buffalo near the rice, elephants on the bathtub ledge. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:30 am

I'm in Singapore. I can find a selection of Schleich only at Toys R Us Vivocity (but not 2014 release), I cannot find it at other TRU branches. A very few Mojo Animal Planet animals at a small toy shop at JEM. A selection of Papo at The Better Toy Stores. Maybe at some toy stores at Departure Terminal of Changi Airport. Prices are very expensive though for any brands and in all stores. Anybody from Singapore knows of any other stores? I'd love to know!!
@NandO : can't you find any in Bali? Do you have to go to Jakarta to find the Schleich?

Hai Terrine, hard to find it in bali (25 minutes flight), mostly in java include jakarta..
sometime i got some japan brands from friends in jakarta... like old kitans with really good price..

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:52 pm

@LeeAnn, Thank you very much for the Welcome. However, I'm not really a collector like most of the people here  Embarassed . I buy them because my kids love, love to play with them!!! I love them too, but mostly as decoration. I put them at various corners of my home (the deer family stay in the kitchen counter behind the basket of onions, the buffalo near the rice, elephants on the bathtub ledge. Very Happy )

Don't worry, you'll find yourself placing some animals on a shelf and telling your kids, "No, these are my animals!" Laughing Wink

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:31 am

Interesting topic!

I also live in an European capital and mostly only Schleich is available here. They're available everywhere.

Occasionally some other figures from different brands can be found, never the full line. For example, some Bullyland forest animals have been sold here.
Some China-animals are available here, usually sold in bags containing many animals. Except for our zoo that seems to sell Nayab figures (for quite expensive price imo).

As for the new releases, the only brand we can guarantee that we'll get is Schleich.

And now the CollectA displays collapsed and are replaced by Schleich :face:

That happened to a toy store chain here a few years ago. The toy store tried to sell CollectA and Schleich simultaneously, but the CollectA figures suddenly disappeared.
Back that time I didn't collect modern animals, only dinosaurs.

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm happy as a cow in the spring! Our local hardware/farm store (which is everywhere in Finland) has got rights to sell......Breyer! Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers Saw the first add today! How awesome is that! Very Happy bounce bounce Very Happy Will go and check it out tomorrow Very Happy

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

Country/State : USΔ ~ Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Safari Ltd, Geoworld, Papo, Mojofun, Collecta, Schelich, Bullyland, Breyer, China Brands, Replica Toy Fish Company.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]-QM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by QuollMate on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aviationnation.wix.com/blog
Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Schleich and a teeny tiny bit of Papo.
I wish it sold CollectA...

Papo: 12
Safari: 13
Mojo fun: 4
Playmobil: 49
Other: 11
~
schleich count: 469
~
Total: 586

Colelction Archiving Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: seemeinshadows
Back to top Go down
http://deanosexual.tumblr.com
GiselleGazelle

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:29 pm

There used to be a shop where I live just minutes away of a walk where you could find a variety of Papo figures. Including the dinosaurs and wildlife. Unfortunately it has since closed. Very disappointing since I now have to go out of town to find them. Sad Locally, the only brands available are Schleich. But at least with a good variety. I have never seen any Safari Ltd wildlife in person and I once saw some CollectA figures at Toys R Us in a box, but have never seen them again. Bullyland can be found by going out of town from Swansea to Cardiff but it's just cartoon characters, no wildlife or dinosaurs which is what I look for. Breyer can also be found in a disappointingly low number in Cardiff as well. Apart from Schleich and the occasional Papo model dinossur (unless it's retired) I buy everything online. I once went to the Utterly Horses Hullabaloo in Newmarket, Suffolk which I had an amazing time and brought back a massive haul of Breyers.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Moscow, Russia
Schleich: very big choice in two shops and almost all in Internet-shops. Schleich is EVERYWHERE in Russia!
Papo: the same shops that I can find Schleich, not big choice, but we have two internet-shops with almost all.
Mojö: I have one shop near my home. Not big choice, bad quality (scratches, broken ears), but we have, I think, half of them in internet-shop.
Collecta: big amount of wildlife, antelops, but there are no new horses.
Safari: I have one shop near my home, but there is no big choice.
Bullyland: only internet-shops, I don't know how much. I'm not interested.
Many-many chinese brands, including Nayab.
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Bit rural here, within a 35 minute drive, I know of by personal experience:
Schleich (by far easiest to find) Toys R Us, Meijer, Rural King, Tractor Supply Co....
Terra by Battat at Target
Safari Ltd at Michaels
Mojo, Safari Ltd, Papo at Hobby Lobby

