Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some of my Ice Age Repaints

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CWGross

Country/State : Canada

Some of my Ice Age Repaints Empty
PostSubject: Some of my Ice Age Repaints   Some of my Ice Age Repaints EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:46 am

So I was inspired by some of the work I've seen on here to both show off some of my repaints and tackle a few pieces tonight that I've been wanting to repaint for a while. My goal wasn't to make them look photo-real or anything. I'm content with them just matching some of the better painted off-the-shelf models. And sorry about using the flash; lighting is extremely poor in my apartment, especially in winter :)

First up is the Schleich cave bear. The original paint was actually flaking off whenever I used it in educational programs, so I gave it a new coat. In my collection, it stands in for a short-faced bear, which anatomically isn't correct but I gotta' work with what I got...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've also never really cared for the paint job on the Schleich musk ox, so I gave it a touch up on the horns, back and legs...

And then Papo's bison... I originally purchased it because the scale worked well to represent a Bison antiquus. However, I didn't like the paint job, especially compared to Safari's bison. Therefore it ended up in the drawer until tonight. I gave it a new paint job to better match the Safari one, and I think it came out well. Here it is (left) beside Safari's (right)...

And finally, I picked up Safari's cryptozoology Toob for the jackalope and furry trout (as a joke... They look like they fit right into an Ice Age menagerie!). So I gave the jackalope a bit of a touch-up to make it look a little bit better...

If anyone's curious, I just use acrylic paints designed for RPG miniatures. So far, so good!
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Ice Age Repaints   Some of my Ice Age Repaints EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:49 am

Very nice. I like what you've done with them.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Ice Age Repaints   Some of my Ice Age Repaints EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:13 am

Nice repaints :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Ice Age Repaints   Some of my Ice Age Repaints EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Nice work Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Ice Age Repaints   Some of my Ice Age Repaints Empty

Back to top Go down

Some of my Ice Age Repaints
Page 1 of 1