Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Am I the only one who...

Go down 
+8
googie212
NightLioness
Jetty
Gwaine
SUSANNE
JonasV
DaveScriv
LeeAnn
12 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Am I the only one who... Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:08 pm

... Goes though her collection and removes animals that I have years but don't like all of a sudden?

It seriously happens this month, and today my 'pile' of trade/sale animals grew a lot!
I have a lot of animals, and not that much space, also I like to 'upgrade' some animals to better models and remove some older more damaged ones from my collection.

Am I the only one? Am I going nuts and goes rampaging though my collection removing older not so loved models from it? o.0

lol!

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:33 pm

I do that with my Breyers quite often, except I'm making space for new ones instead Laughing Once you run out of room, you either have to sell off a few or stop collecting, and, well...

Am I the only one who... 15803111250_a008458b22

lol!

NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I do that with my Breyers quite often, except I'm making space for new ones instead Laughing Once you run out of room, you either have to sell off a few or stop collecting, and, well...

lol!

So I'm not the only one that does that, phew XD
Whaha, cool shirt! Very Happy I will never stop collecting either, and space is limited so Wink

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 3:20 pm

NightLioness wrote:
... Goes though her collection and removes animals that I have years but don't like all of a sudden?

It seriously happens this month, and today my 'pile' of trade/sale animals grew a lot!
I have a lot of animals, and not that much space, also I like to 'upgrade' some animals to better models and remove some older more damaged ones from my collection.

Am I the only one? Am I going nuts and goes rampaging though my collection removing older not so loved models from it? o.0

lol!

Removing animals (or whatever) because I suddenly don't like it? I don't do that with animals (or soldiers/other people figures) because my collection is almost all smallish 1:32 scale, so they don't take up much space each, and I generally try to complete ranges. I do decide to remove model buildings from my collection however because they no longer seem good enough to keep, but this is because buildings take up much more space, and storage is becoming a problem. There are still plenty more buildings I'd like to add to my collection of favourite brands/series, so some others have to go. And I live alone in a reasonably big house, but it is starting to look like those houses featured in compulsive hoarder TV shows. Embarassed

Yes I do remove animal/people figures from my collection if I buy a better condition example, perhaps bought almost by accident in a multiple figure lot on eBay. This varies a bit, sometimes I remove them, sometimes I keep both. Depends what it is really. An obvious example is with marching soldiers. A few more 'other ranks' makes for a better squad to display, although some of the worst condition examples might go, but a lot of surplus officers are not needed, so they usually go into the to be swapped department.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 5:41 pm

I do that too, Karin don't worry Very Happy Well at least I did. lol! You remember when I was selling a lot of my horses and stuff. Of course there were also other reasons but I really looked my collection and after some days I just couldn't be annoyed more and put them for sale xD I need to cheh your topic soon btw Wink

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:22 pm

I often decide to do it !

I wake up in the morning and must have dreamt that I drown in model animals - but then, when I take any model in my hand, I can't LIVE without it Embarassed Laughing

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:27 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I wake up in the morning and must have dreamt that I drown in model animals - but then, when I take any model in my hand, I can't LIVE without it Embarassed Laughing

We share sentiment here.

I sometimes look at my bayala's and wildlife and wonder why I even have them, because my collection is mainly about life at the stables, but then I realise I just love them too much and decide against turning them into money for new models.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: http://tezzieh.deviantart.com/
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:57 pm

LeeAnn wrote:

lol!
Cool shirt, where can you buy it? would love to have this one....
I love T-shirts with catchy phrases.....
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Jetty wrote:

It's on the Breyer website Wink

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:17 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Jetty wrote:

OOooooo, and they have more T-shirts...!!!!  gotto have the one with Gooitzen fan teakesyl cyclops bounce bounce bounce

sorry Karin.... i went off topic..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:52 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

That would happen to me too Laughing

But fortunately I am not yet drowning in model animals. So I am not yet thinking of selling anything
Suspect
lol!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Jetty wrote:
LeeAnn wrote:
Jetty wrote:

OOooooo, and they have more T-shirts...!!!!  gotta have the one with Gooitzen fan teakesyl cyclops bounce bounce bounce

sorry Karin.... i went off topic..... Embarassed

Haha, no problem Jetty Wink Laughing

Thanks for all your replies cheers
I think I can safely say I'm not the only one XD

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:49 pm

If I ever get rid of any animal figures they are the really little ones, not larger ones. I would NEVER EVER get rid of any of my Terra by Battat horses! They are my prized animals.

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 7:05 pm

I keep streching my limited space in the cabinet.
But definately need more room in general.
I did take out a non-figure items like magnets, buckles and cartoon/teddy stuff.
I dont know if i will put it on display ever again, or just give it to our local anual fleamarket in May.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 4:23 am

I do this quite a bit. My husband and I live in a smaller house now, so I don't have quite the space I used to for my collections, especially my 1:9 scale model horses. Certain models (like my mother's childhood Breyer collection) will never be sold, but newer items come and go quite a bit. Sometimes I fall out of love with a certain mold, or it gets offered in a color I like better, or a new mold comes out that is just a better representation of the breed or species, so I trade up.

I think it's a good thing for me. It keeps my shelves from getting too crowded and the eBay sales fund new purchases. Smile

Kat26

Kat26

Country/State : IL USA

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 12:31 am

I do this all the time. Then I miss them later on! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:28 am

Fortunately I haven't reached that -running out of space- point yet. I'd hate to sell anything!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:40 am

I have a hard time getting rid of models. For instance, once in a while I find models that I already have that are in much much better condition than the figure I own, but yet I choose to sell the extra rather than my model because I develop a sentimental attachment sometimes, especially for the models I've had since I was a kid (the most beat up figures too). And one regret I have is that when I first started to seriously collect I was thinking I would only be a Schleich collector, and I got rid of almost all my older safari ltd. figures and AAA because I thought they were inferior to Schleich. I have since learned though to appreciate the charm of those figures, and I miss many of them now. Crying or Very sad However, for some of the brands that aren't very mainstream I will sometimes just decide I don't want anymore. And, no you aren't alone! I'm sure for any "quirk" that a member here on forum has, there will be at least one person who does the same thing. Laughing

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Great this topic is back up again Very Happy

I'm doing this now, just cleared out over 100 Schleichs I've had for years Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who...   Am I the only one who... Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: