Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5

Go down 
+21
Kikimalou
signatus
Saarlooswolfhound
Robert
SpiralStrix
HKHollinstone
JonasV
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
Roger
NandO
MiniZoo
NightLioness
lucky luke
skysthelimit
Ana
widukind
LeeAnn
Fisva
A-J
pm64
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 Empty
PostSubject: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:31 pm

So, I've thought that my style is not working with mammals at all, and then I've thought that it actually might work with owls. I've chosen three species that I'm going to sculpt. First one is Dusky Eagle Owl, an Asian species that is quite common.

Here are some pictures:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It will be more or less the size of Schleich European Eagle Owl:

Last edited by Fisva on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Agata, what an amazing idea for a project! This species is really wonderful!!! What a colour and what a softness of feather! cheers I think I will be interested in purchasing one if you make a copies, I'm quite crazy about owls, my favourite group of birds cat

I always wanted to sculpt Great Great owl, my favourite species of owls, but somehow I find sculpting mammals easier yet Laughing Maybe I try this year though.

Don't ever say your style doesn't fit with mammals, you have made many lovely mammals and I hope you will continue sunny

This projects is really exciting, I'm so much looking forward to see next steps Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Great idea! I'm excited to see the finished piece Very Happy

I don't know what you're talking about your style not working with mammals, they're all fantastic!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Agata ! Your mammals are SO wonderful !!!! How can you say they are not Sad

But I am sure that your owl will be gorgeous too bounce cheers

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Thank you very much gals! What I meant is that my sculptures are not very realistic, and now I want to match my style with species! sunny The decision about the birds was also made because I've thought that when I make copies, there will be no parts that might break easily :)

Ana wrote:
Agata, what an amazing idea for a project! This species is really wonderful!!! What a colour and what a softness of feather! cheers I think I will be interested in purchasing one if you make a copies, I'm quite crazy about owls, my favourite group of birds cat

I always wanted to sculpt Great Great owl, my favourite species of owls, but somehow I find sculpting mammals easier yet Laughing Maybe I try this year though.

Don't ever say your style doesn't fit with mammals, you have made many lovely  mammals and I hope you will continue sunny

This projects is really exciting, I'm so much looking forward to see next steps Very Happy

Haha, Anna, I also love owls! There are no other birds that I would adore more. I am also planning to make Greater Scooty Owl and Spotted Wood Owl, but maybe I should make Great Gray Owl as well? Anyway, I will make copies for sure! bounce

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Very exciting! Owls are such statuesque birds- I'll look forward to seeing the eyes, and the vertical streaks down the front. There can never be too many STS birds or owls.

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:58 pm

wow this one looks very interesting... cyclops Very nice choice!
I'll wait curiously what you're gonna show us then Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:39 pm

A very interesting specie!! Cant wait to see finish :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Very interesting!! Very Happy

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Dear Agata,

nice project and you will succeed with it I m sure but.....as Ana has said..pls never say that you style does not work with mammals No : I think they are fantastic and you are incredibly good in creating them ! I hope, like all the other members of this forum, I m sure , to see new mammal projects coming...you ve got a personal style that I like so much and I m not the only one ! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:29 pm

pm64 wrote:
Dear Agata,

nice project and you will succeed with it I m sure but.....as Ana has said..pls never say that you style does not work with mammals No : I think they are fantastic and you are incredibly good in creating them ! I hope, like all the other members of this forum, I m sure , to see new mammal projects coming...you ve got a personal style that I like so much and I m not the only one ! Applause Applause

Hear ! Hear ! cheers

I adore your mammals too drunken Applause bounce

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
pm64 wrote:
Dear Agata,

Hear ! Hear ! cheers

I adore your mammals too drunken Applause bounce

I have to second it. Although I am in a huge excitment about your owls project. You know I am one among several fans of your projects, I have a big Agataland collection that I adore and now you're saying that?! Shocked Well, the problem is not you're being unfair with me but with yourself. flower
Back to subject, fantastic species choice! bounce

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:12 am

Great idea Agata Applause I can't wait to see this Dusky and I'm sure it will be at least as good as your so nice mammal models 2014-11-06 drunken
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the results of this project! I think you should always sculpt what inspires you at the time and if you need a break from mammals to do something fresh & different then go for it. cheers Having said that your mammals are great anyway!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you very much my dear friends for your encouragement! I'm very happy that you like my super cute sculptures Very Happy  I love you  I love you  I love you

Ok, here's what I've done so far. The owls looks like a chicken now Very Happy I will make more next week because this weekend I have classes at my university  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Classes during the weekend Shocked
Anyway, the owl looks very promising! I'm looking foreward to see more Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Haha he's looking quite cute right now Laughing

Hope your classes went well ; )

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Congratulations Agata Very Happy Applause cheers
I love your creations, mammals, and your birds are fantastic !! bounce drunken
Sometimes it is brave to venture into areas where we are not specialized animals, which we already enjoy oneself!
Syle that is not common or personalized, Cella is unique to each !!
It must launch défits to move !!!
Some big brand out of - alien - every year, but mistakes are moving forward, yet they work in teams and sometimes the result is not up to the expectations !!!!!!!!!
Agata I'm already a fan of your owls, I can not wait to see it finished and painted. bounce sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Fisva wrote:
Thank you very much gals! What I meant is that my sculptures are not very realistic, and now I want to match my style with species!  sunny The decision about the birds was also made because I've thought that when I make copies, there will be no parts that might break easily :)

Ana wrote:

Don't ever say your style doesn't fit with mammals, you have made many lovely  mammals and I hope you will continue sunny

Haha, Anna, I also love owls! There are no other birds that I would adore more. I am also planning to make Greater Scooty Owl and Spotted Wood Owl, but maybe I should make Great Gray Owl as well? Anyway, I will make copies for sure! bounce

Great to know you are also owls' fan Agata!!! cheers cheers I find your ideas excellent. Wow Greater Scooty Owl and Spotted Wood Owl are very amazing!!! If you like of course make also the Great Grey Owl, my advice is choose always the ones that you love most and that are most interesting to you Very Happy Then also the sculptures are usually the most appealing cheers

Your sculpture looks great so far, I think it will be beautiful when you finish Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Thank you so much my dear friends! The classes were boring as always Evil or Very Mad I only kept thinking that an owl is waiting for me at home... I will start to make the owl's face tomorrow, right after horse riding! bounce

Fisva

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Ok, I have left that terrible Fimo Soft which I just can't deal with, and I have stayed with my Fimo Air Light. I've made the body once again and started to work on face :)

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:28 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Fisva

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Ok, I think the owl is ready. It still needs to be painted but I want to make some copies first :)

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 1:59 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Looking great! And it has so good wings! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5   Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Agataland owls project - Spotted Wood Owl finished p.5
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next