Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”

Go down 
+7
scot(t)
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
REBOR_Studio
Kikimalou
Takama
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  Empty
PostSubject: New for 2015: Utahraptor   REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:31 am

Ok it seems Rebor has not been posting here as much as they used to. so i thought i do them a favor.

Quote :

Dear fans and collectors! Time to reveal the new member of REBOR dinosaur collectibles! Come and meet REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica nickname “Wind Hunter”.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This amazing replica comes with articulated lower jaw and rotatable forelimbs to allow more poses, and it can either be mounted on the polystone base as a fine desktop displaying statue or removed from the base to interact with other dinosaur replicas, such as building your own dioramas.  

Like what we did with our King T-rex replica we are only showing you the greyscale image for now, coloured official photos will be released on the 15th of January, we always spend lots of efforts on colour scheme designing to create realistic and natural looking animals so we want to save the best part for last!

Qhoted from the Dino Toy Forum
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:44 am

Thanks for posting this Takama!

I like this much more than the Tyrannosaurus or Yutyrannus. Those are solid models, but not my style (the T. rex has a JP "monster movie" feel to it, and the Yutyrannus feel excessively naked -- I prefer the recent Wild Safari Yutyrannus to the Rebor).

If I could change anything about this Utahraptor, I'd have loved to see the artist include primaries. This model and the recent Carnegie Velociraptor are similar in this respect.

But this is just entitled whining...it's a really lovely sculpt!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:51 am

I agree with Scott, the first models seemed very well made but at last this one is the kind I could love, far from JP style. 1/35 means it would be small... And maybe not too expensive!! In such a case I will try to do something to improve my diinos collection Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 am

Interesting dinosaur :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks for posting. I don't know if REBOR is posting it in other boards but maybe it is because those are not yet final pictures. Also, they already "fished" some fans to their FB page building an good basis what could also be an explanation. Anyway, I hope I am wrong and that we keep having these news directly from REBOR even considering our community of dino enthusiasts is not big. :)
I am an enthusiast of REBOR design and this one looks also amasing to me. :)

REBOR_Studio

Country/State : London/UK

PostSubject: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:24 am

We are fearless for we are many.

We chase.

We conquer.

We slaughter.

We devour.

We are wind hunters.

We rule the land.

We hope you like this photo of our Utahratpor, just look like a movie poster isn’t it! Since we have mentioned the articulated lower jaws and forelimbs of this new replica, we made this picture as a demonstration of how you can pose the Utahraptor in different ways, and if you got more than one of him? Wow imagine what you can do with them such as creating a sauropod bring down diorama!

The colour scheme designing was inspired by the modern animals, we’ve noticed that nearly all living large birds, especially birds of prey have dark coloured feathers, therefore by considering the size of Utahraptor, which is around 7 metres, it is no way that they should look like parrots. The raven-like dark bluish grey colour feels natural and realistic, which suits this creature quite well.

The polystone base is painted with the colour of the red sandstone structure in Arches National Park of Utah where Utahraptor was discovered. A skull bone of Utahraptor was sculpted on the base to add more details to this diorama.

We really love what we did to the wings, the sculpt of feathers on the wings are already impressive enough yet we decide to paint patterned white spots carefully on every single flight and tail feather to offer even more details to this piece of art!

Although to fully achieve this complicated colour scheme is very difficult during mass production, however we love challenges and we have already solved the problems in our way. Like always, we will ensure each single one of our product looks as good as the one in our official photo!

Though we’ve finished for today?

Nope! And here comes another heavy bomb!

This is the tease image of our next product, which dinosaur can this be?

The answer: Too obvious! But can you also guess the species correctly?

Anyway we’re really hoping that these announcements can make fans and collectors happy for the whole day. Don’t forget the feeling when you saw these amazing creatures in museum as a child for the first time, don’t forget that familiar tear-dropping goosebum-bringing theme song played along when these giant beasts made their appearance on big screens back to 1993. Hold on to what we love the most and let’s all work together to make dinosaur collectibles mean something again!

