Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

The new trees have arrived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: The new trees have arrived   Wed May 05, 2010 12:24 am

I now an really excited, the two new trees, a yellow acacia and a giant boabab tree have arrived along with 3 thorn bushes with foliage.

Here are the photos, and all I can say is they look better then I can do with my camara.
Here is the boabab, what a giant, the thing is huge, in fact it may be too big, which means a seperate dio with it as the center piece. It is such a beautiful tree, the texture of teh bark and the leaf structure is fantastic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is the yellow acacia, I love this tree, this is right now tied as my favorite with the shea tree.

Here is the shea tree, even though I have shown this, it is the new home for my leopard.

Here is the smaller thorn bushes

And finally the large thorn bushes.

I am not entirely sure where these things are going in the final setup, but I am moving along really well with the extension, laying the grass and red earth. I hope to be done by the end of summer so I can do my Asian diorama. My mini is being worked on as well, I put the first layer of water in the model today, the second set will be tomorrow, I guess the table isn't level because the water pooled on the left side, so I have to support it and lay the water down on the right tomorrow. I will post pics as soon as it is set.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   Wed May 05, 2010 2:29 am

They look amazing Phil. So detailed. Congratulations on getting such masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   Wed May 05, 2010 9:55 am

Congratulation Phil, they are really marvelous. Your dio will be so beautiful ! We are so far from the first pics Cool
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Congratulations Phil!! It's looks absolutely fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gast

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   Wed May 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Sir that is one cool baobab you have, is the tree of real wood? I'm planing on building a safari style diorama, with roads or a train track, i would prefer safari vehicles that could move thru the diorama, just like a real safari, but i have not being able to find anything online yet, so it might have to be a train. I purchased the Schleich baobab a while back, and was planing on getting a second one, but i hated the fact that they both would look the same, so i was thinking about leaving the green parts off the second, but your baobab is the most realistic tree i have ever seen, would you please let me know where you can get trees like this.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new trees have arrived   

Back to top Go down

The new trees have arrived
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1