Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround

Go down 
+4
LukaLeon085
Carola
SUSANNE
widukind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:20 pm

You'd think living in the United States it would be easy to get any current model I wanted from Safari. Apparently not - the Icelandic is very difficult to get a hold of! I had to put in a special order at my favorite dealer (about two hours away) to get one. Still I ended up buying three so I could repaint some but you get the idea. Wink

I absolutely adore this model I love you Technically the hind right foot should be off the ground but of course that's not possible. I'll have to insert an acrylic rod in that hoof for my customs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gorgeous face drunken

Unfortunately all three of mine do have a stamp on the leg, but on the customs that will be covered up.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:07 am

Very nice horse:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:00 am

You are so right, - this model is a masterpiece , showing very fast competition-tölt cheers

I just can't wait to see the repaints you are going to make, - even if his colour already is wonderful bounce Very Happy
Fortunately this colour has become more common in Iceys.

Historically most roans in Iceland were of the type used as pack-horses in the North, so they were not elegant riding horses.
But as interest grew in Europe, the Farm Association offered a large prize for the first breeder, who could get a roan stallion into the top-breeding riding horse class, - that helped Wink
A problem is, that Roan is lethal in homozygote iceys, so you must never cross two roans, or 25 % of the foals are stillborne.

In Icelandic the colur is called litförott , meaning "Travels in colour". In Danish they are called Farveveksler, meaning "colour changer".

Iceys can have all traditional colours, except appaloosa, and overo and sabino paints.

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:50 am

Great model. Very powerful Very Happy Your photos show him very well.

And interesting Icey knowledge from Susanne cheers

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 2:58 am

wow tongue

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:22 am

I love this model, Susanne sent one as a gift to my niece and I almost wanted to forgot to give it to my niece! Laughing Kidding, I really loved that figure and got impressed but now it is in my niece hands and she loves it. I have the previous Schleich, curiously from my first trade with Susanne, I like even more the Safari but that Schleich is also a good figure. Thanks for walking around this fantastic horse! Wink

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:50 am

widukind wrote:
Very nice horse:)

He is sunny

SUSANNE wrote:
You are so right, - this model is a masterpiece , showing very fast competition-tölt cheers

I just can't wait to see the repaints you are going to make, - even if his colour already is wonderful bounce Very Happy
Fortunately this colour has become more common in Iceys.

Historically most roans in Iceland were of the type used as pack-horses in the North, so they were not elegant riding horses.
But as interest grew in Europe, the Farm Association offered a large prize for the first breeder, who could get a roan stallion into the top-breeding riding horse class, - that helped Wink
A problem is, that Roan is lethal in homozygote iceys, so you must never cross two roans, or 25 % of the foals are stillborne.

In Icelandic the colur is called litförott , meaning "Travels in colour". In Danish they are called Farveveksler, meaning "colour changer".

Iceys can have all traditional colours, except appaloosa, and overo and sabino paints.

cheers cheers cheers The Icey expert is here cheers cheers cheers

Carola wrote:
Great model. Very powerful Very Happy Your photos show him very well.

And interesting Icey knowledge from Susanne cheers

Thanks Carola! Very Happy

LukaLeon085 wrote:
wow tongue

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Roger wrote:
I love this model, Susanne sent one as a gift to my niece and I almost wanted to forgot to give it to my niece! Laughing Kidding, I really loved that figure and got impressed but now it is in my niece hands and she loves it. I have the previous Schleich, curiously from my first trade with Susanne, I like even more the Safari but that Schleich is also a good figure. Thanks for walking around this fantastic horse! Wink

IMHO this model is the best Icelandic model out there (not counting the Breyer SM). It would be just a touch better if it had a rod in the leg to keep it airborne, but I suppose that isn't easy to do on a mass-produced model. scratch

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 11:08 am

I'v liked this model since I saw him - he has nice color - though they would've done it better) and I really like the movement and his pose. That's quite common that various brands have made an Icey in this position but he has always been the best one I think. tongue cyclops How great you was finally able to get them then! I look forward to see your repainted versions of him Very Happy You know there was a time I was not so excited about doing repaints, but now I feel I need to start again xD Thank for the walk around LeeAnn! cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 11:19 am

The desire to paint/customize comes and goes for me, sometimes I'll go for months and not feel like doing anything. Then other days I'll get four done in a day Laughing

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 am

Very nice horse, congratulations LeeAnn! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 11:23 am

Thanks Anna Very Happy

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 11:52 am

LeeAnn wrote:
The desire to paint/customize comes and goes for me, sometimes I'll go for months and not feel like doing anything. Then other days I'll get four done in a day Laughing

Exactly! Very Happy Thanks for giving me that desire Laughing Laughing lol!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm pretty sure I didn't do it Razz

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:52 am

You did Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround   Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd. Icelandic Horse 154105 Walkaround
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: