Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please vote for Show Us Yours of November! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Indian Flying Fox sculpture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Indian Flying Fox sculpture   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I am working on the diorama today, the temps are above freezing and there is sunshine so I have been going out to the shop to work on the figures and trees. One of the things I want is a flock of flying foxes. Colorata makes an endangered animal series and it includes a flying fox that is a perfect scale for the Indian flying fox so I decided to use it as the model to make my own flock. So far I have done 2 making 3 figures for the beginnings of the flock, I am not sure how many I want but there will be some flying and some in the trees. The first one I made was a flying one to go next to the Colorata one but the wings are in a different pose, up-stroke instead of down-stroke like the model. The second one is in the tree.

I have taken a very poor quality photo of the newest addition, along with the Colorata original for a size and color comparison for everyone to look at. I used the newest Kaiyodo bat model as a pose, if you look at the post on figures I am looking for you can see that figure, I didn't take a photo of it for this post, but it is climbing up into the tree top to find a location to take off from and join the flying ones. It is very small so the detail is hard but I think it will do fine on the dio because it will be in the tree and you will have to look for it when standing in front of the diorama. Hope you like it and any comments would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Indian Flying Fox sculpture   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm

I can´t wait to see your project finished!

Visit my collection gallery at

Visit my art gallery at

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Indian Flying Fox sculpture   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:28 pm

It looks lovely, Phil, you did an excellent job.

My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Indian Flying Fox sculpture   Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:06 am

Those are really, really fine !
And I love the photo, - it is like taking a quick look into an exotic world. They must be very, very difficult to make with those thin and fragile "wings". I hope to se many more photoes as you go along flower
Back to top Go down

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Indian Flying Fox sculpture   Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 pm

So real Phil! I just can tell you for you continue with your fantastic work my friend! Very Happy

Philip - The horses lover! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indian Flying Fox sculpture   Today at 11:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Indian Flying Fox sculpture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1