Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 

Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi guys,
I start to repaint some of my models of tigers.
CollectA tiger is finished and Papo male tiger is in progress Wink
So let me show you my ..let`s call him BENGAL tiger by CollectA :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank`s for watching.  monkey

Last edited by costicuba on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Is that a custom? It looks brilliant!! Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Phantastic!!

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Fantastic! You just amaze everyone every time. Surprised cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm

I love you I love you I love you I love you cheers bounce cheers

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Just wow as always! drunken Amazing!

Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Great repaint! Congrats. Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Great repaint! I cannot wait to see the Papo one in new coat Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 am

Excellent and I mean excellent paint job!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Stunning. Fantastic job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Fantastic as always Kosta! It is impressive what you did with that expressive figure. Very Happy I am also curious about what you can do with Papo and Mojo tigers. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Thank you so much friends. I`m happy that you like my repaint of that figure :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Fantastic as always Kosta! It is impressive what you did with that expressive figure. Very Happy I am also curious about what you can do with Papo and Mojo tigers. Very Happy

Thank you Roger,
I don`t have the Mojo tiger, actually I don`t have the Safari tigers also... but I have all tigers by Papo,
so I`ll repaint some of them...or maybe all of them.
And now I`m repainting the male Papo tiger...it`s looking good so far :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:12 pm

A beautiful job on this one Kosta Applause Is it me of this tiger has a big big head ?

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 pm

A beautiful job on this one Kosta Applause  Is it me of this tiger has a big big head ?

Thank you Kiki :)
No, is not only you.. I also think that the head is too big, or the body too small...and also very skinny..
but anyway..this model has some charm... some expression :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:05 pm

Especially with your repaint Wink

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Kosta, I am sure your Papo will look magnificent once it is still the best. Mojo's have a close quality but need your painting. Laughing

A beautiful job on this one Kosta Applause  Is it me of this tiger has a big big head ?

No, is not only you.. I also think that the head is too big, or the body too small...and also very skinny..

I can see that tiger in local shops and the big head/skiny body was exactly the reason why I decided not to get this figure. Though, I like a lot his expression as it happens with CollectA lioness. That's a different figure from other tigers but not close as good as Papo. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:20 am

Kosta, I am sure your Papo will look magnificent once it is still the best. Mojo's have a close quality but need your painting. Laughing

I can see that tiger in local shops and the big head/skiny body was exactly the reason why I decided not to get this figure. Though, I like a lot his expression as it happens with CollectA lioness. That's a different figure from other tigers but not close as good as Papo. Very Happy

Thank you again Kiki and Roger :)))
About Mojo tiger...I was thinking to buy one, but the only reason that I didn`t was, becouse I don`t like the position of the body.
It`s too boring for me. And I don`t like when some major brands, keep making the models of meny animals in this position.
I`m speaking about the legs...
It can happens sometimes, for the animals, to be with legs like that, especialy elephants...
But is more natural if the legs are opposite... Wink
For example the new 2015 Schleich  tiger...I think that it look`s nice, but this is only which I don`t like...the position of the legs.

Now is 04:00 h. in the morning...and I was repainting my Papo tiger till now.. pale
Allready 3 days I`m spending meny hours on this model...and still is not finished.
I`m allmost ready (And very proud of my self), but now I don`t have energie and patience anymore..
My eyes are half closed....so I have more repaint-work for tomorrow, maybe last day :)
So good night Mr. Tiger (without painted tail..)...see you tomorrow.. And good night to you guys, if somebody is still awake scratch Very Happy
Sleep
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:38 am

Beautiful work!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Thank you Harriet :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:42 am

About Mojo tiger...I was thinking to buy one, but the only reason that I didn`t was, becouse I don`t like the position of the body.
It`s too boring for me. And I don`t like when some major brands, keep making the models of meny animals in this position.
It can happens sometimes, for the animals, to be with legs like that, especialy elephants...
For example the new 2015 Schleich  tiger...I think that it look`s nice, but this is only which I don`t like...the position of the legs.

Now is 04:00 h. in the morning...and I was repainting my Papo tiger till now.. pale
Allready 3 days I`m spending meny hours on this model...and still is not finished.
I`m allmost ready (And very proud of my self), but now I don`t have energie and patience anymore..
My eyes are half closed....so I have more repaint-work for tomorrow, maybe last day :)
So good night Mr. Tiger (without painted tail..)...see you tomorrow.. And good night to you guys, if somebody is still awake scratch Very Happy
Sleep

Laughing That's impressive, I used to be on forum until very late hours but contrarily to what was expectable, now I am not so late on forum so often. Very Happy Your Papo is giving you a lot of work, I see but it deserves it. About Mojo pose, I agree it is boring, not only legs, I see you like best a more natural gait with opposite legs, but it is also boring because bodies are too straight. It was discussed also when the Iberian lynx was being sculpted, though, it was not originally supposed to be walking but just ready to hunt. Very Happy We can find several pictures online where felines have legs in that way that you don't like but I agree they look less natural. :)

Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Sleep

Laughing That's impressive, I used to be on forum until very late hours but contrarily to what was expectable, now I am not so late on forum so often. Very Happy Your Papo is giving you a lot of work, I see but it deserves it. About Mojo pose, I agree it is boring, not only legs, I see you like best a more natural gait with opposite legs, but it is also boring because bodies are too straight. It was discussed also when the Iberian lynx was being sculpted, though, it was not originally supposed to be walking but just ready to hunt. Very Happy We can find several pictures online where felines have legs in that way that you don't like but I agree they look less natural. :)

