Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:29 am

Here is my latest proboscidean figure from Mountain's Animal Studio, sculpted by Feng Shan Lu.  
It is a 1:20 scale model of a bull Columbian mammoth.  I provided reference material and feedback regarding anatomy for Mr. Lu during production.
The sculpting is very nice with good anatomy and an active pose.

The model is the largest in my collection measuring 13 x 24 inches and weighs 10 lbs (4.5 kg)!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich Indian elephant for size comparison
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:49 am

Wow! Big congrats!

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:41 am

Big congratulation Very Happy  It is absolutely magnificent Applause Applause Applause

When I first saw it on FB, I thought "Andrew will show it on STS soon or later". I'm very happy for you cheers

Could you show some pics with your own models ?

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:29 am

Such an impressive sculpture (and heavy!), the detail is exceptional, I love the fourth photo down.  And quite something that you had a part in the making of it.  Congratulations Andrew!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:57 am

Big congratulations,  it is a very very special figure!!

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:04 am

Wow, now, this is impressive and amazing sculpture!!!! Incredibly impressive. Fantastic addition to your collection Applause Applause Applause
Big congratulations for getting it and how fantastic that you helped with your feedback and reference pictures. I would like to find right words but the only word I have now in my head is WOW Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:22 am

STUNNING model ! WOW ! affraid cheers

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:00 am

The finest proboscidean I've ever come across, it must be. Very impressive. I've no chance at purchasing models currently, but just out of curiosity - would you mind pointing me in the right direction as to how would one go about ordering one? Do Mountain's Animal Studio take orders via their Facebook page, or..?

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 am

It's huge! Very outstanding figure Applause congregations!

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:11 am

Thank you LeeAnn, Harriet, Andreas, Anna, Susanne, and Jonas for your comments.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The finest proboscidean I've ever come across, it must be. Very impressive. I've no chance at purchasing models currently, but just out of curiosity - would you mind pointing me in the right direction as to how would one go about ordering one? Do Mountain's Animal Studio take orders via their Facebook page, or..?

Yes, I contact the sculptor through Facebook and he sends a PayPal invoice to setup an order.  I've ordered three separate times and each came promptly. He also has an eBay page which occasionally has his latest models for sale (nothing at the moment).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Big congratulation Very Happy  It is absolutely magnificent Applause Applause Applause

When I first saw it on FB, I thought "Andrew will show it on STS soon or later". I'm very happy for you cheers

Could you show some pics with your own models ?

Thanks Christophe, here is the requested image with my own sculpted models, all in 1:22 scale.

Last edited by elephas_maximus on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Thank you very much for the info! Perhaps one day I'll be able to order.

That picture with your models is quite amazing! They don't pale at all before their large cousin. In fact, I'm sorely tempted by that Asian bull every time I clap eyes on it... They're really lovely models!

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
johnmq999

Country/State : china

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Fantastic work!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Oh wow! What a beautiful group photo.
Your models look wonderful and the Mammoth surely is very impressive.
Not only in size....
5 kg! Shocked

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Nice collombian,,he's great

PostSubject: Re: Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model   Today at 3:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Mountain's Animal Studio: Columbian Mammoth model
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1