Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Metal Insects by LeeAnn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:25 pm

I just finished the dragonfly the other night, the Praying Mantis I did last year and entered into my local fair. It's not nearly as good as the dragonfly and his head keeps popping off but it managed to take home the best in show ribbon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:30 pm

These looks amazing!! Look at those wings o.0 Holy moly!
Congrats of the Best in Show, where do you show these, Breyer shows??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Oh no, just my local fair Smile Thanks! I'm happy with the dragonfly but the Mantis is a mess Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Shocked I don't like insects, but these are seriously cool nonetheless. The detail is amazing. Fantastic job LeeAnn! cheers Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Thank you Paige! Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm

They are beautiful! So delicate. The dragonfly is just wonderful. Applause
How you make them? Do you cut the metal elements and make everything from scratch or you use some kind of set of elements to assemble? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Now you're surprising me! Shocked I did know you are very talented but I didn't know you were so versatile! cheers They are very detailed and of an impressive artistic expression. I like both figures! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Now you're surprising me! Shocked I did know you are very talented but I didn't know you were so versatile! cheers They are very detailed and of an impressive artistic expression. I like both figures! Very Happy

Hey, Roger !!! You stole my words Suspect Laughing

LeeAnn, - you write books, repaint and etch models, ...make tiny sculptures from metal parts...what can't you do ? Shocked cheers

Are some of the pieces print-plates from electronics ? What is the head of the Dragin fly ?
Such fantastic fantasy, to find the fine parts for such delicate figures cheers
How on earth did you make those wings on the dragon fly scratch

They are MAGNIFICENT bounce Applause

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:24 pm

They are beautiful! So delicate. The dragonfly is just wonderful. Applause
How you make them? Do you cut the metal elements and make everything from scratch or you use some kind of set of elements to assemble? Smile

Thank you Anna! cheers I buy the laser-etched metal sheet, then cut out each piece and assemble them. Very Happy

Laughing Thanks Roger! I'm a fjord with many surprises Wink

LeeAnn, - you write books, repaint and etch models, ...make tiny sculptures from metal parts...what can't you do ? Shocked cheers

Are some of the pieces print-plates from electronics ? What is the head of the Dragin fly ?
Such fantastic fantasy, to find the fine parts for such delicate figures  cheers
How on earth did you make those wings on the dragon fly scratch

Laughing  what can't you do ?  That's a question I'm asked very often. Wink

Each metal sheet is laser etched, then I just put them together. I end up with several cuts and bloody fingers when I'm done Rolling Eyes The nice part is there's no glue - just folding over tabs! So no gluing my fingers together! cheers Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 am

Shocked So everybody is stealing my words here... Rogério, Susanne, how are you able to read in my mind ? Even before I already think these words drunken Applause You are very dangerous people Laughing Laughing Laughing

but I stll have a thing you didn't read. LeeAnn is also able to moderate exquisitely the STS forum cheers

So, as everyone here has already stole it: these insects are MAGNIFICENT bounce Applause

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:31 am

I'm trying to think of a comment that doesn't repeat everyone else, LeeAnn, you're amazing cheers

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Aww you guys Embarassed Thanks!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Cool:)

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:10 pm

Thank you Andreas sunny

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Quote :
I'm trying to think of a comment that doesn't repeat everyone else, LeeAnn, you're amazing

Same! There are no words for it, just amazing!!! Very Happy Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 am

Wow, they are amazing ! Both of them. And for me personally, I like very much Praying Mantis .. very interesting creature
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:16 am

Thank you Emma and Costa cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Insects by LeeAnn   Today at 2:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Metal Insects by LeeAnn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1