I agree for Mojo lynx...and also we have a real photo in internet, which they used for that model :)

My Papo tiger was ready last night.... but today is a very dark day...and I cannot take good photos...I have to wait..
I think that, this is my best repaint till now....but, let`s wait for the the photos and you will tell me what you think Wink
Back to top Go down
Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Wow, what a handsome creature!! The paint job is awesome!! Applause Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:13 am

Thank you Shanti :))

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:00 pm

Wow - just saw this, great repaint!! So much more alive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:52 am

So charming! Well done cheers

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Thank you Jason and Abby :)

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:38 pm

We have no sun these days in Bulgaria, but today I took photos of my repainted, Papo male tiger.
I love this model and I tried my best to bring him to life :)
So check this out :

And some photos with the original model :

thank`s for watching :)

Last edited by costicuba on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Oh, I was waiting for them! cheers It is absolutly divinal! Shocked Your talent never stops to impress me, you're a fabulous artist! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Wow Shocked Applause
Wonderful again! cheers Applause

Could you please make one time a tutorial? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Thnak you very much Roger :)))

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Wow Shocked Applause

Thank you Bonobo :)
Hmm, my next model for repainting is a Papo roaring tigress, ..but is almost done..
If you think that will be interesting and usefully to show my style of repainting,
maybe I`ll try to make one tutorial with the model after tigress :)
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:06 pm

That's a beautiful tiger! Very Happy 
Which subspecies is it the south chineese?

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:12 pm

WOW! I love your tigers so much  I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:18 pm

That's a beautiful tiger! Very Happy 
Which subspecies is it the south chineese?

Thank you :) Yes , it can be  south chineese, or maybe bengal tiger.... scratch
Thank you very much Karolina :)
Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:20 pm

affraid Could this be more perfect?! You sure can paint a tiger! Inspirational. cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Wow Shocked Applause

Hmm, my next model for repainting is a Papo roaring tigress, ..but is almost done..
If you think that will be interesting and usefully to show my style of repainting,

You could also show aomething [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:35 am

Thank you very much Kayla :)

Wow Shocked Applause

You could also show aomething [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink Very Happy

But I have nothing special to show....I use just some colors of actilic paints and 3-4 brushes ..that`s all :)
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:50 am

[quote="costicuba"
But I have nothing special to show....I use just some colors of actilic paints and 3-4 brushes ..that`s all :)[/quote]

But these colors: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or these ones: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or completly diffrent ones? scratch Wink

or with what brushes you could make those fantastic details? Shocked

It's always interesting to see the tools from other artists Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:37 pm

[quote="costicuba"
But I have nothing special to show....I use just some colors of actilic paints and 3-4 brushes ..that`s all :)

But these colors: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or these ones: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or completly diffrent ones?  scratch Wink

or with what brushes you could make those fantastic details? Shocked

It's always interesting to see the tools from other artists Very Happy[/quote]

Ok, my photos are there Wink)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Oh my!!! This new tiger is gorgeous!!! I love the eyes drunken It's all very very beautiful painted!!! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh my!!! This new tiger is gorgeous!!! I love the eyes drunken It's all very very beautiful painted!!! cheers cheers

Thank you very much sunny
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Man! You're awesome. Though both sculpts are bad. YES, also the Papo one has some flaws. Especially the head. But your incredibly realistic paintjob kicks ass. Applause

Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Man! You're awesome. Though both sculpts are bad. YES, also the Papo one has some flaws. Especially the head. But your incredibly realistic paintjob kicks ass. Applause

Xaxa..thank`s PeGe :))
I also like very much your paint work :)
You have brilliant repainted models....but my favorite is your Papo wolf.
Look`s absolutely gorgeous! :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:29 am

Looking at it again, really great!!!!!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Looking at it again, really great!!!!!

Thank you sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 pm

HOLY HAMSTER !!! Shocked

How could I miss this fabulous repaint of the Papo tiger ???? Sleep Sleep Sleep geek

It is STUNNING, Kosta !!! WOW affraid

I can hear him growling , and see his tail twitching cheers bounce Applause Applause flower Applause

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:28 am

cheers
I`m happy, that you like it.
Thank you very much Susanne sunny

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:30 pm

My little Papo roaring tigress is ready :)
I love that model !
For me , this is probably the best model of tiger from all major brands.
It`s quite old (made it before 11 years), but has so big  potential.
So, here is my repainted tigress:

Compared with the original color :

Thank`s for watching :)

Last edited by costicuba on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:53 am

Amazing!! Shocked He looks so realistic! Imagine putting him in an outdoor jungle-Dio, no one could tell he isn't real! Applause
How do you do the the stripes, I mean that they come out so neat, clear and just "in the right place"? If I would try it, it would look like a crooked fantasy animal… cat
Back to top Go down
costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 am

Amazing!! Shocked He looks so realistic! Imagine putting him in an outdoor jungle-Dio, no one could tell he isn't real! Applause
How do you do the the stripes, I mean that they come out so neat, clear and just "in the right place"? If I would try it, it would look like a crooked fantasy animal… cat

Wow, thank you very much Shanti sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)   

Back to top Go down

Repainted wild cats by Kosta :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next