Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ever decided on Changing your ways?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Ever decided on Changing your ways? Empty
PostSubject: Ever decided on Changing your ways?   Ever decided on Changing your ways? EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 2:42

Dont take that title out of context. I recent decided to change my ways of Collecting. Long story short. I wont be buying as meany Dinosaur Toy models as i used to. Mainly because i found someone whose willing to create my own for a price. This means, that i wont be updating my threads for Papo, Geoworld, Schelich, and CollectA Dinosaurs. I will still be getting Battat, and maybe Safari. but this is all I will be going for. as i need to make room for my commissioned models (which you can buy too) and my other hobby which was just resurrected (Bionicle)

This does not mean im leaving, I just wont have anything new to show in my threads for a while.

Have you ever decided to make a change to your ways of collecting?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ever decided on Changing your ways?   Ever decided on Changing your ways? EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 7:53

Ohh, yes !
Funny thing is, I almost decided to stop collecting all Schleich, - I am especially tired of their new horses Rolling Eyes
At the other side I am getting more and more fond of the old composition-models, especially their monkeys Very Happy

But, but, - you just HAVE to show us your own new dinos, - commisioned or not Shocked Please, please bounce bounce Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Ever decided on Changing your ways?   Ever decided on Changing your ways? EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 9:57

Yep! The last couple of months I have cleaned a big deal out of my cabinet and only focusing on the real beauties in my eyes. Also I'm getting more Kitan Club and Kaiyodo animals into my collection more and more. I have started collection Border Collies (the ones that I really like) and now reaching the 14 BC XD

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Ever decided on Changing your ways?   Ever decided on Changing your ways? EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 9:58

I've changed many times my way of collecting. Wink

When I began, I only tried to collect animal toys I dreamed about when I was young: 1/32 scale plastic models from the 50's to the 70's.

On this path, I felt on older hollowcast lead and composition toys, so I enlarged my collection range.

Then I just couldn't resist to some "accurate" modern dinosaur toys and I enlarged again my realm.

My guidelines then was no modern style wild animals, no farm life, no sea life, no horses, no pets and no resin or handmade models.

I broke my vaults several time and I collect for years now Modern sea life, wildlife toys and of course Resin and homemade models from my STS friends I love you

My collection grew up and decreased several time and I even thought to put a final point on my collector's life last year.

Economy and personal behaviors decided me to reduce my collection again and to save money for buying more 3D or handmade models Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Ever decided on Changing your ways?   Ever decided on Changing your ways? EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 14:12

I think it's obvious I already have Laughing Embarassed

PostSubject: Re: Ever decided on Changing your ways?   Ever decided on Changing your ways? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever decided on Changing your ways?
Page 1 of 1