Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models

Go down 
+9
scot(t)
Geospiza fortis
JonasV
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
koniminiatures
Wilorvise
LeeAnn
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models Empty
PostSubject: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:35 am

I bought a WS allosaurus a few years ago when they first came out, but the tail broke off mine shortly after .I've been meaning to replace the tail and customize it for a few years but only got around to it now.I made my allosaurus to be like the one in Dinosaur Revolution.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
As well as the new tail tip, I also added spines to the neck and bulked up the throat area, as it bothered me in the original how skinny it is. I'm also working on a base which should be finished soon. As well as the allosaurus, I painted these two Shapeways models back in November:
They are by David Krentz, and painted to look like the Dinosaur Revolution ones as well, since he sculpted both. To give an idea of scale, I included a US penny in the last photo.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:19 am

Great work! cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:40 am

Somehow the wheat penny makes it more epic than it is already. :)

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:14 am

I agree about the penny. Laughing Great diorama! I like the Allo's new colour scheme too - the slight reds make for an especially nice touch.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:29 am

Great work:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 am

They arewonderful cheers

I love the colours, they look both ancient and real , - and that diorama is fabulous Very Happy  Applause Applause

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:26 am

Awesome dinosaurs Very Happy Congratulations! I have watched Dinosaur Revolution too, I quite enjoyed the images of dinosaurs used in this production. However the  red with white mask colour scheme remind me some off the dark characters from productions like "Batman" or something Laughing Very Happy

BTW, was it in "Dinosaur Revolution" this story about tyrannosaurus living with broken jaw? (actually not even sure if it was story of tyrannosaurus or other big predatory dino, I just remember the story was quite interesting and based  on the real fossil records)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:15 pm

They're wonderful! cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Thank you all for the positive feedback!
Wilorvise wrote:
I used to use a Canadian quarter with a caribou on it for scale, but it seems I had misplaced it.

Ana wrote:

BTW, was it in "Dinosaur Revolution" this story about tyrannosaurus living with broken jaw? (actually not even sure if it was story of tyrannosaurus or other big predatory dino, I just remember the story was quite interesting and based  on the real fossil records)

Yes it was, however it was the allosaurus which had the broken jaw. The color is based on that one but I couldn't get myself to break his jaw.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 am

They are all really nice. I like the Allosaurus especially.

Wilorvise wrote:

My thought exactly! (well, I mean, I didn't entertain the word 'epic' but it's a better word than anything I thought.)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:47 am

I am glad you haven't broken his jaw! Laughing It is very well done and all looks great in that diorama. Very Happy

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:17 am

I like your repainted Allosaurus- it makes me look at this model differently- a few spines and face stripes is just what it needed! I've never bought through Shapeways, but I love that Triceratops and it tempts me whenever I see it.

I've never watched Dinosaur Revolution... Shocked Embarassed

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:46 am

Thanks Scot(t), Roger, and A.R. Garcia. A, if you do decide to order Shapeways, be sure to order one of the detail plastics as opposed to the "Strong and flexible" ones. It costs a little more but is very much worth it.

A.R.Garcia wrote:

I've never watched Dinosaur Revolution... Shocked Embarassed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My inspiration appears at the 1:38 mark. It was a nice show, and had great visuals, even if the animals acted a bit anthropomorphic.
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:37 pm

Here's the Antediluvian Tupuxuara, I finally gave it the paint job I had in mind for three years. Colors are based on the Sideshow model.
With the penny to give a sense of scale:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:13 am

Simple idea for a great result! Very Happy These creatures look so bizarre to me. It usually increases my interest but in this group of animals they seem all not viable to me. Though, scientists know what they are doing. Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:50 am

Thanks, Roger! (Though I realize that this is a bit late)

My apologies for my absence on the forum, I haven't really been making many sculptures, and therefore wasn't motivated for a while to come online much. I do have some other projects I am working on and hope to share them when I can.
I also just finished David Krentz's Stegosaurus which has also been sitting in my drawer since 2011:
The paint wasn't based on anything in particular-- I was going to give it spots like those on the Sideshow stegosaurus, but I thought it would look better without, particularly at this scale.
Now I'm off to do some 'new' pieces, though they aren't as new as they were when I originally intended to paint them.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Lovey work Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Applause
Cool model, very well painted :)) Bravo !

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:31 pm

Very nice!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:32 am

It is never late and it is great to see you're back! Very Happy Wonderful paintwork in an impressive bipedal stego! Very Happy

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:02 am

Really impressive. Even more considering the scale...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models   Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models Empty

Back to top Go down

Geospiza Fortis' Custom Models
Page 1 of 1