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:14 pm

JoAnn's and Michael's have some Safari, my closest Walmart has an entire 4 foot section with Schleich- none of the others I go in have that, and it's considered the ghetto Walmart. scratch Target's is nearby, though I don't often go there- you say that's Battat? Same with Toys R Us. Hobby Lobby is about 20 miles away as is Tractor Supply, so I don't know their brands- though I've gotten Breyers at the TS. A nearby high end tack shop has lots of Breyers and some Peter Stones. There is a nearby high end shopping area that has a toy store with models, I've been and drooled at them but don't remember the brand. A nearby flea market has a Safari vendor. I'm 50 miles from Disney, Sea World and Universal for the character stuff. Beyond that, there's the cheap kid's toys Chinese stuff and whatever comes up used.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:09 pm

JoAnn's and Michael's have some Safari, my closest Walmart has an entire 4 foot section with Schleich- none of the others I go in have that, and it's considered the ghetto Walmart. scratch Target's is nearby, though I don't often go there- you say that's Battat?  Same with Toys R Us. Hobby Lobby is about 20 miles away as is Tractor Supply, so I don't know their brands- though I've gotten Breyers at the TS. A nearby high end tack shop has lots of Breyers and some Peter Stones.  There is a nearby high end shopping area that has a toy store with models, I've been and drooled at them but don't remember the brand. A nearby flea market has a Safari vendor. I'm 50 miles from Disney, Sea World and Universal for the character stuff. Beyond that, there's the cheap kid's toys Chinese stuff and whatever comes up used.
By the way, I need something from Battat figurines Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:03 am

Do you want me to look for something for you? I don't mind buying and shipping internationally, if you don't mind paying for it. International shipping can be HORRIBLE! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Do you want me to look for something for you? I don't mind buying and shipping internationally, if you don't mind paying for it. International shipping can be HORRIBLE! Laughing
Yes, I know Very Happy Can you look for me the Battat wolf? Don't buy it now, maybe I won't able to pay them, I need to reestablish my money reserve after wolf's winter Very Happy And try to know how much shipping cost is, please Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Country/State : USA /// Pacific Northwest

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:46 am

Schleich: lots of stores and most feed shops
Safari Ltd: Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann (Toobs only), Michaels (best selection)
Papo: Hobby Lobby (very few), and possibly a toy store 70 miles from me
Mojo Fun: Hobby Lobby (few)
CollectA: none
Terra by Battat: Target
Breyer: Tack shops, large feed stores

I can't wait to visit my favorite toy shops in Alaska next time I visit my family. I had no idea what wonderful selections they had until I moved away!

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Here in Leiden (the Netherlands) there is one shop which sells Schleich-S and another which sells Schleich-S and Papo (and some of the minis by Safari Ltd.) (and ofcourse we have some big toy stores which sell Schleich-S, but I never go there because all these children mutilate all those poor animals and I can't watch it D': )
I know some zoos sell CollectA (for instance Artis in Amsterdam and Blijdorp in Rotterdam).

That's it for me ):

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:04 am

Having just recently come back from Washington D. C.,I can tell you what was in the gift shop at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History:
Safari Ltd. Carnegie Collection Stegosaurus,now out of production.
CollectA 1:15 scale Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops
Geo World "Jurassic Action" articulated Tyrannosaurus
Dinostoreus 1:35 Tyrannosaurus desktop model,as well as T. rex skull and skeleton models.
Papo wild animals of many kinds (hippo and calf,lion and lioness from around 2006 or so,ect.) Very Happy

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 am

In Dresden i can find some Nayabs and many many Schleich, in my toyshop in my near i can order Bullyland, Safari and Papo too
And Tiptoi :)

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 pm

Schleich are every where in Britain - Toys R Us and a local toy shop 4 miles from where I live.

Other plastic animals to be found are “Johny No-names” - ones made in China by an unidentified maker.

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue May 19, 2015 12:02 am

Only Schleich and "made in china" in ireland. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Tue May 19, 2015 7:56 am

Only Schleich and "made in china" in ireland. Crying or Very sad
Made in china could also be interesting :)

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:22 am

For me it's Safari, Schelich, Papo, some Carnegie, and Battat at Target

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Today at 7:54 am

Back to top Go down

Which brands can you find locally?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next