Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays

Go down 
+8
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
Wilorvise
Tylosaurus
JonasV
Bloodrayne
NightLioness
SUSANNE
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:45 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Roger wrote:
Easier to check now! Laughing Your collection achieved a point where it grows very slowly and it is sometimes boring. I hope we STSers can help you finding some more figures to your colorful and fishful collection and give a new life to it. Very Happy

Thanks Roger! I am good at helping other people, but never my own self it seems like.  Embarassed
I helped Susanne find a near impossible, rare horse from Safari Ltd back in the 90's.
Yet I can't even find myself a few cheap Chinese fish. Nevertheless, I love them so.  cheers

Yes, many people help each other on forum, Susanne already helped many people, myself included and it is how it should work. To help is a prise for itself. I am sure if someone find these China fish, that person will tell you. Only remember that not many people is used with these figures and contrarily to the Safari figure, they're not easy to find with a correct description once they're just fish to the sellers. I am happy that you've found that horse and I hope you can find everything you need. Very Happy

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:53 pm

Hello everyone, my fish count has bumped up to 92 with more coming. I somehow managed to locate the Greenbrier International Inc. fish on Amazon. I also located another set via eBay, and one Stecal might help me out with. Anyways, a single, little fish came in from eBay today and I am glad to own him. He is a mix of a clown fish and a mandarin fish. I am buying some extras soon to use for trading purposes, something I rarely do. But it has to be done. The first picture is a photo of all my knockoffs so far.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here is the newbie next two of the fish he looks like. He is a cross between clown fish and mandarin fish.

IF ANY OF YOU FIND ANYTHING ON SEARCHLIST OT WANT TO TRADE WITH ME, I GLADLY WILL. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:12 pm

See Emma, Collection is growing! Laughing I hope you can defintively get all these and it is great Steve is helping you. Very Happy
Do you think these fishes can cross? I suppose it is perhaps a mandarin fish made in a clownfish mould. Laughing Well, don't take me seriously once I don't understand anything of these colorful creatures, maybe Willy see it and can help you. Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Congrats Emma! I really like that fish in your avatar Very Happy

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Roger wrote:
See Emma, Collection is growing! Laughing I hope you can defintively get all these and it is great Steve is helping you. Very Happy
Do you think these fishes can cross? I suppose it is perhaps a mandarin fish made in a clownfish mould. Laughing Well, don't take me seriously once I don't understand anything of these colorful creatures, maybe Willy see it and can help you. Very Happy

Hahaha yeah I think that's just what the brand did! I found Greenbrier International, Nayab fish, and another Chinese set! My friend who isn't a collector offered to help and I'm going to work something out with him first. I really hope it all goes through alright and I just dearly hope I can become the girl with every known plastic fish (2-3" non Japanese). I also sent a message to Beatrice in hopes up a trade but no reply so far. Sad Hopefully Andreas will want a trade too. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:19 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Congrats Emma! I really like that fish in your avatar Very Happy

Thanks! Razz He's the Play Visions mandarin fish. I recieved his knockoff model today. Laughing

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Great collection. I admire that you have such an extensive example of fish. I someday hope to also get enough of figures like these for a great ocean/ reef display. Luckily many fish like these are cheap, but yes they are hard to find. Anyways, keep up the good work! cheers sunny

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Great collection. I admire that you have such an extensive example of fish. I someday hope to also get enough of figures like these for a great ocean/ reef display. Luckily many fish like these are cheaply, but yes they are hard to find. Anyways, keep up the good work! cheers sunny

Hi, I will gladly give you some suggestions. I am happy to help, since it seems I've pioneered the coral reef diorama here. cheers I am buying a ton of extra to trade away, if you end up having something on my wish list, I can trade you. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:23 pm

As of last week, my fish count has approached 100 fish. This number still has to go up. I still have a long way to go. Introducing, Greenbrier International Inc. as my latest acquisitions. These fish are very basic, and plain. They appear to be knockoffs so Safari Ltd's toob angelfish and clownfish. I have spent roughly 1 year searching for them and I finally own them. I am grateful I found them, as very few were left in stock. I have 2 extra and a salt water crocodile as duplicates for trading purposes. 

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Cool! Very Happy Applause  100 Fish is pretty good. I love the colour and variety of fish that you have, all together it looks amazing flower
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:59 pm

Emma wrote:
Cool! Very Happy Applause  100 Fish is pretty good. I love the colour and variety of fish that you have, all together it looks amazing flower

It does, and thank you very much! I take much pride in my fish collection. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 12:07 am

Hello everyone, these fish aren't new, in fact, far from it. But this is my tribute to all the people who have generously traded with me, or sent me figures out of the kindness of their hearts.  Applause Smile Here is my tribute. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My special thanks to the following:

Andreas (widukind)
Susanne (SUSANNE)
Beatrice (Froggie)
Nando (NandO)

**Note, Andreas and Beatrice sent me some extra gamefish too, I just don't count them as tropical fish.**

A total of 28/100 (28) fish have entered my collection thru trade ALONE. That makes up 28% of my current fish collection. I just wanted to thank everyone who has ever participated in a generous trade with me. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page

Last edited by QuollMate on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 1:29 am

Quote :
NightLioness wrote:Do you want to show your other collections as well, I'm very curious how you did them ^^
Maybe another time, I've got exams coming up.

I can't wait to see the rest of your collection, if you are willing to share?  bounce
I just HAVE to keep going back to your corral reef photos, they are just beautiful and there is so much to see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 am

Emma wrote:
Quote :
NightLioness wrote:Do you want to show your other collections as well, I'm very curious how you did them ^^
Maybe another time, I've got exams coming up.

