Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)

Go down 
+25
Masoud
Joliezac
Pardofelis
Bonnie
bmathison1972
landrover
Roger
Neptuneneptunia
widukind
weaselfan93
shadoweon
costicuba
SUSANNE
lucky luke
Ana
Taos
Florian
scot(t)
Bloodrayne
Kikimalou
Chris Sweetman
jarda
NightLioness
JonasV
LeeAnn
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) Empty
PostSubject: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:41 pm

The show us yours for January 2015 ended up being my suggestion of pinnipeds. c: Pinnipeds includes seals,sea lions and walruses.

Pinnipeds are aquatic mammals who live in many parts of the world. Some live in cold climates (like the the leopard seal)  where as others live in warmer climates (such as the monk seal). There are three different families within the genus- Odobenidae (walruses and extinct relatives), Otariidae (eared seals such as furred seals,sea lions) & Phocidae (eared seals). They are carnivores,mainly eating fish and crustaceans. Some species prey upon birds like penguins and seagulls.

The main predators of Pinnipeds is that of polar bears,orcas,sharks and humans.

I'll start off with mine:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The current Schleich common (harbour) seal and her pup, I know this isn't much of a collection but both are nice figures.

I'm sure the rest of you have more to show than me though!

Last edited by shadoweon on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:52 pm

I can't see the photo scratch

Now it's there! Very Happy Great seals cheers cheers cheers

shadoweon

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
I can't see the photo scratch

Flickr will not load properly so its not letting me post it in the way I would normally post images here. I uploaded it directly instead so you should be able to see it now.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Indeed this Schleich seal is a Common Seal although in some parts of the world it is known as the Harbour Seal.

Schleich Seal 136669 3

Schleich Seal 136669 5

Schleich Seal 136669 1

Very Happy

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Very nice topic!!! Thank you for starting it!

Amazing photos Chris!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
shadoweon

shadoweon

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Indeed this Schleich seal is a Common Seal although in some parts of the world it is known as the Harbour Seal.

Very Happy

I've always called it the Harbour seal myself but I figured Common seal may be better known to international members. Beautiful photos btw, I remember seeing them on flickr earlier in the year!

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Chirs, those are wonderful photos! Applause Applause Surprised cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Chris those photos are amazing Very Happy

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Ana wrote:
Very nice topic!!! Thank you for starting it!

Amazing photos Chris!! cheers

shadoweon wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

Very Happy

I've always called it the Harbour seal myself but I figured Common seal may be better known to international members. Beautiful photos btw, I remember seeing them on flickr earlier in the year!

JonasV wrote:
Chirs, those are wonderful photos! Applause Applause Surprised cheers

NightLioness wrote:
Chris those photos are amazing Very Happy

Thank you very much Anna, shadoweon, Jonas and Nightlioness appreciate your comments on my photos.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Britains Walrus   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:22 am

Britains Walrus 1962 1

Britains Walrus 1962 2

The walrus was introduced to Britains new plastic Zoo range as number 1328. The first issue, shown above, was released in 1962 and replaced in 1975. It was derived from the old Britains lead version’s mould which came out in 1933.

Britains Walrus 1975 1

Britains Walrus 1975 2

The model shown above is the replacement model designed by Ron Cameron and introduced to the Zoo range in 1975 and lasted until 1998 when the Zoo/wildlife range was deleted from Britains itinerary.

Britains Walrus 1962 and 1975

Now the image above shows both the 1962 and 1975 designs together. The newer version on the right is much better and certainly shows the progress Britains made in this period.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Britains Sea lion   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:45 am

Britains Sea lion 1963 1

Britains Sea lion 1963 2

The sea lion was introduced to the new plastic Zoo range as number 1329. The first issue, shown above, was released in 1963 and replaced in 1975. It was derived from the old Britains lead version’s mould which came out in 1933.

Britains Sea lion 1975 1

Britains Sea lion 1975 2

The model shown above is the replacement model designed by Ron Cameron and introduced to the Zoo range in 1975 and it was deleted in 1985.

Britains Sea lion 1963 and 1975

Now the image above shows both the 1963 and 1975 designs together. The newer version on the right is more animated and catches the characteristics of the animal far better and again shows the progress Britains made in this period.

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 2:53 am

Thank You, Chris, for these valuable infos! It would be great to have the same infos for the rest of Britains plastic ZOO animals range... Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:20 am

jarda wrote:
Thank You, Chris, for these valuable infos! It would be great to have the same infos for the rest of Britains plastic ZOO animals range... Wink

You are welcome jarda. I am working on the rest of the Britains Zoo / Wildlife range where there are at least two distinct versions of the same animal. Information is hard to find and although there are lists available it is always better to have images.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
jarda wrote:

You are welcome jarda. I am working on the rest of the Britains Zoo / Wildlife range where there are at least two distinct versions of the same animal. Information is hard to find and although there are lists available it is always better to have images.

It is a great idea Phil Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Some of my pinnipeds Very Happy

Seals: Schelch elephant seal, Colorata spotted seal, Schleich common seal, Safari LTD harp seal young, Kaiyodo ribbon seal, AAA leopard seal, Jean Hoffler seal (I don't know what species) and Safari Ltd harp seal.

Bullyland Elephant seal with young

And outside photo of this pair Wink

Now sea lions: Colorata Californian Sea Lion, Unknown brand sea lion, Schleich Californian sea lion cub, Mojo Californian Sea lion, Colorata Steller Sea Lion (if I confused the species, please correct me Smile )  

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Great pinnipeds all cheers

I look so much forward to everything setteling down ( and my little Ida-horse hopefully surviving) and take pictures, - great topic Applause

Anna, - I think the unknown sea lion in your last picture is from BRUNNEN ??? Does it just say CHINA on the belly ? scratch

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Oh, yes Susanne it must be Brunnen, I knew this brand, I got this sea lion from Yvette and I remember she said it was Brunnen I just couldn't remember the brand name anymore. Thank you for reminding this to me Smile

I wish health to your horse Ida. I hope she will get better soon flower

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:33 pm

From left to right: Safari ltd., CollectA, Schleich, Safari ltd.

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Nice seals:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 8:03 pm

These have already been shown, in very nice photos, but I'll share a couple of my Seals/Sea Lion pictures.

Here's the Mojo Fun Sea Lion. I think it's gorgeous. Despite the fact that the surface texture is so extremely delicate, it is really pretty. (I also love what Anna did with hers a while ago, in polishing the surface. UPDATE: you can find the pictures [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], in Christophe's fantastic walk-around of the Mojo Sea Lion.)

The Britains Sea Lion, from 1975 (which I only know from Chris's helpful comments above). I love this sculpt.

And the Mojo Fun Seal, my favorite Seal model.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Thankyou for the beautyful pictures of Mojo's pinnipeds Applause
You are right, - they look so delocate, I love the slightly stylished look Very Happy

Piinipeds are some of my favorites. And at last I have had time to take some photos too Wink

First the ones from VEB-Plaho :

Some variations :

My elephant seals :
From left : Bullyland and his pup. Schleich, Plaho and a composition(?) model, - can anybody tell me the brand ?

Here is another photo of the heavy model  :

Underside :

More later Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:13 pm

I like your pinnipeds Susanne Very Happy
Your sea elephant on the first picture looks like he has a heart attack Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:24 am

Florian wrote:
I like your pinnipeds Susanne Very Happy
Your sea elephant on the first picture looks like he has a heart attack Laughing

Laughing Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Here are the pinnipeds from  Bullyland :DFor a brand with a relatively limited range, their pinniped-flock is quite impressive .

Untill year 2000, Bullyland only made a few for the "standard size" series ( later called "Small") ,  but they had several large AAA models in their range.
Schleich sold the same AAA models, but only some of the small one/cubs. But I don't include AAA models in this list Wink )

The very first one is this little walrus from 1985 :

The cute, little siver coloured sea lion is from 1988, - the micro seal is from late 1990s :

In year 2000 Bullyland began making their own "De luxe" pinnipeds.

The first year a walrus with cub. I love this guy. He is enormously fat, just as they have to be in order to get in rut, because he does not eat during that period  Wink  

His little son will be big and fat too, - in 10 or 15 years Wink

In 2001 came the fur seal with pup :

Also in 2001 this lovely sea lion family :

Saddleback seal with pup ( 2001)

And the well known Elephant seals also came in 2001 :
For once the guy has his mouth shut  Laughing

Then a break for 10 years before the next ones came in 2011.
Greay seal with cob :

And sea lions, - I am sure I like the old ones better  Wink

Just for fun, - this is a so called blue sea critter  alien  Laughing
All I know about him is that he is made by Bullyland and that he has an impressive beard Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Great presentation and collection of Bullyland pinnipeds! Very Happy I love specially all these between the walrus and the most recent sea lions. Diversity with species like the fur seal and even some quality. I think the last one is a Smurf seal! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)   Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses) Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Yours- Pinnipeds (Seals,Sea Lions,Walruses)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next