Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:40 pm

I very much hope that this doesn't sound silly  Neutral

I used to ride at my local ponyclub before I got a horse called George  Very Happy   It is a looooooong story  Rolling Eyes

Long story short: he is a very special horse to me, even though I had to sell him because of my ill health, even though I will never ride again, I loved him very much and I would like a model of him to treasure forever  Smile

I've seen some work that people do here and it looks amazing!  cheers
If it is not too much to ask, if anyone is interested to try and model him I would be sooooo happy  Very Happy
I'd pay you of course  Wink  It just depends how much. And I can pay through paypal  Wink

There would be no deadline, you can take a year, or even two if need be. Just as long as he is captured beautifully.  bounce

Does that sound silly? It is something that I have been thinking about for a while now.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 pm

He's gorgeous! cheers What a shame you had to sell him. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 am

Thanks cheers  I'm sorry too Sad  We were quite a team Very Happy   But it can't be helped Smile 
I very much hope that someone will be able to sculpt him for me bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:23 am

Have you contacted Anna or Harriet?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:32 am

That's surely not silly. I find very interesting when we own replicas of our favorite animal friends. Of course that's a hard work to an artist and often it looks an expensive work to the payer. I hope you can find someone to replicate this horse for a price that you can afford.
By the way, your friend is wonderful! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 am

@LeeAnn wrote:
Have you contacted Anna or Harriet?

I wasn't sure who to ask so I haven't contacted anyone. I'm not sure who is the best person for the job? Smile

@Roger wrote:
Of course that's a hard work to an artist and often it looks an expensive work to the payer. I hope you can find someone to replicate this horse for a price that you can afford.
By the way, your friend is wonderful!
I know that it will be costly. I'll work and save Wink bounce It will be awesome to have a homemade model from someone here awsell cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:32 am

Wow, Emma, I didn't know you had a horse. Indeed a pity that you had to sell him, do you know his new owners?
He's gorgeous!!! What a lovely, sweet and beautiful horse I love you What scale would you think about for such sculpture? Smile

http://www.horseandbird.com

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Anna wrote:
Wow, Emma, I didn't know you had a horse. Indeed a pity that you had to sell him, do you know his new owners?
He's gorgeous!!! What a lovely, sweet and beautiful horse What scale would you think about for such sculpture?

I got him two years ago when a lady moved into Dunedin and wanted to start riding. At first she asked me if I would feed her horse for her as their paddock was right behind our house. Then she asked if I would ride a new horse for her. His name was George bounce Wink 
I was overjoyed and agreed to ride her new horse for her. I fed and covered the horses for her everyday before I found out that she was just using me and never planned to pay me Mad

But I admit, I probably would have done it for free anyway Laughing
Then she wanted to sell George to me. At first it looked like my parents were going to say no, then my birthday came around and they surprised me with a new saddle and George! cheers
He was extremely pushy for a beginners horse, but I had been taught groundwork and managed to teach him some manners.

We were working so well together Sad  Gee I miss him a lot Crying or Very sad

I lost touch of his new owners Rolling Eyes  He went to a farm with lots of kids, so I bet he's happy Very Happy

I sold him before I joined the forum, this was kind of a distraction, once I didn't have a horse anymore I decided to recontinue collecting to help me move on Smile

I have no idea what scale  scratch I'll think on it, not too big and not too small. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 pm

I have no clue about scales? confused

Does nobody want to try this? bounce
Oh well, never mind, I'll keep working at my sculpting and maybe one day in the far future I will have the skill to attempt it  Smile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Emma, I think it could work as an excellent motivation to you start testing your skills. Very Happy
When you don't know how to manage with scales, you can use a reference. Let's see, you want a replica in a similar size with a Schleich horse... it is around 1:20 scale. If you want it half the size, I mean, half as tall, it is a 1:40 scale. If you want it twice as tall, it is a 1:10 scale. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:54 pm

Oh Emma, I'm sorry for my late answer, I just noticed this post now Embarassed
I think it's a beautiful story, and truly a story to treasure. Such a wonderful friend, such an amazing birthday present I love you
I'm not surprised you would like a model of him to remember your friendship forever.

I must say I would like to try make it for you, however OOAK sculpture would take me ages to finish. At any point do you consider (even drastic) but custom of existing model into his portrait. In drastic customs lots  of things can be changed to make a model look like your horse.If yes, I can try customising a model (of chosen scale) to his portrait. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Hmmm scratch
You know that I am in no hurry, if you wanted to try an OOAK sculpture I am very patient Smile

But if you would rather try a customs model, thats fine too Very Happy bounce

I'm glad that you're interested Very Happy sunny bounce 
Maybe similar scale with schleich but a little bit bigger. I'd like him to stand out a bit from my other horses.

Maybe you could make a progress topic Very Happy Wink   So I can see how it is comming along.
Like I said, it can take a year or two but I don't mind cheers
You can send me a PM if you are still interested and I can send you more photos Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 pm

A custom I think would be a great choice cheers Much faster and as for me, I can't sculpt but I love doing customs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Emma wrote:
Hmmm scratch
You know that I am in no hurry, if you wanted to try an OOAK sculpture I am very patient Smile

But if you would rather try a customs model, thats fine too Very Happy bounce

I'm glad that you're interested Very Happy sunny bounce 
Maybe similar scale with schleich but a little bit bigger. I'd like him to stand out a bit from my other horses.

Maybe you could make a progress topic Very Happy Wink   So I can see how it is comming along.
Like I said, it can take a year or two but I don't mind cheers
You can send me a PM if you are still interested and I can send you more photos Wink

Emma, I will look around and search a good model to customise. When I will have something I will write you pm and perhaps you will be able to provide some more photos of George?
Scale that is bigger than Schleich, hmm, what abou 1:12? This is Classic scale. Maybe any of the Mauren Love sculptures would make a good base for this model? I will look around a bit for that :)

It's nice to know you are not in hurry, I will have time to find decent base model for custom Smile

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:35 pm

That sounds great! Very Happy cheers cheers cheers 

Let me know when you a ready and I will send you all the photos that I have of George, but unfortunately most of them have me in it somewhere Razz Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:42 pm

Another scale that might work is Paddock Pal/Little Bit/Pebbles. It's not as big as Classic so it won't take up as much space, but it's slightly larger than a Schleich model (we call that curio scale in the model horse hobby Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 pm

I you´re not in a hurry I can do it. Write me a private message if interested :)

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:02 pm

PM sent Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:15 pm

This is kind of awkward. But I lost the email address of the person who was going to build my sculpture for me when I lost my computer. Its been so long that I can't remember who it was? Laughing Embarassed
I was hoping they'd contact me at some stage when they were ready. I still really like to go through with it bounce bounce bounce

You know who you are if you would still like to Smile sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:36 pm

Wasn't it Silvia (SyLoBe)? I think you can PM her here? Smile

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 pm

@Ana wrote:
Wasn't it Silvia (SyLoBe)? I think you can PM her here? Smile

I can't remember, there were so many requests scratch It was difficult to choose Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D   Today at 2:55 am

Back to top Go down

Wanted: a sculpture of my horse :-D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1