Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.

Go down 
+19
Kikimalou
scot(t)
STORMnl
pm64
MARTINLATIN
signatus
Tupolew Tu-154
jarda
Taos
Saien
Bloodrayne
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Joan Milelire
Robert
donny ong
LeeAnn
Ana
LukaLeon085
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. Empty
PostSubject: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 pm

exclamation 88715 SMILODON
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
exclamation 88723 DAEODON
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by LukaLeon085 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:11 pm

I like daeodon, nice pose and colouring Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:31 pm

They look fantastic! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Daeodon looks exagerated more in accordance with pop culture, though, I love pose and legs. pig Smilodon looks a Percheron! Laughing Nice figure however. Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Stunning beasts!

Back to top Go down
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Amazing !
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:57 pm

I love the Daeodon.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:04 pm

I like Daeodon very much. Seems a very good model for that picture and the another one posted. Texture is good. Maybe I have prefer with a closed mouth (why a lot of prehistoric models appears so many times with the mouth opened?- no answer necessary, all of us know it Rolling Eyes )
Smilodon is like a big bobcat. I will need more pictures Very Happy

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Joan Milelire wrote:
I like Daeodon very much. Seems a very good model for that picture and the another one posted. Texture is good. Maybe I have prefer with a closed mouth (why a lot of prehistoric models appears so many times with the mouth opened?- no answer necessary, all of us know it Rolling Eyes )

I agree Joan. A Bobcat's markings look just like that.  I still don't understand the great need to make Smilodon's coat with markings, when they haven't a clue if it had markings at all.  I think its a much safer bet to keep the coat just plain tan.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:30 pm

smilodoncalifornicus wrote:
Joan Milelire wrote:

I agree Joan. A Bobcat's markings look just like that.   I still don't understand the great need to make Smilodon's coat with markings, when they haven't a clue if it had markings at all.  I think its a much safer bet to keep the coat just plain tan.

I agree it looks like a Lynx/bobcat, just supersized and with much much larger teeth.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:40 pm

I’m not a fan of this newer 2015 Collecta Smilodon. It’s head sculpt does not look cat-like to me at all. It’s also not bulky enough and has a neck that is so short that it is has no separation from its shoulders.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:42 pm

The Daedon looks wonderful.
He's got happy feet!
I can imagine him doing some dancing steps while singing a Sinatra song. Laughing
I do hope he will not be too big for my collection, being Deluxe and all.

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Excellent cheers cheers cheers I love you

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Both look very interesting,like the Smilodon a lot!!

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 pm

I like this Smilodon figure because of his cat-like (not bear-like) character.

Regarding the marking - there were more species with *probably* diferent coat, see:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This CollectA figure is similar to S. fatalis (the larger S. populator has *probably* more lion-like coat).
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:04 pm

jarda wrote:
I like this Smilodon figure because of his cat-like (not bear-like) character.

Regarding the marking - there were more species with *probably* diferent coat, see:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This CollectA figure is similar to S. fatalis (the larger S. populator has *probably* more lion-like coat).

I think its a safer bet to make Smilodon Fatalis without markings of any kind.  There are many paleontologists that do not agree with the spot or stripe theory for Smilodon Fatalis. This is something that nobody will ever be completely certain on.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm very happy to watch these two models, I guess I will find a place for them at home Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Daeodon looks exagerated more in accordance with pop culture, though, I love pose and legs. pig Smilodon looks a Percheron! Laughing Nice figure however. Very Happy

We are often on the same mood Rogério but in this case I don't think this daedon is exaggerated. It is of course different from the Mojo one but I think both are true to the skeleton. Very Happy And I like the pose Wink

Joan Milelire wrote:

I agree Joan. A Bobcat's markings look just like that.   I still don't understand the great need to make Smilodon's coat with markings, when they haven't a clue if it had markings at all.  I think its a much safer bet to keep the coat just plain tan.

Of course marking or not is a matter of taste and we will probably never know the truth, unless we find an Ice preserved fossil. Nevertheless most of the Feliformians are marked, unmarked ones like lion or puma are the exception. Even young lions are marked... Wink
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 11:03 pm

WOW WOW
Must have for me. They look great. The miocene grows and the pleistocene too. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:18 am

I like both figures. Very Happy But it would be nice if some brand has made a smilodon with his mouth closed, I think the appearance of the head would be more harmonious and interesting.

Anyway I think I'll get both. Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:09 am

Those are also a must have too!!!
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:53 am

I love them both drunken ...more space needed in my shelves! cheers
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:46 pm

these two are a must have

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:28 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Joan Milelire wrote:

Of course marking or not is a matter of taste and we will probably never know the truth, unless we find an Ice preserved fossil. Nevertheless most of the Feliformians are  marked, unmarked ones like lion or puma are the exception. Even young lions are marked... Wink

Christophe, you captured exactly my thoughts. I don't have a problem (in principle) with companies making markings on the Smilodon. I quite like the markings on this CollectA model.

I do think a model with a closed mouth would be wonderful though. But I'll certainly be getting this CollectA Smilodon.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:53 am

Scott... I agree with you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.   COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON. Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2015: PREHISTORIC LIFE - SMILODON AND DAEODON.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next