So I was inspired by some of the work I've seen on here to both show off some of my repaints and tackle a few pieces tonight that I've been wanting to repaint for a while. My goal wasn't to make them look photo-real or anything. I'm content with them just matching some of the better painted off-the-shelf models. And sorry about using the flash; lighting is extremely poor in my apartment, especially in winter :)
First up is the Schleich cave bear. The original paint was actually flaking off whenever I used it in educational programs, so I gave it a new coat. In my collection, it stands in for a short-faced bear, which anatomically isn't correct but I gotta' work with what I got...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I've also never really cared for the paint job on the Schleich musk ox, so I gave it a touch up on the horns, back and legs...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And then Papo's bison... I originally purchased it because the scale worked well to represent a Bison antiquus
. However, I didn't like the paint job, especially compared to Safari's bison. Therefore it ended up in the drawer until tonight. I gave it a new paint job to better match the Safari one, and I think it came out well. Here it is (left) beside Safari's (right)...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And finally, I picked up Safari's cryptozoology Toob for the jackalope and furry trout (as a joke... They look like they fit right into an Ice Age menagerie!). So I gave the jackalope a bit of a touch-up to make it look a little bit better...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
If anyone's curious, I just use acrylic paints designed for RPG miniatures. So far, so good!