Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?

Go down 
+6
Ana
NightLioness
DaveScriv
Carola
JonasV
LeeAnn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? Empty
PostSubject: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:17 am

I think this one is very interesting....

Do you keep the letters/cards/drawings that you receive during a trade here on STS?
I do! I bought yesterday a very luxurious mapbook to keep them all in :3 <3

I keep even the smallest notes.
I think it is part of the trade, part of the animals your getting and a part of the people behind the animals.
I especially like drawings, because that means your trade partner took some effort for you to make that drawing, and I love that thought.

*So next time you trade with me....*
*Keep in mind that I will keep your silly note a long, long time Razz*

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:35 am

I never throw away any notes/cards/drawings/anything from friends either here on on the MHB. I keep them in a clear page protector in a drawer in the bottom of my desk. Very Happy Most of the drawings are framed and hanging up in my office. Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:04 am

I keep them all and put all the card on my wall Very Happy I think is's nice to see those beautiful pieces of art from all round the world sent by awesome friends cheers Perhaps you remember my crazy desire to keep all the boxes and packages I get form you lol! lol! lol!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 9:18 pm

Yes, I keep them Very Happy I see the little letters, cards and extras as something very personal Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:41 am

I try to keep 100€ banknotes but alas I never found one Sad Wink
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:50 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I try to keep 100€ banknotes but alas I never found one Sad  Wink

Laughing

I suppose you could buy (they're cheap) one of those 1920s German hyper-inflation banknotes for millions of marks and frame it.
They look good - even though they're not worth anything beyond curiosity value.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:03 am

DaveScriv wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing

I suppose you could buy (they're cheap) one of those 1920s German hyper-inflation banknotes for millions of marks and frame it.

Laughing   Well I will think about it as soon as I will complete my 100€ banknotes collection cheers
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:11 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:53 am

Nice topic Karin! I have a special drawer for all the cards and letters from friends, collectors and also for any cards that come with animals (especially with handmade animals) Very Happy I treasure these kinds of things too flower  

Actually I can't imagine throwing away a letter from someone. It's maybe different with e-letter especially PMs or SMSes but true handwritten letters are  something more than that. Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:
DaveScriv wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing

Laughing   Well I will think about it as soon as I will complete my 100€ banknotes collection cheers

Haha, I remember 1000000 (1milion) Złoty  banknotes in 1990ties in Poland, they are worthless now but then it was worth like now 20 Euro or something like this Smile I use to pay 2000 złoty for a Kinder Surprise Chocolate Egg those times Laughing

For this you could buy quite a lot plastic animals those times probably (it was worth like 40 Euro today)

Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? 61799511

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
DinoLord

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 pm

I have whole cabinets of them!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:49 pm

DinoLord wrote:

Of 100€ banknotes ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DinoLord

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 am

Kikimalou wrote:
DinoLord wrote:

Of 100€ banknotes ?  Laughing

If only... Shocked I was referring to figure packaging of course. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:38 am

DinoLord wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
DinoLord wrote:

Of 100€ banknotes ?  Laughing

If only... Shocked  I was referring to figure packaging of course. Wink

It's a good start Wink
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:56 am

... I always stick a little note or drawing when I'm trading or selling something online.

But almost always when I receive my part from the trade or something I have bought from other collectors, not a single piece of paper note is included. Seriously the times I've had some kind of a thank you note has been like one or two....

I have though that sending notes with the toy animals isn't a very common practise. But I'm happy to hear that you get even letters and I've just had bad luck I guess Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:35 am

krista wrote:

... I always stick a little note or drawing when I'm trading or selling something online.

But almost always when I receive my part from the trade or something I have bought from other collectors, not a single piece of paper note is included. Seriously the times I've had some kind of a thank you note has been like one or two....

I have though that sending notes with the toy animals isn't a very common practise. But I'm happy to hear that you get even letters and I've just had bad luck I guess Very Happy

Uhh, but I can't draw Embarassed Rolling Eyes
Instead, I often try to give a good bargain Wink

But I have some beautyful drawings and cards and notes from other collectors, - even little hand made boxes from Portugal cheers
Of course I keep them. They are in folders on my book shelf
The exception is cookies and chocolate, - they are gone Laughing

BUT !
Actually one of my new year promises is that I want to throw out a lot of old stuff !!!!!
I have two large plastic boxes with wheels under my bed, full of old letters, calendars, drawings etc...some are 50 years old.
My poor son, the day I leave this world he will have to fill containers with junk that nobody wants to ever see affraid

When my Mom died, there were TONS of old photos and photo books.
They stand in 6 large boxes in the barn, - I feel I can't throw them out, - well, they may get wet and must now, so that will solve the problem geek Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?   Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you keep the trade cards/drawings/letters etc?
Page 1 of 1