Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Custom Horses by Creations By Mit

Go down 
+20
boba_jagoda
HKHollinstone
Robert
kudu11
koniminiatures
Saarlooswolfhound
Sassyscribbler
LeeAnn
Ana
sadie3112
christinavanderschouw
Kikimalou
Roger
Shanti
Wilorvise
widukind
SUSANNE
A-J
Fisva
ulinuk
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Sassyscribbler wrote:

LeeAnn were you at NAN in Harrisburg in 2013? Perhaps our paths have already crossed? It was my very first time at the nationals and I have to say, that Saturday was one of the most memorable days of my life! :)

Unfortunately not, I wasn't really showing at that time which is a shame because Harrisburg is only about an hour from me. Sad Darn! I'm crossing my fingers it comes back soon, maybe Nikki will suggest it again?

Sassyscribbler

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:10 pm

I have been live showing since 2003 (well, if you don't count a few I went to back in 1987) & Harrisburg was my first time ever attending NAN. It was amazing to finally be able to test my work against the best! (I did very well, too!!!) It was the first time it has ever been held farther east than Kentucky. I am working on a bunch of small models to qualify for 2015, because I am hoping to go to Palm Springs for my 2nd NAN. The larger models are just too difficult to transport. The same year as Harrisburg, there was a bid put in for Providence, RI. It would be nice if it was held in the east again, but it caused a big stink with the people on the west coast who consider Kentucky to be east.

Check out my work on...

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instagram: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:26 pm

I really want to go to a NAN drunken I plan on attending BF 2015, too bad that's not a NAN year! I have several horses NANed right now and I'm excited to show them at a NAN, it's hard enough getting a horse to place in Region 9 let alone NAN so that would be interesting for me. Very Happy

Minis are the best! I bought four huge tubs full of trad. OFs to a show last weekend. Laughing All of my minis fit in one tiny tub! I have a friend that holds a series of shows in Bloomsburg. Last year she did a minis-only show, I hope she does that again!

Sassyscribbler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:04 pm

There's always NAN 2016! :)

Check out my work on...

Back to top Go down
Sassyscribbler

Sassyscribbler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:06 pm

This is a Breyer model I customized and sold on Ebay in 2009. This is probably the only one I've sold that I regret letting go. Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Very nice again! Blue ribbons colour fit very nicely to this shade of chestnut Very Happy I like the eyes too. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Wow! Really yummy color and I like the blue with this color as Anna mentioned. I love this mold I love you

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Absolutely stunning figures, and great work!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Beautiful horse! I know the feeling... But this handsome guy is somewhere in this world and the owner is happy for sure Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 9:46 pm

About daphne ' She really is very very very beautifull Very Happy
Cant stop looking at the dapples and that pose is striking Applause
I like that lock also makes her a bit lady like I love you

About the one you let go... You can make antoher one ?
And maybe a better one in his/her place Wink

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Good to see more horse modellers wandering in - and definitely, do continue to show resins and Breyers too; there are many who'd love to see. You're creating some really beautiful tones, I think - I enjoy seeing a "plain" bay or chestnut base being paid proper attention to in terms of shading and hues. Managing that on pastels and pigments alone is, I think, a feat in itself. Laughing

The chestnut Shire mold you posted is a fine example of how good use of tones (and contrasts - I agree with Anna about the ribbons) will make even a simple colour shine - and can do much to improve a troubled mold. The resulting model looks very appealing indeed.

kudu11

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 7:39 am

Wonderful customs I cannot wait to see more of your work. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:24 am

I know nearly nothing about horses, I don't collect them and I have no intelligent things to tell... But you can be sure I am looking at your topic day after day and I enjoy to do so cheers
Back to top Go down
Sassyscribbler

Sassyscribbler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you all for the kind words!!
I DO like making the "boring" colors a little more special, Lea! Thank you for noticing! Bay is my favorite color to replicate, as you probably can tell!!

I did try something different with this "Fred" resin sculpted by Josine Vingerling from the Netherlands. He is a little bit bigger than a Breyer Stablemate (so still quite small). I found some wonderful reference photos of a beautiful gypsy cob and had to try the color! Hope you like him!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:26 pm

WOW! I love him! cheers Did you paint a Ginger too?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:31 pm

GORGEOUS cheers

There is one thing that I especially notice on your models, - the muzzle ( is muzzle the right word ?The nose and mouth ? ) .

They look so soft and alive, I want to strok them Very Happy

Sassyscribbler

Sassyscribbler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Thank you, Susanne & LeeAnn! I really tried to push myself with this paint job.

I have a Ginger, too, but have not finished her yet. She came with a big air bubble in her muzzle, so she required some resculpting. I do not consider myself a sculptor (at ALL!) but I am very pleased with how her new muzzle came out, and actually like it better than the original. I think it gives her more personality. But we shall see! I am hoping you will want to stroke hers, too, when she is completed, Suzanne! Then I will know I did a good job on it!! Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 5:02 pm

What color are you thinking of on Ginger? Very Happy

Sassyscribbler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm not sure. Right now I'm wavering between dappled grey, and dappled liver chestnut/flaxen.....

Check out my work on...

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 5:18 pm

I'd love her in a dapple grey! Maybe with a bald face and blue eyes? And high whites?

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Beautiful horses and great work! Applause
Back to top Go down
Sassyscribbler

Sassyscribbler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Thank you, Robert! :)

Check out my work on...

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Hard to believe that this horse is so small! Shocked It is wonderful! Very Happy

Sassyscribbler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 3:46 am

Thank you, Roger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:03 am

Beautiful, the breyer custom is such a yummy colouring, love the detail.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Horses by Creations By Mit   Custom Horses by Creations By Mit - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Horses by Creations By Mit
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next