Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer doubts - models and famous horses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
persefone

Country/State : Spain

Breyer doubts - models and famous horses Empty
PostSubject: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi again! I'm discovering Breyer world. There are some many models so I'm getting crazy Laughing

I have some doubts...

I was looking for models of famous horses. I just found two models of dressage horses, Salinero and Totilas. I also found the Salinero model has a version, with other painting, of Mistral Hojris, is it right? Also I thought Salinero was a regular and famous model I can't find some of them in sale, is it a rare model?

Are there any other famous dressage horse replica made by Breyer?

Other question. I have a friend who is interested in buying the replicas of famous TB. We found replicas of Black Caviar, Secretariat, Zenyatta, first Zenyatta foal, Northern Dancer, Frankel and Ruffian. Are there more than these? Where can we find a list?

Thank u!
Back to top Go down
Regy

Regy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:43 am

Try Identifyyourbreyer.com
it show you what molds have what ones them.

There are a lot of racehorses I collet them and TB Type ones.
Man O'war, Seabiscuit, War Admiral, Seattle Slew, Smarty Jones, Swaps, Pharlap, Cigar, Barbaro, Sunday Silence, Rags to Riches, Rachel Alexandra just to name a few.

breyers are made for a certain time then they get discontinued so you have to find them second hand sometimes people do want to sell so just keep an eye out :)

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:49 am

You beat me to it Wink

Regy

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:57 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
You beat me to it Wink
Laughing Great minds think alike lol
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:58 am

Laughing You're the one that collects the racehorses anyway, you know more about them than me cheers

Regy

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:02 am

:) yeah I know alittle lol, but not so much the dressage ones.
I don't think there is many Dressage famous horses on breyers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:09 am

No I don't think so. There is the Dressage Elegance set but that one is really expensive, and that's not a portrait either. I want the horse from that set so bad. Laughing Obviously there are others you can show in a dressage class but aren't portraits...

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 am

Thank u guys!!

But... some TB horses have the same mold, right? For example, I think Frankel and Secretariat are the same
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:08 am

I am very fascinated by Zenyatta drunken

Regy

Regy

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:14 am

persefone wrote:
Thank u guys!!

But... some TB horses have the same mold, right? For example, I think Frankel and Secretariat are the same

Yes just like Seattle Slew, Zenyatta and pharlap are on the same mold they are on my favourite mold which is The "Lonesome Glory" mold :)

One mold can have a lot of different paint jobs done on it like "Lonesome glory" or have hardly any done like "Bolya"

:)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:39 pm

persefone wrote:
Thank u guys!!

Yes, Identifyyourbreyer.com will show you all of the horses on a mold.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Thank u again

I took a look to identifyyourbreyer too, so useful :)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Also dangerous, let someone hide your wallet from you. Wink Laughing

Regy

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:39 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

oh Hell yeah lol, I did a wish list for Blab SS And there were models I looked at and went yeap bye bye money forever lol
Like when I started Congering the LG Mold and found out about Mosaic, Thrillseeker and Paparazzi aswell as super hard ones to get lol. that site drags you further and further into breyer collection lol
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:47 am

Tell me about it. You probably know I conga Bouncer - WHY do I pick the most expensive molds to conga!?! lol!

Regy

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:25 am

Haha So True Razz

Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:16 am

LeeAnn wrote:
No I don't think so. There is the Dressage Elegance set but that one is really expensive, and that's not a portrait either. I want the horse from that set so bad.  Laughing Obviously there are others you can show in a dressage class but aren't portraits...

LeeAnn,

Did you see the Dressage Elegance set on ebay with the ENORMOUS starting bid?  The seller wants $1250 for the set NIB!  Got a feeling no-one will bid on it!

As for other famous dressage horses, wasn't Flim Flam a dressage horse?  That one is on one of the older molds ... let me drag down my Breyer book .... Ah, Roemer.  There appears to be a few other USET horses on that mold and even a few on the Misty's Twilight mold.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 am

Yes, I saw that one! I sure hope no one bids on that, the seller is a little optimistic I think Laughing

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:25 am

LeeAnn wrote:

For me, the place to hide my wallet is Model Horse Sales Pages! I try VERY hard to avoid browsing the ads on MH$P but do follow links just to see what my friends and acquaintances are selling. That's how I ended up buying a 2014 BF store special - the silver filigree Misty. i followed a link posted on the Yahoo Breakables list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer doubts - models and famous horses   Breyer doubts - models and famous horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer doubts - models and famous horses
Page 1 of 1