Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review

Go down 
+7
Bonobo
Ana
LeeAnn
JonasV
SUSANNE
widukind
Dennis Nedry
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dennis Nedry

Dennis Nedry

Country/State : USA/Ohio

Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review Empty
PostSubject: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:18 pm

The Shire Foal is an excellent horse to add to any animal and/or horse collection. The coloration and shading really bring out the very nicely textured coat. My daughter loves it, and that is the biggest review for me  Smile Everything about this toy figurine is detailed, from the mane to the tail and that is nice for one of the smaller figurines. The dark shading along the back and on the thicker area of the coat really give the replica an clear visual sense of realism. The detailed hairs on the inside of the forward perked ears impresses me, as well as the intricately molded hooves. The muscles are thorough, and really catch the light and shadow where it counts.

Now that we have the Shire Foal, I intend to get and review the rest of the Shire Horses.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Dennis Nedry on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Length & Grammer)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:06 am

Welcome here:),  it is a nice foal :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:40 am

Hello, Dennis and wellcome here sunny

I agree 100% . This foal is a masterpiece ! cheers
I remember my total delight what I saw it first.

How great that you remind us of it, - and yesterday, Emma's Mom bought [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for herself Very Happy

Here at The Forum the mare has almost become an institution , called "Princess" , because of the pink ribbons. But she, too is a nice model, as we see in repaints .

Thankyou very much for the great video  Applause  Applause

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:41 am

Welcome to STS! Very Happy

That what you said about the foal is absolutely true! That model is a very good one form Schleich even though some of the same year aren't... I wish you'll have a great time here sunny

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dennis Nedry

Dennis Nedry

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:21 am

Thank you all for the warm welcomes Smile
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Welcome here! It's interesting to read opinions of other collectors. Very Happy

I do agree the sculpt is very good, one of the best, if not the best current Schleich sculpt out there. However, of course, paintwork is not the best, it's a nice model for customizing. flower

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 2:34 pm

I too like this foal, I must buy it one day Smile

Welcome on forum and thank you for nice review! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Please Roger, could you make the category "Reviews" for each major brands like the walkarounds or the addittions Smile
I relly love thie idea with the walkarounds Very Happy Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Thank you for the review Dennis Very Happy I hope it is only a beginning Wink Welcome in our jungle cheers

Bonobo wrote:
Please Roger, could you make the category "Reviews" for each major brands like the walkarounds or the addittions Smile
I relly love thie idea with the walkarounds Very Happy Applause

Too much categories kill categories... So, I changed the title of the section: It is now "walkarounds and reviews" Wink .
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Too much categories kill categories... So, I changed the title of the section: It is now "walkarounds and reviews" Wink .

Yes, that should be better Very Happy Thanks cheers

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Welcome here Dennis cheers

Great to hear your opinion on the lil' horse. She is a very lovely model, and I'll ofcourse look very much forward to see reviews of the other Shires - especially - Princess Wink bounce

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Bonobo wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Yes, that should be better Very Happy Thanks cheers

Great idea cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 11:37 pm

I find it lovely from your Mom. I think you should support her with her new horse, who knows she wants to collect or to show you that she supports your collecting hobby. Very Happy
I teached already many senior people using computers and some of them use it often and my younger sister, much younger than I am. Is not even interested in learning. So, I think it is a good idea to start teaching her, with love and patience, and if she is motivated, she will soon learn using it and control all your Internet activity! Laughing

Dennis Nedry

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 am

Actually I got this horse for my daughter Very Happy There should be two CollectA horses coming in tomorrow in the mail, I hope to get those on the forum this weekend.
Back to top Go down
googie212

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Nice foal!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review   Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich® Shire Foal (2013) Review
Page 1 of 1