Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour

Go down 
+19
Roger
lucky luke
Froggie
QuollMate
sbell
widukind
Tarunyada
K907
weaselfan93
A.R.Garcia
Kikimalou
Duck-Anch-Amun
PeGe
landrover
Taos
jhudstone
schleich61
SUSANNE
jarda
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 pm

sbell wrote:
I remember going through these catalogs back then. But I never paid much attention to all of it (interesting how many sets I've had over the years, many of which are gone).

Some interesting things--on page 38 is a set of animals that was released with the Panini stickers--it has obviously gotten around. Much like the small dinosaurs, which are Mech figures with better paint jobs (but otherwise unremarkable).

And I need to know more about the tropical fish on page 39--it is a weird angle, but some of them are intriguing. In spite of their silly colours. They don't look like recasts of the other tropical fish series.

There's still a lot we need and want to know about Play Visions. We are currently working the bulk pages on Toy Animal Wiki. it is still being structured and if possible, we will upload a lot of pictures next weeks and turn it as much complete as possible. Maybe you can help us with some information once you seem very informed about these figures. Later, we will see which other sets will be listed, among them, maybe these 4 rubber tropical fish. Though, I don't remember seeing it on forum.
The small dinosaurs are those 24 listed with bluks? Interesting that they're Mech, do you have a list of which figures belong to this bulk? Very Happy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:17 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
I remember going through these catalogs back then. But I never paid much attention to all of it (interesting how many sets I've had over the years, many of which are gone).

Some interesting things--on page 38 is a set of animals that was released with the Panini stickers--it has obviously gotten around. Much like the small dinosaurs, which are Mech figures with better paint jobs (but otherwise unremarkable).

And I need to know more about the tropical fish on page 39--it is a weird angle, but some of them are intriguing. In spite of their silly colours. They don't look like recasts of the other tropical fish series.

There's still a lot we need and want to know about Play Visions. We are currently working the bulk pages on Toy Animal Wiki. it is still being structured and if possible, we will upload a lot of pictures next weeks and turn it as much complete as possible. Maybe you can help us with some information once you seem very informed about these figures. Later, we will see which other sets will be listed, among them, maybe these 4 rubber tropical fish. Though, I don't remember seeing it on forum.
The small dinosaurs are those 24 listed with bluks? Interesting that they're Mech, do you have a list of which figures belong to this bulk? Very Happy

I used to scour the catalogs looking for new and interesting things--I even had a local retailer bring in a full jar of the wild dogs set! Although I don't have many spares anymore. It was probably a few years before this catalog, because I'm sure I would have noticed the eels!

Interestingly, the Spotted hyena that I recently received from Julia isn't anywhere to be found in this catalog. Which means we need one that is at least a few years older! Because it wasn't long after this that PV called it quits with all but a few (boring) sets, due almost entirely to problems with bootlegging and other copies.

Unfortunately, I don't know much more about the dinos--I never had even close to a full set of them (they really weren't worth it...). Apparently they were later carried by Toysmith, but I don't know if that's still true. From what I can tell, the PV set is the larger version; the smaller Mech dinos were included with Panini 'Dinosaur album' stickers.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Oh noes, after seeing these pages, there's so much I'd like to have in my collection!!  Shocked Thanks for sharing!!

Froggie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wonder how all these Ocean Explorers fit in this one little boat.. Suspect cyclops

And i remember me i had this set in the past. But i think it was only made in china but i am sure.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:39 am

sbell wrote:
Interestingly, the Spotted hyena that I recently received from Julia isn't anywhere to be found in this catalog. Which means we need one that is at least a few years older! Because it wasn't long after this that PV called it quits with all but a few (boring) sets, due almost entirely to problems with bootlegging and other copies.

Unfortunately, I don't know much more about the dinos--I never had even close to a full set of them (they really weren't worth it...). Apparently they were later carried by Toysmith, but I don't know if that's still true. From what I can tell, the PV set is the larger version; the smaller Mech dinos were included with Panini 'Dinosaur album' stickers.

