Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:40 am

Over a month ago I payed $50 for four schleich animals! Shocked affraid  I have to admit I was a little shocked at the checkout. So is it just me, or are these "so called" children's figurines becomming much more expensive?

I've been doing some research for some friends here and have come across different branded models which I was surprised to see were so cheap!!! study study study
A tube of ten safari ltd models were $17! The price of one large schleich animal alone! 

It is becomming more difficult for me to afford these figurines  No
If the price rises anymore, I won't be able to afford very many Sad  Are they worth it???
Also, schleich caters for children, not collectors. So children would have allot more trouble then me, to get a much wanted figurine!

flower

Last edited by Emma on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:41 am

You're right, these last few years the prices have gone up. To me it's not worth it anymore, so I rarely buy Schleich anymore. Sad

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:44 am

Up in price, down in quality unfortunately. Mad Evil or Very Mad

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:54 am

So, by quality, do you mean by material, colour, texture or realism? confused

I'm not sure what to think? Have the figures improved or not? Judging by the older models I'd say that they've improved in realism. But then again, I'm definitely not an expert Smile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:58 am

cattlecollector wrote:
Up in price, down in quality unfortunately. Mad Evil or Very Mad

EXACTLY Sad

Emma wrote:

I'm not sure what to think? Have the figures improved or not? Judging by the older models I'd say that they've improved in realism. But then again, I'm definitely not an expert Smile

I think most of them have declined in charm, - especially the horses Suspect

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:08 pm

Emma wrote:

To me, the quality is down by paintwork, material, and just overall appeal. Perhaps some of the wildlife has improved (but to me again very very few pieces, I like the older pieces better), but the horses definitely not.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:13 pm

I have to confes that sometimes I feel a bit arrow alien   alien here.
The one and only who is still fond of the brand. I can't help it, if I didn't like them, I wouldn't buy them! Wink
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:21 pm

I was just thinking of this today as I bought four (2 Gray, 1 Yellow, 1 red) Schleich animals for almost $30. The thing I don't understand is that the rattlesnake (which was out of stock) and ostrich were the same price. scratch . Shouldn't the snakes be green? The baby panda was green. The Koalas were yellow when I saw them at the store, which is even stranger as they were as much as the zebras. Shocked The new tiger also went from yellow to gray. I understand prices do go up, but it is a little strange in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:57 pm

Emma wrote:
The one and only who is still fond of the brand. I can't help it, if I didn't like them, I wouldn't buy them! Wink

You're far from the only one Very Happy I'm still fond of the old models, just not the ones being produced now.

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:58 pm

Emma wrote:

I'm still buying their horses cheers

..oh...wait I'm also alien.. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:00 pm

lol! No one is a real alien at STS Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:58 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Emma wrote:

You're far from the only one Very Happy I'm still fond of the old models, just not the ones being produced now.

Indeed, you are not the only one that still likes Schleich Wink
I recently bought the new Tinker stallion, made in Tunisia.
And I bought the new tiger, two cats and the cobra and I'm waiting for the rattlesnake, arctic wolf and tiger cub :3 My main collection still contains more Schleich than other brands :)

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:31 pm

All brands become more expensive, that is inflation.

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:01 pm

Yes they are getting more expensive and I also noticed that they only produce very few figures in Germany left. And I'm absolutely with Geospiza fortis I don't check their price politics anymore, a macaw is more expensive than a ostrich which is three times bigger.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:06 pm

Very dissapointing about the price Sad

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who still likes schleich though Wink
Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 pm

Schleich created that grey colour category a few years ago and shifted all the larger models into that. I then noticed in the last few years that animals in previous colour bands and new models of the same size have all shifted up a category colour.

Many newer models have also become smaller. If the price of oil has recently gone down why is this not reflected in model prices? Smaller models are now banded in the higher fee category which is quite naughty of them

I wondered why they would do this and I think it is to make the brand more exclusive - the more expensive the more exclusive and the more better deals they can give to stores that stock their products pushing others out of the market. Parents are happy to money for an exclusive brand and it is all about marketing.

I will always buy schleich but I have just had to spend nearly 100 euros ordering all the new wildlife models from Amazon - what has the world come to? I can't buy anything for a while now......oh well. That is life.

Still I dont smoke or drink alcohol so I am sure I am making a saving somewhere.......? ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:47 pm

Laughing  Well as least it was 100 euros because in New Zealand it would be more like $200nz pale Everything doubles Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:17 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

Very true.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:20 am

I still buy Schleich. It's a big beginning of the year expense. I love many of Schleich's models this year. I've been extremely impressed by the figures, especially when I've seen them in person. The Alligator, Crocodile, Rattlesnake, Hyena, Kentrosaurus, Eurasian Owl, for example, have all been great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:18 am

I'm pleased with them too bounce cheers 
Perhaps its just the horses that need more work study scratch
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

That is my thought too. I think it's the general changes in economy. Almost everything gets more and more expensive(in my country that is) - food, everyday goods etc.

