Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lighting & Hanging Problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

Lighting & Hanging Problems Empty
PostSubject: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 2:57 am

I think this is where I'm supposed to post this.

I have a large collection of Schleich, retired and current.  Sometime last year, I made my own shelf to put all the current series I collected out for display.
I've already laid out the space for the new 2015 models and the 2014 ones I didn't buy this year.  My only problem is lighting.  Kind of hard to see in the corners and back, especially near the bottom.

Lighting & Hanging Problems 20141108_202908_zps2a938820

Is there a way to solve my light problems?

Thanks.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t11349-pokeyanyway-s-search-list

Last edited by pokeyanyway on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 am

I am also wondering about hanging the flying and swimming animals just to give me some extra space without causing much damage to the shelf.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t11349-pokeyanyway-s-search-list
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:36 am

Beautyful cabinet ! Is it antique ? :-D

About light, - perhaps you can find something among the christmas light stuff that is probably being availble very soon ?
It may also help if you put up some white/very light paper at the back, - using some of the sticky rubber-stuff, so you do not harm the cabinet ?

About making space, I thried this  Wink
I am sure there are many good solutions.

pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks. Does anyone know where I can get this stuff in the United States at?

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 am

This location is just fine Wink

I use those stick on lights that you click to turn on, I bought them at Bed Bath and Beyond, not sure if there are any of those in Kentucky? scratch

If you search Friendly Plastic lots of results turn up. Check here on Amazon. flower

For raising larger models or ones that look awkward as-is, I cut out 1inch x 1inch blocks in thick black foam board. My shelves are black, so I use the black foam board so it depends on what you like best as far as color goes. Black would probably be the best - you don't really see the risers anyway. Very Happy

pokeyanyway

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:11 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
This location is just fine Wink

I use those stick on lights that you click to turn on, I bought them at Bed Bath and Beyond, not sure if there are any of those in Kentucky? scratch

If you search Friendly Plastic lots of results turn up. Check here on Amazon. flower

For raising larger models or ones that look awkward as-is, I cut out 1inch x 1inch blocks in thick black foam board. My shelves are black, so I use the black foam board so it depends on what you like best as far as color goes. Black would probably be the best - you don't really see the risers anyway. Very Happy

Thanks.  We have a Bed Bath & Beyond a little less than an hour away from where I live.  I can't find any of the lights you are talking about on their website, just lamps and millions of Christmas lights.  What kind do you have?

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 8:04 am

I am very exited to see what you find out ! I have a rather dark cupbord, too Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:41 pm

This is what I have. There's only three in a pack so I have several sets, two lights per shelf. You'll probably need more, maybe three per shelf. Depends on what you want. Very Happy

pokeyanyway

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Thank you so much. I will probably buy some of them.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:49 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Happy to help Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Lighting & Hanging Problems   Lighting & Hanging Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Lighting & Hanging Problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: