Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

cheers santa Time for the suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of December. Click here cheers santa

Share | 

The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard

Go down 

Choose your Wildlife figure for 2014
Papo Snow Leopard
35%
 35% [ 54 ]
CollectA Mountain Nyala
12%
 12% [ 18 ]
Mojo Pangolin
8%
 8% [ 13 ]
CollectA Southern Cassowary
7%
 7% [ 11 ]
CollectA Wild Water Buffalo
9%
 9% [ 14 ]
CollectA Diana Monkey
1%
 1% [ 2 ]
CollectA Pygmy Hippopotamus
9%
 9% [ 14 ]
CollectA Springbock
8%
 8% [ 12 ]
CollectA Tasmanian Devil
8%
 8% [ 12 ]
Mojo Sun Bear
3%
 3% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 156

AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:37 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm very proud to show you the 10 Wildlife finalists for 2014.
The poll will run during 7 days and only 1 vote per member is allowed.
At the end of 30th January we will know the results.
The winner will participate in the big 2014 toy animal figure final poll, together with other category winners.
Enjoy!  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:09 am

Voted

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:52 pm

wow! this one is really difficult Applause

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:56 pm

@Joan Milelire wrote:
wow! this one is really difficult Applause

I agree Laughing

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Impossible Shocked pale

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:01 pm

@Bonobo wrote:
Impossible Shocked pale

Yep Suspect What a Face

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:20 pm

At least I narrowed it down to two figures.
Now I think I'm just going to flip a coin..... Mad

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Last year the winner was the Mojo Gaur, who's next?  Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Voted !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:19 pm

@signatus wrote:
Voted !!

Congratulation cheers

sebillba

Country/State : Southsea, UK

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Easy vote for me, as there's only one monkey. monkey But I also really like the snow leopard.
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Voted!

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:56 pm

They are all fantastic Shocked

This wote seems to me to be just a question of taste, - they are all winning material Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:31 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:

This wote seems to me to be just a question of taste, - they are all winning material Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Yes it is a great selection king Even fantastic models were not selected, 2014 was a fantastic year for us indeed Wink

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:09 pm

Yeah,
I don't know how you people do it.
I flipped the coin between Cassowary(heads) and Pangolin(tail) and guess what?
It landed on its edge...

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:34 pm

I really love the snow leopard I have to say. He's great. I might even get him if I can Wink
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:40 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
@SUSANNE wrote:

Yes it is a great selection king  Even fantastic models were not selected, 2014 was a fantastic year for us indeed Wink

... Maybe: "Gold", "Silver" and "Bronze"? Wink Wink Cool

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:39 am

@Bloodrayne wrote:
Yeah,
It landed on its edge...

Laughing Try to use a flatter coin. Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:03 am

@Sergey wrote:
@Kikimalou wrote:
@SUSANNE wrote:

Yes it is a great selection king  Even fantastic models were not selected, 2014 was a fantastic year for us indeed Wink

... Maybe: "Gold", "Silver" and "Bronze"? Wink Wink Cool

And what will we do for the last seven ? Laughing Any of these models could be a legitimate Number one Applause cheers What a Face scratch Only one... A coin please ! Laughing

@Roger wrote:
@Bloodrayne wrote:
Yeah,
It landed on its edge...

Laughing Try to use a flatter coin. Wink

Laughing

If you can't choose between them, choose another one Laughing

Shardur

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:00 pm

A hard choice indeed. scratch
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Shocked  cheers drunken At last, 144 votes for now cheers  in 2013 it was "only" 143   Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was afraid it would never happened What a Face

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Yes, this is the hot poll! Laughing cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] MY collection of FOXES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Foxes I'm searching! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 am

So, ladies and gentlemen, trumpets and drums bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure is the PAPO Snow leopard   Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause

Below the final ranking:  cheers

1 - Papo Snow Leopard
 2 - CollectA Mountain Nyala
 3 - CollectA Pygmy Hippopotamus
 3 - CollectA Wild Water Buffalo
 5 - Mojo Pangolin
 6 - CollectA Springbock
 6 - CollectA Tasmanian Devil
 8 - CollectA Southern Cassowary
 9 - Mojo Sun Bear
10 - CollectA Diana Monkey

