Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

something else to do with your horses...

Go down 
+8
Jennypurr
Jetty
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
AlphaMareArt
SUSANNE
Dark Pegasus
LeeAnn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jetty

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

horses - something else to do with your horses... Empty
PostSubject: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:44

horses - something else to do with your horses... 10955_10
came across this one on facebook... it is to hang your coat on..... very funny in the stables...
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:53

These make me so sad Sad

Jetty

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 16:41

LeeAnn wrote:
These make me so sad Sad
Sorry Sad dont want you to feel bad......... if it makes you feel better , these had broken legs.... and one had the tail and leg broken off.....
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 16:58

No that's okay Smile  It's just such a waste for me of a good Breyer to chop it in half and stick it on a piece of wood. What's the use? Even if it's broken it can still be customized. Besides, the person doing this probably has no idea what these Breyers might be worth - what if they chop up a chalky, or a model with a blue ribbon sticker? affraid They could sell just that one horse for more than the set of three half-horses combined! I wonder what they do with the other half...

Dark Pegasus

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 21:17

That's very interestning idea ! But the other way ... the worst clothes hanger that I ever seen was made from deer's feet ... brrr

http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/

horses - something else to do with your horses... Dscf8711
Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 21:32

I don't like it either, but thanks for showing anyway Laughing

Dark Pegasus wrote:
That's very interestning idea ! But the other way ... the worst clothes hanger that I ever seen was made from deer's feet ... brrr

affraid Ultimate bad taste Evil or Very Mad

AlphaMareArt

AlphaMareArt

Country/State : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 22:36

I've seen these on Etsy, don't really care for them much.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 23:26

I think they are interesting, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Unless the model was severely damaged. And I've seen other things like this on Pinterest, but I've seen the carnage of Safari ltd. and Schleich figures repainted gold or silver to be decorative wedding table pieces etc., and all I can think of is... I needed that in my collection. Crying or Very sad
On the other hand, I could do it with like a dollar store figure. I have seen larger cheap dinos turned into toothbrush holders etc.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 23:47

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I think they are interesting, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Unless the model was severely damaged. And I've seen other things like this on Pinterest, but I've seen the carnage of Safari ltd. and Schleich figures repainted gold or silver to be decorative wedding table pieces etc., and all I can think of is... I needed that in my collection. Crying or Very sad
On the other hand, I could do it with like a dollar store figure.  I have seen larger cheap dinos turned into toothbrush holders etc.

Good point. Please, chop up the cheap replaceable models, not the ones that are still wanted. bounce

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 11:25

I get LeeAnn's point - that's one of the most interesting Breyers I've ever seen and someone decided to slaughter all those three beauties Sad Very Happy But I like that idea a lot! It would be nice try something like that with Schleich cyclops

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
Jetty

Jetty

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 16:14

I don't know a lot about breyer, did not know these are specials, I thought the idea was funny, but when you love breyer this would be painfull..... sorry for that Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 17:22

Jetty wrote:
I don't know a lot about breyer, did not know these are specials, I thought the idea was funny, but when you love breyer this would be painfull..... sorry for that Crying or Very sad

I think it's great idea still! Very Happy Very Happy Those horses surely have a very special place wherever they are holding someones jackets Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 6:37

LeeAnn wrote:
These make me so sad Sad

I've seen worse during Breyerfest in the room sales.  Heads removed from the bodies and decorated as Christmas ornaments or glued to magnets.  I have one of each - the ornament is a FAS head & neck; the magnet is the head of Le Fire.  Shocked

And then there's the model horse bodies turned into chalkboards.  The first ones I saw for sale were on Etsy.  I don't own one of those. scratch
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 6:39

JonasV wrote:
Jetty wrote:

I think it's great idea still! Very Happy Very Happy Those horses surely have a very special place wherever they are holding someones jackets Very Happy

As long as the jackets aren't too heavy nor the room too warm where the coat hanger is located.
Back to top Go down
googie212

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 1:41

What a mean thing to do to those beautiful horses! Crying or Very sad

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 12:18

Jennypurr wrote:
JonasV wrote:
Jetty wrote:

As long as the jackets aren't too heavy nor the room too warm where the coat hanger is located.

Yep Very Happy Very Happy Maybe it'd be good for leashes Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

PostSubject: something else to do with your horses..   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptySat 4 Apr 2015 - 18:29

What a Face My niece wondered how those Pacers were attached to the board.  The bodies are hollow so, unless whoever made the coat hanger filled the bodies with something solid, those horses wouldn't be able to hold up anything heavier than a leash. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 16:12

Ouch Neutral

On Dutch sites, I come across lots of people who glue animal figurines on jars and paint them. I always feel so bad when I recognise Schleich models.. Crying or Very sad

horses - something else to do with your horses... Oude-speel-dieren-boven-op-een-deksel-plakken-en-verven-maar.1377424836-van-daniquederidder

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 17:33

Oh indeed, I recognize them. I have the same feeling, when I recognize a figure Sad

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 19:36

This is why people should just do these things to the cheaper Made in China figures, instead of ruining perfectly good toys for kids or great figures for collectors. Crying or Very sad

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 19:40

NightLioness wrote:
Oh indeed, I recognize them. I have the same feeling, when I recognize a figure Sad

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
This is why people should just do these things to the cheaper Made in China figures, instead of ruining perfectly good toys for kids or great figures for collectors. Crying or Very sad

Indeed, if I see this, I want to lay down on the ground and start crying.. pale

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 21:44

Tarunyada wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Indeed, if I see this, I want to lay down on the ground and start crying.. pale

I felt the same a few years ago, when there was a guy at the local toy fairs who had bought, rescued from a shed, a huge lot of buildings and old lead figures, farm, zoo & circus, from a permanent display at a long closed down museum of circuses, fairgrounds, zoos, etc.
Unfortunately, whoever had originally made this display had repainted most of them, Sad  so they were ruined for collectors such as myself.
However I did find a few figures which had escaped the attentions of his (the original display maker - not the dealer who was selling them), including a very nice Britains circus clown, and one of the original maker's better creations, a nice zoo pool enclosure, suitable for seals, penguins, flamingos, pelicans, or similar.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 10:22

I don't know if it's the colors but I LOVE those jars! So nice idea! cheers Maybe if those animals were some oldies that'd be different I guess.. That's art! Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 11:26

JonasV wrote:
I don't know if it's the colors but I LOVE those jars! So nice idea! cheers Maybe if those animals were some oldies that'd be different I guess.. That's art! Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Yep, that's the difference.
It doesn't matter if people want to paint, cut, or do whatever they want to current items, or even non current if they're common and not really collectable, such as HK copies.
But rare oldies - no. affraid No
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 19:46

DaveScriv wrote:
JonasV wrote:

Yep, that's the difference.
It doesn't matter if people want to paint, cut, or do whatever they want to current items, or even non current if they're common and not really collectable, such as HK copies.
But rare oldies - no. affraid No

Exactly! I do that pretty often myslef too when customizing horses you know Very Happy Laughing

No, not the old treasures geek

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something else to do with your horses...   horses - something else to do with your horses... Empty

Back to top Go down

something else to do with your horses...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next