And until next time!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:40 am

WOW ! ONE MORE fantastic dino Shocked
That utahraptor is absolutely fabulous, - perhaps the best one till now ? bounce
Every detail is amazing, as far as I can see Applause

Perhaps you can also make one that is not a Theropod some day ?
I know terapods are fascinating.
But I would love to see what your artist(s?) can make out of f.inst. an angry ceratops-bull Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:52 am

I like it very much! Cool painting I think, the little white dots on the feathers are very nice touch Very Happy
And the posable arms and jaws make a possibility to create diverse poses so multiple figures will look very natural as a hunting group, just like on the poster you made.
Great work! cheers
Now, just an idea: make also version in nuptial plumage, with a bit of colours around the head for example Very Happy I would see the face with some more red/orange dots and perhaps few colourful feathers around the head also? bounce And then maybe the dots could turn light blue? Very Happy

Something like this as a colour version?  Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Very nice:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:55 am

It's a Ceratosaurus ... dentisulcatus? (I don't know.)
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 7:44 am

I would recognize Ceratosaurus nasicornis anywhere!

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Ana wrote:
I like it very much! Cool painting I think, the little white dots on the feathers are very nice touch Very Happy
And the posable arms and jaws make a possibility to create diverse poses so multiple figures will look very natural as a hunting group, just like on the poster you made.
Great work! cheers
Now, just an idea: make also version in nuptial plumage, with a bit of colours around the head for example Very Happy I would see the face with some more red/orange dots and perhaps few colourful feathers around the head also? bounce And then maybe the dots could turn light blue? Very Happy

Something like this as a colour version?  Laughing

Oooh! NICE!
I like that idea, Ana. Applause

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 am

I find it again another spectacular design from REBOR! cheers
I've read somewhwer about a sensationalistic design as it was a kind of negative thing. Laughing
I also don't like sensationalism, it promotes often wrong knowledge and is negative to the efforts of conservation of animals with bad reputation due to this sensationalism. :)
OK, I understand that if there is a tv program giving a bad reputation to a wolf or a toy featuring it as the bad guy, it can give a bad idea bout the animal to common sense and work in a negative way to its preservation. But what's the sense of it with extinct animals? Will people start killing utahraptors fearing that they will start eating their chickens? geek
I also don't believe that most dino collectors gained their enthusiasm about dinosaurs when they discovered how pacific creatures they are. I enjoy the serenity we can see in Mojo extant animal predators but I also enjoy the fearsome looking of some prehistoric hunters. Always, as long as it doesn't turn the figure pathetic what is not the case.
Congratulations REBOR, your company is bringing a new level of quality to Dino toy industry and your figures are incredible collectibles! cheers Thanks once more for sharing and we are all looking forward to see your ceratosaurus. bounce

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:25 am

I was right! yesssss.

Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus.

(What's the prize? It should be a discounted Ceratosaurus. C'mon REbor...pony up.  Very Happy  )
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:49 am

scot(t) wrote:
I was right! yesssss.

Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus.

(What's the prize? It should be a discounted Ceratosaurus. C'mon REbor...pony up.  Very Happy  )

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 3:01 am

When i first seen the Photos of this Utahraptor, i was not impressed. However, I see the photos of the model in real life, and i must say, I am impressed by the more feathering it has then the Yutyrannus. It goes to show that they are putting more effort into accuracy.

If i ever decide to start collecting these (Which is a major IF at this point in my life) this would be among the ones i get, along with the Acrocanthosaurus and Ceratoesaurus. The Yutyrannus is too under feathered (though they said that a more feathered version will be out in the future) and the Tyrannosaurus is a victim of Pop Culture expectancy from the public (Jurassic park like head).

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 am

I agree Takama. If I get a model by Rebor, it will most likely be the Utahraptor. I quite like it. The feathering, while not perfect, is much better than the feathering on the Yutyrannus (which was terribly disappointing for me).
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:30 pm

WOW, it´s amazing! Applause Go on Rebor! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:44 pm

A walkaround is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”    REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”  Empty

Back to top Go down

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter”
Page 1 of 1