Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)

Go down 
+21
sebillba
arafan
Ludichris1
Numa
MartinH
donny ong
Joan Milelire
Roger
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
JonasV
jarda
signatus
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
Ana
Duck-Anch-Amun
NightLioness
Bonobo
LeeAnn
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:39 am

Numaan, as you know, I agree with all you stated. Fortunately you are able of keeping your imput with the company and making them see which is the best way to make a unique and very educative collection. It is a fact that when you started, the range of common species was already filled, thus it was easier to introduce unusual species. Though, it is going farther then the best expectations what is making us very happy. Very Happy I don't know how it is commercially, but on forum the enthusiasm around the brand is evident. Very Happy

Bloodrayne wrote:
Roger wrote:

Simmone, great that you noticed that question. Actually all kiwis are native from New Zealand. I believe the S&N figure is a Southern brown kiwi (Apteryx australis) but I am not sure once species are not easy to identify. Very Happy

Thanks for sharing that Roger.
At least I was only half wrong for saying it was a New Zealand kiwi.
Just call me Captain Obvious. lol!

Laughing Captain Generous instead, you just wanted to help a member and that's the spirit of this forum. I was already several times an obvious person and I don't regret it. Very Happy

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 am

Roger wrote:
Numaan, as you know, I agree with all you stated. Fortunately you are able of keeping your imput with the company and making them see which is the best way to make a unique and very educative collection. It is a fact that when you started, the range of common species was already filled, thus it was easier to introduce unusual species.

Thanks for your comments and support Roger. However, I am also wary that whilst CollectA are releasing unusual species, many of their current wild 'common' animals are being forgotten and I think CollectA must also replace many of the common animals with better versions. For instance the lions, tigers, red deer, chimps and elephants are some of the models that need to be replaced and these will inevitably reduce the number of rare species released over the next few years but it is important for a company to also ensure the staple base of common animals which will always sell the most) are produced to a high standard. When I browse through the online catalogues you can suddenly see the difference in standards between the older models and the new ones.
Back to top Go down
Ludichris1

Ludichris1

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Yay a new Kiwi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Numaan wrote:
Roger wrote:
Numaan, being it an Okarito, it makes all the difference to collectors and none to the market. It will be a kiwi exactly as it was a common kiwi.

Absolutely right Roger.  I always think a brand should be brave to create an alternative sub-species or species of a common animal.  So a Woodland Caribou instead of just a standard reindeer or caribou, a King Cheetah instead of normal Cheetah.  Striped hyena instead of usual Hyena, Pygmy Hippo instead of common hippo and so on.  Many Kiwi figure made often make the common Brown Kiwi so whilst to children and non-animal experts it is just a Kiwi. To us it is a specific and unusual species and often one that is rarer.

In fact I think the creation of rare and endangered species should be encouraged animals such as the Long-tailed Chinchilla, Amur Leopard, Pygmy Hippo, Mountain Nyala, Scimitar Oryx and Saola are all very much endangered.  CollectA are doing the best they can but it must be balanced with a mix of the more common animals which will always form the solid base of any collection.  

Anyway I hope this is encouraging progress for the future.  One thing is for sure, us collectors are being spoiled with so many creations so much that suddenly common species become unappealing.  It is quite funny actually how the expectations from everyone have changed over the last few years.  I love it! :-)
So we can expect a asian lion, a south chinese tiger, a forest elephant and a grevy zebra for the next years? Very Happy Love it! cheers

sebillba

Country/State : Southsea, UK

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Numaan wrote:
Thanks for your comments and support Roger.  However, I am also wary that whilst CollectA are releasing unusual species, many of their current wild 'common' animals are being forgotten and I think CollectA must also replace many of the common animals with better versions.  For instance the lions, tigers, red deer, chimps and elephants are some of the models that need to be replaced and these will inevitably reduce the number of rare species released over the next few years but it is important for a company to also ensure the staple base of common animals which will always sell the most) are produced to a high standard.  When I browse through the online catalogues you can suddenly see the difference in standards between the older models and the new ones.

I like the old CollectA chimps, but they are quite cartoony, and not quite up to current standards, so I am pleased to hear there are plans for them to be updated. Maybe CollectA could also make a Bonobo to provide another rare species? monkey
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 10:14 am

...For collectors Collecta was #1 in 2014 and Collecta is #1 now in 2015 exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation Applause Applause Applause Applause

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 am

Yeeeees! Get it to me,..! Kiwi Power!

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Sergey wrote:
...For collectors Collecta was #1 in 2014 and Collecta is #1 now in 2015 exclamation exclamation exclamation exclamation Applause Applause Applause Applause

Especially for wildlife and prehistoric collectors. ^^
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 am

arafan wrote:
Wow a kiwi from a major brand! Very Happy I hope that it isn't too big, and the base will be a little smaller.

I agree. I hope it meets my size standards. Very Happy Because I like it! If not, oh well. I have the S&N one. cheers

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)   FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FINAL RELEASES - CollectA 2015: WILDLIFE - Okarito Kiwi (88731)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2