Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GiselleGazelle

GiselleGazelle

Country/State : South Wales, UK

First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses Empty
PostSubject: First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses   First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:26 pm

Hi, everyone. I hope this is the right place to post this. Last year I bought three Schleich horses from different charity shops, 1st is the pinto stallion, 2nd is the retired shire gelding and the last one was a new in box Schleich unicorn. They were very cheap, less than a £1 each which I thought was a bargain. The unicorn being new, is in perfect condition. But the other two have some paint wear that I would like to touch up. I have a few questions, however as I've never attempted to fix rubs on any model before. First off, since the shire gelding is retired, would it actually ruin the value if I attempted to touch up the rubs? I know I wouldn't ever sell it and the collector's value is important to me, but paint wear really does bother me as well. Next, what is the best inexpensive paint to use for this? I need to be careful because I really don't want to ruin my models. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses   First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 1:43 am

I think it fits better in the Schleich section, I moved it for you Wink

Do you have photos of them? Or at least the model numbers? If they're bad enough it might just be better to do an all-out custom. And there are several pintos and shires so I don't know which ones you have... Most times it's best to leave them be but if you have photos perhaps I can help better.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses   First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 8:47 am

I agree with LeeAnn.
If you make a touch-up, the value drops to app. zero, but with serious rubs, the value is already low.scratch
However, with a touch-up, you may like it better, and that is the important thing, isn't it ? Very Happy

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses   First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 2:38 pm

A good way to touch them up: Paint the rubbed parts with a thin coat of acrylic paint in a slightly lighter hue than necessary. Than get yourself some pastels (soft pastels, not oil-pastels!) and try to get the perfekt colour by applying different shades of pastel-dust. If you don't like the outcome just wipe it off with a damp cloth and start anew. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses   First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses Empty

Back to top Go down

First timer and need help touching about some rubs on my Schleich horses
Page 1 of 1