-----

Anyway, I also still like many of Schleich's models, and I think they have improved in some areas of texturing detail and paintwork - but that be regarding Germany/Portugal produced models, while the Chinese are not always that neat. But that is just my personal opinion Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Carola wrote:
but that be regarding Germany/Portugal produced models, while the Chinese are not always that neat. But that is just my personal opinion Very Happy

I would like to see a comparrison between Germany, Portugal and Chinese figures please. Does anyone have one particular figure from those three countries  question Very Happy bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:49 pm

arafan wrote:
Yes they are getting more expensive and I also noticed that they only produce very few figures in Germany left. And I'm absolutely with Geospiza fortis I don't check their price politics anymore, a macaw is more expensive than a ostrich which is three times bigger.

Yes, but Papo is the same. The baby t-rex are much more expensive than a bear or a horse, and they also bigger.

I will still buy Schleich and Papo.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:58 am

Emma wrote:

I would like to see a comparrison between Germany, Portugal and Chinese figures please. Does anyone have one particular figure from those three countries  question  Very Happy bounce bounce bounce

Have you looked here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks, thats very interesting! I had no idea they were so different! affraid My local store seems to stock only chineese  and german ones!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:46 pm

2014: New sheep <= 4,79 euros.
2015: Exactly same sheep, but now with black coat <= 4,99 euros.
Applause    

Evil or Very Mad

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:12 pm

3,69 Euros [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cheers

4,49 Euros [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Here it would be $8 Sad
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:59 am

I don't know about you but I'm getting more miserly Razz Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 am

SUSANNE wrote:
3,69 Euros [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cheers

4,49 Euros [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Exactly.
Comparing Spielzeug-guenstig 2014 white sheep = 3,53 euros
With Spielzeug-guenstig 2015 black sheep = 4,49 euros, makes it obvious that Schleich is increasing their prices.

(My first example was comparing both sheep on MPV.)

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:06 pm

I buy them kinda cheap ... No complaints ...
€4.50 for the big horses ...

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:00 pm

You are right, but I wish you weren't! I wish they made them cheaper in other words!

.:Lucky:.

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:57 am

I know some places are raising the prices past what Schleich charges. For instance, I was trying to buy one that should have been $3.50, but it came out as $7.00. When I pointed this out to the lady at the store, she said that they didn't follow Schleichs prices. Where are you buying yours from?
Back to top Go down
Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:31 am

.:Lucky:. wrote:
I know some places are raising the prices past what Schleich charges. For instance, I was trying to buy one that should have been $3.50, but it came out as $7.00. When I pointed this out to the lady at the store, she said that they didn't follow Schleichs prices. Where are you buying yours from?

Gosh that's pretty bad business sense, charging double and ignoring Schleich's own pricing structure. Where was this? Shocked
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:23 am

The contrary is happening in most of Denmark these days.
Some of the big suer markets has begun to sell select models at seriously reduced prices, and several E-shops have followed the German prices !!! cheers

Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
The contrary is happening in most of Denmark these days.
Some of the big super markets has begun to sell select models at seriously reduced prices, and several E-shops have followed the German prices !!! cheers

cheers That's not a bad thing :)
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Typically I think that unless you've signed a contract, the USA has a MSRP or Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which is just that, suggested - it doesn't mean select organizations will take that as a literal. But sellers should definitely post, or otherwise clearly mark, what they are charging whether individually or by the color code price chart...

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:57 am

Oh wow there pretty expensive!

Well they are pretty cheap in Finland....for now
Back to top Go down
.:Lucky:.

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Ice_twin wrote:

Gosh that's pretty bad business sense, charging double and ignoring Schleich's own pricing structure. Where was this? Shocked

It was at a local zoo, although I know some farm stores are taking up Schleich's prices as well.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Country/State : USA /// Pacific Northwest

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:17 pm

I had wondered if prices went up this year. I bought a pug male from a local farm store and it was marked $2.99 with a 2014 store label because he was missing his Schleich tag. Apparently the price increased because he rang up $3.49 at the register, although they let me have him for the marked price.

Does anyone have a list of the retail prices for the colored dots in 2015? Stores near me don't bother to list the prices, so it is always a surprise when I pay at the counter.

Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:41 pm

It was at a local zoo, although I know some farm stores are taking up Schleich's prices as well.

Yeah, zoos are... well, I approach their gift shops as "non-deductable donations". Though I am pleasantly surprised occasionally.

Country/State : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:14 am

I buy very few Schleich in shops because of the price, finding most of them on online retailers where there can be a discount of up to 20% - or ebay!

I don't mind buying second hand because the quality of the figures is still very good, the biggest problem I've had to deal with is some scuffs on the paint...not a big deal
Back to top Go down
*Valencia Stables*

Country/State : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:31 pm

They are, for the single animals. For the sets they tend to range, such as the new tournament arena is only $70, and considering the fact of their earlier prices(such as $150 for the red barn), they have plummeted, and dropped. It really depends on what your looking at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???   

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or is schleich getting more expensive???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1