I can't wait to see the rest of your collection, if you are willing to share?  bounce
I just HAVE to keep going back to your corral reef photos, they are just beautiful and there is so much to see Very Happy

I will always try to update this thread whenever I can. But there will come a time when I find everything within reach and fish collecting slows. That's when I'll start posting "throwbacks" or all my sets in order. Or a reef update photo, and show how it looks updated. flower

If you are referring to my other collections, I will post those in a separate thread when my 4 day weekend next week arrives. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Very nice new fishes:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 3:01 pm

widukind wrote:
Very nice new fishes:)

Thanks. I have 2 extras and a salt water croc for trading that I saved.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:22 pm

So nice that your collection is growning and that you managed a way to get some more from gifts or trades with STS friends. I have not yet the honour of having a fish from me to your collection but I haven't gave up yet! Laughing

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello STS, I sadly haven't posted for a few weeks. I have been off and on to check important messages but due to the recent craze in schoolwork, I had to abandon the forum for 3 weeks. So sorry about that. Recently I placed a very high bid (bloody 30$...  Evil or Very Mad) on a lot of fish I had never seen and would possibly need for my collection. After 13 days of waiting, they finally arrived. I remember after placing the bid, people gave me info on the brand and figures and appreciate it all very very much.  Smile They are indeed AAA. I opened them up and they had that distinctive scent and material... and the size. Then I looked at the side to see AAA on it. They are slightly larger than my current fish but they haven't exceeded my size expectations so they made the cut. Wink Here are some pictures now. 

Here is the side of the tin.
The sea horses and crabs.... The crabs share the PV molds but not the same size or colors... 
The fish gang... 
Size comparison...

For some reason the one picture of the tin is upside down... maybe a forum staff can help? Thanks.  Rolling Eyes

PS: Roger, if you see this, these are the AAA fish and if you need wiki pictures, I can send some. Wink

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:58 am

Hurraaay ! You got the wonder-box cheers

They are beautyful !!! Very Happy
It is fun to see the comparison picture, it looks like the other set is much inspired by your new AAAs Wink

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:20 am

Big congrats Emma, great you fond some new fish friends Very Happy

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 9:20 am

Thank you guys! They're very fun! These are my mom's favorite, she really loved their lips.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 10:21 am

I've just diving into your reef for the first time and I feel very happy drunken Thank you Ëmmä cheers
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 11:14 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I've just diving into your reef for the first time and I feel very happy drunken  Thank you Ëmmä cheers

Haha so much color. Thank you, glad you enjoy them. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:26 pm

QuollMate wrote:
Hello STS, I sadly haven't posted for a few weeks. I have been off and on to check important messages but due to the recent craze in schoolwork, I had to abandon the forum for 3 weeks. So sorry about that.

You don't need to feel sorry, Emma! We always say on forum that school is first, soon or later we always find time to the forum. Very Happy

QuollMate wrote:
Recently I placed a very high bid (bloody 30$...  Evil or Very Mad) on a lot of fish I had never seen and would possibly need for my collection. After 13 days of waiting, they finally arrived. I remember after placing the bid, people gave me info on the brand and figures and appreciate it all very very much.  Smile They are indeed AAA. I opened them up and they had that distinctive scent and material... and the size. Then I looked at the side to see AAA on it. They are slightly larger than my current fish but they haven't exceeded my size expectations so they made the cut. Wink Here are some pictures now. 

Stubborn croc insisted that they're AAA and fortunately they are. I love the work that AAA make with these small creatures. Very Happy

QuollMate wrote:
For some reason the one picture of the tin is upside down... maybe a forum staff can help? Thanks.  Rolling Eyes

Done! Very Happy

QuollMate wrote:
PS: Roger, if you see this, these are the AAA fish and if you need wiki pictures, I can send some. Wink

Surely Emma, if possible, individual pictures of each Oceanic citizen as you did gently with those river fish.
Please also let me know what they are once I only know that they are wonderful, anything more! geek Big congratulations and thanks for sharing! cheers

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Roger wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
Hello STS, I sadly haven't posted for a few weeks. I have been off and on to check important messages but due to the recent craze in schoolwork, I had to abandon the forum for 3 weeks. So sorry about that.

You don't need to feel sorry, Emma! We always say on forum that school is first, soon or later we always find time to the forum. Very Happy

QuollMate wrote:
Recently I placed a very high bid (bloody 30$...  Evil or Very Mad) on a lot of fish I had never seen and would possibly need for my collection. After 13 days of waiting, they finally arrived. I remember after placing the bid, people gave me info on the brand and figures and appreciate it all very very much.  Smile They are indeed AAA. I opened them up and they had that distinctive scent and material... and the size. Then I looked at the side to see AAA on it. They are slightly larger than my current fish but they haven't exceeded my size expectations so they made the cut. Wink Here are some pictures now. 

Stubborn croc insisted that they're AAA and fortunately they are. I love the work that AAA make with these small creatures. Very Happy

QuollMate wrote:

Done! Very Happy

QuollMate wrote:

Surely Emma, if possible, individual pictures of each Oceanic citizen as you did gently with those river fish.
Please also let me know what they are once I only know that they are wonderful, anything more! geek Big congratulations and thanks for sharing! cheers

Thank you Roger, will do! Wink

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays   QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

QuollMate's Coral Reef Displays
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next