Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 pm

exclamation 88715 SMILODON
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
exclamation 88723 DAEODON

Last edited by LukaLeon085 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:11 pm

I like daeodon, nice pose and colouring Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:31 pm

They look fantastic! Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Daeodon looks exagerated more in accordance with pop culture, though, I love pose and legs. pig Smilodon looks a Percheron! Laughing Nice figure however. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Stunning beasts!

Back to top Go down
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Amazing !
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:57 pm

I love the Daeodon. As for the Smilodon, I think its a vast improvement on the silly looking one
CollectA previously did, but still not nearly as accurate as Mojo Fun's Smilodon by any means.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:04 pm

I like Daeodon very much. Seems a very good model for that picture and the another one posted. Texture is good. Maybe I have prefer with a closed mouth (why a lot of prehistoric models appears so many times with the mouth opened?- no answer necessary, all of us know it Rolling Eyes )
Smilodon is like a big bobcat. I will need more pictures Very Happy

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like Daeodon very much. Seems a very good model for that picture and the another one posted. Texture is good. Maybe I have prefer with a closed mouth (why a lot of prehistoric models appears so many times with the mouth opened?- no answer necessary, all of us know it Rolling Eyes )

I agree Joan. A Bobcat's markings look just like that.  I still don't understand the great need to make Smilodon's coat with markings, when they haven't a clue if it had markings at all.  I think its a much safer bet to keep the coat just plain tan.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Interesting :)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:30 pm

I agree Joan. A Bobcat's markings look just like that.   I still don't understand the great need to make Smilodon's coat with markings, when they haven't a clue if it had markings at all.  I think its a much safer bet to keep the coat just plain tan.

I agree it looks like a Lynx/bobcat, just supersized and with much much larger teeth.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Overall, this new CollectA Smilodon is a decent casting. Its certainly one of the better Smilodonts from a mainstream toy company.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:42 pm

The Daedon looks wonderful.
He's got happy feet!
I can imagine him doing some dancing steps while singing a Sinatra song. Laughing
I do hope he will not be too big for my collection, being Deluxe and all.

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Excellent cheers cheers cheers I love you

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Both look very interesting,like the Smilodon a lot!!

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 pm

I like this Smilodon figure because of his cat-like (not bear-like) character.

Regarding the marking - there were more species with *probably* diferent coat, see:

This CollectA figure is similar to S. fatalis (the larger S. populator has *probably* more lion-like coat).
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:04 pm

I like this Smilodon figure because of his cat-like (not bear-like) character.

Regarding the marking - there were more species with *probably* diferent coat, see:

This CollectA figure is similar to S. fatalis (the larger S. populator has *probably* more lion-like coat).

I think its a safer bet to make Smilodon Fatalis without markings of any kind.  There are many paleontologists that do not agree with the spot or stripe theory for Smilodon Fatalis. This is something that nobody will ever be completely certain on.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm very happy to watch these two models, I guess I will find a place for them at home Very Happy

Daeodon looks exagerated more in accordance with pop culture, though, I love pose and legs. pig Smilodon looks a Percheron! Laughing Nice figure however. Very Happy

We are often on the same mood Rogério but in this case I don't think this daedon is exaggerated. It is of course different from the Mojo one but I think both are true to the skeleton. Very Happy And I like the pose Wink

I agree Joan. A Bobcat's markings look just like that.   I still don't understand the great need to make Smilodon's coat with markings, when they haven't a clue if it had markings at all.  I think its a much safer bet to keep the coat just plain tan.

Of course marking or not is a matter of taste and we will probably never know the truth, unless we find an Ice preserved fossil. Nevertheless most of the Feliformians are marked, unmarked ones like lion or puma are the exception. Even young lions are marked... Wink

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:03 pm

WOW WOW
Must have for me. They look great. The miocene grows and the pleistocene too. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:18 am

I like both figures. Very Happy But it would be nice if some brand has made a smilodon with his mouth closed, I think the appearance of the head would be more harmonious and interesting.

Anyway I think I'll get both. Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:09 am

Those are also a must have too!!!
Back to top Go down
pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:53 am

I love them both drunken ...more space needed in my shelves! cheers
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:46 pm

these two are a must have

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:28 am

Of course marking or not is a matter of taste and we will probably never know the truth, unless we find an Ice preserved fossil. Nevertheless most of the Feliformians are  marked, unmarked ones like lion or puma are the exception. Even young lions are marked... Wink

Christophe, you captured exactly my thoughts. I don't have a problem (in principle) with companies making markings on the Smilodon. I quite like the markings on this CollectA model.

I do think a model with a closed mouth would be wonderful though. But I'll certainly be getting this CollectA Smilodon.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:53 am

Scott... I agree with you Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   Today at 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next