Thanks, the spotted hyena you've received is probably the 1999 that you can see here. It is the number 7 of a 1999 set that we call African Wildlife, though name is conjectural once it is from 1999 and we only have 1998 catalogue.
They had some more figures marked hyena, the small and large prehistoric hyenas that are andrewsarchus actually. Laughing ... and the striped hyena from the Wild Dogs bulk, although we all know it is not a wild canid. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:38 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

Thanks, the spotted hyena you've received is probably the 1999 that you can see here. It is the number 7 of a 1999 set that we call African Wildlife, though name is conjectural once it is from 1999 and we only have 1998 catalogue.
They had some more figures marked hyena, the small and large prehistoric hyenas that are andrewsarchus actually. Laughing ... and the striped hyena from the Wild Dogs bulk, although we all know it is not a wild canid.  Very Happy

Well of course I have 3 of those 3! I had never seen the spotted. One thing I don't understand--unlike every other PV figure I have, the spotted hyena has no number marked on it, which is weird. Is this true of the rest of its 'set'?

Also, the bat-eared fox was definitely part of the Wild Dogs set, although it may have shown up in later re-mix sets.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 7:03 am

I really love those transparent multicolored tropical fish. And everything else on the catalog. I now have to drain my house from all the drooling.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:45 am

these numbers are often very well hidden, was a pain and sometimes impossible to find them all. The spotted hyena has the number between the front legs, seems a bit like a fur structure.
Hope this helps
The bad-eared was indeed in two sets, first of course the Wild Dogs, the two models look identic, but the script on the belly shows different years (1996, 1998)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:31 pm

Stunning find, Beatrice. Thank you for posting these.. Very Happy Applause cheers Shocked Cool sunny bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 2:14 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

They had some more figures marked hyena, the small and large prehistoric hyenas that are andrewsarchus actually. Laughing ... and the striped hyena from the Wild Dogs bulk, although we all know it is not a wild canid.  Very Happy

Well of course I have 3 of those 3! I had never seen the spotted. One thing I don't understand--unlike every other PV figure I have, the spotted hyena has no number marked on it, which is weird. Is this true of the rest of its 'set'?

Also, the bat-eared fox was definitely part of the Wild Dogs set, although it may have shown up in later re-mix sets.

Sean, Beatrice replied to you above, we used this post to collect as much info about PV as we could, now some ambiguous questions are being solved in a topic that you can find in my signature. Very Happy
I know you have a lot of Play Visions figures and maybe you could be a very good help here. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 10:11 pm

!!!!????? WHAT!!!???? THAT PINK-MANED LARGE FLOCKED UNICORN THAT I HAVE SINCE 1993 IS A PLAYVISIONS!!????
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 7:47 am

I also found the blue Spinosauru, which I had when I was a child. So, I've got a Play vision long before my first Schleich animal.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 2:19 pm

Megaptera wrote:
I also found the blue Spinosauru, which I had when I was a child. So, I've got a Play vision long before my first Schleich animal.

Cool, could you please provide a picture of it to be used at Toy Animal Wiki?

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 pm

I see this for the first time because of a recent post by Roger. I see the Wing Mau beetle collection was first marketed as a Habitat Earth Play Visions set? Wow, never knew that.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 9:26 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
I see this for the first time because of a recent post by Roger. I see the Wing Mau beetle collection was first marketed as a Habitat Earth Play Visions set? Wow, never knew that.

Wing Mau produced them for Play Visions. The Habitat Earth set has 24 styles but if you mean this set and checking the numbering of the known figures, they may be 36 on Wing Mau range.
It is always hard to tell exactly who has marketed these figures. We only know when they are marked PV or WM what does not seem to be the case with these models. Maybe the numbering will tell us some day.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 10:39 pm

Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Wing Mau produced them for Play Visions. The Habitat Earth set has 24 styles but if you mean this set and checking the numbering of the known figures, they may be 36 on Wing Mau range.
It is always hard to tell exactly who has marketed these figures. We only know when they are marked PV or WM what does not seem to be the case with these models. Maybe the numbering will tell us some day.

As far as I know there are 24 (I reviewed it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] However, these beetles are based on a poster printed in 1992 (I have the poster) and there are other figures floating around that also appear based on this poster, so maybe there are more.

