Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? Empty
PostSubject: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:40 am

I'm admittedly desperately searching for this horse, anyone know what the brand is or where I can buy one? It's suspected that it's from some model railroad kit. Anyone recognize it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:54 am

I don't know. But it looks like a copy of the traditional breyer mold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But you probably knew that already.
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:40 am

Maybe photoscaned and than 3D printed?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:59 am

It is LOVELY !!! I hope you find one Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Model railroad models are mostly painted i think. I think this looks more like a figure like Revell or anything else:)

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't know. But it looks like a copy of the traditional breyer mold [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But you probably knew that already.

That's why I'm looking for him Laughing

Model railroad models are mostly painted i think. I think this looks more like a figure like Revell or anything else:)

The person that owns this one said it looks like he is glued together from a kit scratch But of course I'm not set on that idea.

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Beautiful little horse drunken I like the realism it has Applause

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 3:33 am

I just perused a site with unpainted figures as well as the usual painted ones.  Most of the unpainted figures were animals though there were a few packages of unpainted humans.

But I have seen a similar equine figure of the same size.  It was a toy set from the 20-mule-team Borax Company.  Found one here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can see the mules are made in 2 pieces which one would glue together.

I would guess the micro mini "Old Timer" probably came from some model railroad figurines company.
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:12 am

I don't recognise the specific figure, but in style I'd say almost definitely Preiser, they have produced a lot of new-sculpt horse-drawn military stuff in the last few years, but they don't tend to have heavy collars as they pull in teams with traces running along the sides (? I'm not a horse furniture expert!!!), so it's probably an older cart or wagon horse from the 70's, re-issued in one of the large unpainted sets.

Their output and back catalogue is now vast, so worth a dig, you'll find the horses you want there....somewhere! Smile.

Noch have also got into high quality figures in recent years, I don't if they've done horses though?

Widukind is right too, it looks a lot like the Accurate ACW artillery horses (also issued by Revell), but it's not got the outrider's saddle's most of the military subjects have?....

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Thank you! I searched all through Preiser and didn't find anything, but I did eventually find him after a lot of digging, he's made by Highway Products. cheers

Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Congrats. :)

PostSubject: Re: Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?   Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Model railroad cart horse? Brand? Where can I get one?
Page 1 of 1