Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

A Starlux mystery... any further info?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

A Starlux mystery... any further info? Empty
PostSubject: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 2:00 am

I received from DutchBear a fox that looks exactly like Starlux one but in a color that I have never seen before. Size is the same, both weigh 5g, material looks the same, however the mould looks like an mold at the end of its life. I have checked some other Starlux foxes from other collectors and all look like the left one that I received from Susanne. What could it be the right one? scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:07 am

scratch scratch scratch  study study study  confused

I don't know Rogério, it's the first time I see such a fox. Is it hard plastic ? Embarassed You already answered...

smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 6:47 am

I'd say it's a resin home-cast, it's slightly bigger all round and smoother in sculpting yet with a grainy/bitty texture all over. That would suggest someone has taken a mould off of an original?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks for your replies. Very Happy It doesn't look a resin figure once I can see seams, it is almost surely hard plasticSeams are identical in both figures what show that parts were assembled alike. Maybe it confirms that it is a Starlux figure definitively?
. The only difference I can tell is the less textured surfaces. Maybe it is only a home repaint that removed the texture because of the extra layer of paint. Though, it also doesn't look repainted at all! Laughing Was there any later set or series where they reused the mold with a different painting? Well, I have a Starlux mistery indeed. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Hurray for mysteries cheers

They are both beautyful Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Congrats Roger, hope someone will have the answer.
The pose of the foxes is very playful, I like it ^^

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 4:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hurray for mysteries cheers

They are both beautyful Very Happy
I agree :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Thanks everyone, I also find them very playful, like the owner is sending a ball and foxes are ready to get it. Laughing
I hope some additional information can be found but until better information, I'll keep it as a Starlux variation. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 11:46 pm

I used a better scale and figured that in fact foxes have different weights, enough to conclude that unlikely it is just a painting variation.
Original Starlux is 5,4 g and misterious fox is 4,2 g, 25% lighter than the original. Also, I searched in an exaustive way for Starlux foxes and I am not able of finding any other looking like the misterious one. scratch
Some examples:

Susanne's

Thierry's

Kiki's picture

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 8:07 am

and mine too!

(I just got it recently and am too pleased not to share. I've been wanting this model for a long long time.)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
and mine too!

(I just got it recently and am too pleased not to share. I've been wanting this model for a long long time.)

CONGRATIOLATIONS, Scott cheers
For lovers of Starlux, this is a must-have , - IMHO Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Scott, thanks for sharing picture of yours. It is really a special Starlux figure... full oof joy! Congratulations! Very Happy I just hope someday to have the luck of getting the fennec! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Starlux mystery... any further info?   A Starlux mystery... any further info? Empty

Back to top Go down

A Starlux mystery... any further info?
Page 1 of 1