WM, PV, and CE are all intimately interlinked. I recently bought Club Earth figures in the original packaging and the figures themselves were stamped with 'WM'.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

As far as I know there are 24 (I reviewed it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] However, these beetles are based on a poster printed in 1992 (I have the poster) and there are other figures floating around that also appear based on this poster, so maybe there are more.

WM, PV, and CE are all intimately interlinked. I recently bought Club Earth figures in the original packaging and the figures themselves were stamped with 'WM'.

Makes sense, as far as we know nobody found a set branded Wing Mau. It is like finding figures with the tags of Mamejo Nature but marked AAA. Much probably all these figures marked 'WM' were sold directly by Club Earth what explains also why they are much easier to find for North American collectors.
I compared all these beetles of the topic you linked to the figures on TAW and those on TAW can all be found in your topic, even if sometimes the painting is quite different. I suspect the lack of coerence with the numbers marked is probably because they are from different sets. As you have your figures sorted taxonmically, I won't bother you asking all their numbers/letters but, if you have the chance, could you check the Dicranorhina berbyana? Figure on TAW is quite differently painted and it is marked 8, it makes more sense that they are marked A1 to A12 and B1 to B12.
It is a pity we don't ahve a secret formula to list these models consistently on TAW.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 11:57 pm

Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Makes sense, as far as we know nobody found a set branded Wing Mau. It is like finding figures with the tags of Mamejo Nature but marked AAA. Much probably all these figures marked 'WM' were sold directly by Club Earth what explains also why they are much easier to find for North American collectors.
I compared all these beetles of the topic you linked to the figures on TAW and those on TAW can all be found in your topic, even if sometimes the painting is quite different. I suspect the lack of coerence with the numbers marked is probably because they are from different sets. As you have your figures sorted taxonmically, I won't bother you asking all their numbers/letters but, if you have the chance, could you check the Dicranorhina berbyana? Figure on TAW is quite differently painted and it is marked 8, it makes more sense that they are marked A1 to A12 and B1 to B12.
It is a pity we don't ahve a secret formula to list these models consistently on TAW.

The figure of Dicranorhina derbyana on TAW is painted almost exactly like mine. Are you sure you are looking at the right one? I'll check, but it will be some time before I pull it out of storage.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

The figure of Dicranorhina derbyana on TAW is painted almost exactly like mine. Are you sure you are looking at the right one? I'll check, but it will be some time before I pull it out of storage.

My mistake, too many bugs at once. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is this model. If it represents a big effort don't worry too much.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 12:07 am

Yes...and the one on TAI looks more like the real thing :). I am sure differences in paint are just due to different factories over different years.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 12:10 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Yes...and the one on TAI looks more like the real thing :). I am sure differences in paint are just due to different factories over different years.

I just pulled it out and my Zopherus is marked with B4
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 12:28 am

Terrific catalog!

sbell wrote:

I actually have one of these fish!
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 12:28 am

I didn’t even know it was a PV product!
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 12:32 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

This is why I keep my PV, CE, and WM figures together. It has been clear to me. You just need to know that the CE-distributed lizards and snakes were made by WM, that some WM and WM-like products were in the PV catalog, that PV bought CE in 2007, and that some PV products appear in the current WM online catalog.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 12:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], we are aware of it because we worked during many years in this subject. Thanks to all this work, any collector now, even if unexperient, just needs to check TAW or STS to find it out in a few minutes.

bmathison1972 wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

bmathison1972 wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Oh, can you see how interesting it is for sorting this set? B4 is one of the "numbers" missing. It would be very useful if you could check the last three missing and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in this link.
It may mean the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are from a different set and you may find interesting variations for your collection among them.
This set was built piece by piece on TAW, I still have to rename it to Wing Mau Beetles instead of Insects, we didn't know they were all beetles when we started building it as "XX Insects" in 2015.
It is a pity your topic is not with individual pictures or I'd fill up the holes.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 am

Birdsage wrote:
Terrific catalog!

sbell wrote:

I actually have one of these fish!

Big congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2