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:22 am

I'm a little bit disappointed by the new wildlife figure of this year, I was expecting the Mojo Fun pangolin, THIS is an original figure Very Happy However, I have the snow leopard and I understand why it is the winner of this cathegory Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:27 am

A beauuutyful winner cheers

I also expected the pangolin, but a snow leopard is perhaps more appealing, - and this one is fabulous Applause Applause

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:34 am

And a few more stats ?  Very Happy

Number of votes: 156 (143 for 2013)

Brands on the final poll: CollectA (7), Mojo (2) and Papo (1) ( The same brands for 2013)

Number of lists for the first round: 42 (40 for 2013)

Number of models listed in the first round: 66 (57 for 2013)

Number of brands listed in the first round: 9 (8 for 2013)

Number of species listed in the first round: 54 (I can’t remember for 2013  Embarassed  )

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:07 am

@Florian wrote:
I'm a little bit disappointed by the new wildlife figure of this year, I was expecting the Mojo Fun pangolin, THIS is an original figure Very Happy However, I have the snow leopard and I understand why it is the winner of this cathegory Very Happy

I voted for the CollectA springbock for the same kind of reasons, but it seems Florian is Florian, Kikimalou is Kikimalou and STS is STS Laughing

Nevertheless, I think that all the ten finalists are really great models and some non finalist too Wink

Also, even if Papo Snow leopard is the number one by far, Papo have only one model in the top ten, Mojo two and CollectA seven. IMHO a true summary of 2014 wildlife production Very Happy

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:25 pm

Not only because it was my personal project but also because it is my favorite figure, I voted in Mojo pangolin, though, I am very happy with its performance, pangolins are not the most impressive and popular creatures and to be on top5 in one of the best years in this hobby is a very meritory result!
I haven't listed Papo snow leopard in my top10 because I don't consider one of the 10 best figures for me, though, I find it a spectacular and very attractive one. That's one of the interests of these polls, to know what is the general taste. I am not surprised with the result, it was actually expectable. Besides the pangolin, my favorite was mountain niala that won 2nd place. When we don't see Kiki macaque or both Papo and Mojo lions, it shows how good and competitive was this year. I was also expecting that Schleich flying fox could be the flag of Schleich for 2014 but it also haven't found a place on top10.
Christophe, who won the lions battle? Wink

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Mojo lion ( 9 ) Versus Papo lion ( 8 ) Wink   A consolation prize Laughing

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Thank you for these statistics, Very Happy Applause
I am embarrassed for me, behold wildlife collector I still do not have in my possession of top 1 of this survey! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Of course, the snow leopard seduced me, but I find it something of bizzar, in his eyes I think!
Also I have never had in my hands to apreciate its contours! scratch
about statistics, I have the rest of the top ten. happy sunny
As for the winner in 2013 the top Indian gaur Mojo; iI still not returned to my collection! study Suspect
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Oh I didn't expectet that, for me it was one of the biggest disappointments this year together with the sun bear. 
I voted for the wild buffalo, because I was in love when I've seen him the first time. Also the pangolin was one of the best, and I was sure it will win, but he wasn't my favourite because of his size. 
Anyway congratulation to the snow leopard. Very Happy And thanks for this hard work, dear admins! Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:07 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
Mojo lion ( 9 ) Versus Papo lion ( 8 ) Wink   A consolation prize Laughing

Thanks Kiki! monkey That's a fair result, they seem to be of a similar quality. More exciting and detailed the Papo but more accurate and balanced the Mojo. We have a new King! cheers king

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:20 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
So, ladies and gentlemen, trumpets and drums bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure is the PAPO Snow leopard   Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause  Applause

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:53 pm

I`m happy :)
I think that this model deserves to be a winner of wildlife 2014..and not only.. Wink

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 am

I think these are all dream figures in one way or another. For this poll I joined the Pangolin Appreciation Society but they are all worthy candidates and I am glad I don't have to make such a choice again.

There was something about the snow leopard's face or eyes for me, too. scratch  But this was also the case with the puma in some pictures and I really like it in person, so I expect something similar with this leopard.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 am

Actually, I bought the snow leopard of the pic because of his eyes Laughing In the shop, this one had the most amazing look Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard   

Back to top Go down

The STS 2014 Wildlife Figure of the year: Papo Snow leopard
Page 1 of 1