Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard

Go down 
+22
smilodoncalifornicus
WILLYBACOMAN
sebillba
costicuba
Ana
Bonobo
Sergey
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
cattlecollector
Jennypurr
Kikimalou
Roger
scot(t)
signatus
Dutch Bear
Carola
lunate
Juan Andrés
widukind
NightLioness
JonasV
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Elect the 2014 Animal figure of the year.
Papo snow leopard
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_lcap42%The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_rcap
 42% [ 62 ]
CollectA fallow deer
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_lcap17%The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_rcap
 17% [ 25 ]
Kitan Club leopard seal
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_lcap12%The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_rcap
 12% [ 18 ]
Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_lcap9%The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_rcap
 9% [ 13 ]
CollectA Ankole/Watusi bull
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_lcap9%The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_rcap
 9% [ 13 ]
Mojo Arabian mare in foal
 9% [ 13 ]
Papo Siberian husky
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_lcap2%The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Vote_rcap
 2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 149

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Empty
PostSubject: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:52 am

Ladies and Gentlemen Here are the 7 finalists for the STS 2014 figure of the year

Only one vote per members  Sad   Laughing 

The suspense will stop in 7 days, Sunday 8 February

Have fun  cheers 

Papo snow leopard
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Papo50160_Snow_Leopardjpgoriginal.jpeg_original

CollectA fallow deer
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Collecta88685.jpg_original

Kitan Club leopard seal
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard V_Kqx_Jt_HCFf.png_original

Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard N_EO_IMG_REBORT-_REXA_zps802e8daf.jpg_original

CollectA Watusi bull
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard 88648-1_zps17fcbd24.jpg_original

Mojo Arabian Mare in Foal
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard 14877986718_8d040f901f

Papo Siberian Husky
The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Papo54035_zps9577d289.jpg_original

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:46 am

Hmm this's hard... Not my favorites here ion the list but-- Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:56 am

Headache! Hard to choose, but I did it XD

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:56 am

I already voted and I am somewhat impressed but not completely surprised with the current results. It is still early and I hope people keeps voting even the winner turns obvious. Thanks for opening the final poll, Christophe! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:08 pm

That surely is a hard choice. All are great models scratch

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Voted:)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Not fond of the Rebor T.rex so I voted for an animal this time,even if I don't collect them.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:26 pm

A difficult choice but I have a good idea who will win Smile

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:35 pm

So tough! All these are just so well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Voted! bounce

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:47 pm

I specialy had a hard time choosing as none of these animals are my cup of tea.
But i did it.
And so many members have voted already.
That is a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:49 pm

I kind of missed a bird catagory in the pre-rounds.
Maybe an idee for 2016?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm surprised that so far the Trex hasn't gotten many votes! Surprised  It is so realistic! bounce But I can certainly see why the Snow Leopard is favoured Wink bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:48 pm

Voted !! :)

The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Likaon11 Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 12:01 am

Wish I knew of a store which carries all these brands so I could see them in person!  A photo only shows one side; sometimes creatures which look great from the side the photo is taken doesn't look as good from another perspective.  <sigh>  Que pasa .....
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:18 am

I'm a bit surprised that the snow leopard is winning. It seems like such an oddly proportioned model, and the face looks strange. scratch

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:01 am

cattlecollector wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that the snow leopard is winning. It seems like such an oddly proportioned model, and the face looks strange. scratch

I've heard this before, but I guess I don't see it. The snow leopard is not my favorite model of 2014 -- it's not even my favorite Papo model of 2014, I think that would be the Hippopotamus Cow. But I still find the Snow Leopard to be a real beauty.

I suspect this is more a matter of taste. I find the Rebor Tyrannosaurus to be unpleasantly proportioned and odd-looking. But I recognize that it's an extremely well-done model. Just not my style.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:08 am

Jennypurr wrote:
Wish I knew of a store which carries all these brands so I could see them in person!  A photo only shows one side; sometimes creatures which look great from the side the photo is taken doesn't look as good from another perspective.  <sigh>  Que pasa .....

That's why I love walkarounds Very Happy

cattlecollector wrote:

Maybe we could translate it like... It has a very strong personality? Wink

scot(t) wrote:

I suspect this is more a matter of taste. I find the Rebor Tyrannosaurus to be unpleasantly proportioned and odd-looking. But I recognize that it's an extremely well-done model. Just not my style.

I dislike this Trex too, for the same reasons What a Face
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:33 pm

So that's why I love these discussions and polls. I like the snow leopard but it is not among my favorites for 2014, though I recognize its appealing design and vibrant personality in a very detailed figure. The same opinion is valide to REBOR T-Rex. I like both figures, just not my absolute favorites. Interestingly I accept much better this kind of "show design" in an extinct than in an extant animal. Papo T-rexes are in my opinion as much monstruous and bizarre than it is the REBOR figureand it seems more or less consensual among collectors. Maybe because REBOR puts the Museum tag and Papo not... ??? scratch
Concluding, my snow leopard is the Papo one and if I wanted a large T-rex, my choice was surely between the last Papo and this REBOR. Paradoxal? Perhaps! geek

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 pm

cattlecollector wrote:

Actually, when you look at real snow leopard pics, you will find that the Papo have very good proportions. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm

I have a strange feeling I know who sculpted the T Rex.  Last year I stopped by a hobbyist's house and thought I saw the prototype for the REBOR T Rex.  But, I could be wrong.  I know the woman and her husband sculpt many dinosaurs but have no idea if they sell them to a toy company.

My least favorite of the finalists is the Mojo Arabian mare in foal.  She does appear to be in foal but she's too heavy-looking to be an Arabian.  Now, if they said it was a Morgan or Morab mare - that I could see.  This IS a pregnant Arabian mare:
http://www.equineresindirectory.com/showresin.asp?resinid=1985
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
cattlecollector wrote:

Actually, when you look at real snow leopard pics, you will find that the Papo have very good proportions. Wink  
That could be it. The tail just seems to big to me. Like you said, maybe he just has. Strong personality. Laughing

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Jennypurr wrote:

My least favorite of the finalists is the Mojo Arabian mare in foal.  She does appear to be in foal but she's too heavy-looking to be an Arabian.  Now, if they said it was a Morgan or Morab mare - that I could see.  This IS a pregnant Arabian mare:
http://www.equineresindirectory.com/showresin.asp?resinid=1985

Most of the models we collect, are menat for children 3 years old and up.
So these can't have thin legs, which can harm a small child falling on it Wink

Also, - there are many Strains of Arabian horses.
When holding this one in your hand, there is NO doubt that it is an Arabian horse, - short back, high tail, tiny ears and nose, wide forehead etc . Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:56 pm

So many people think Arabians have to be super light to be pure blooded. Arabs can be much heavier than what we're seeing in today's halter classes. They don't have to be very light. Smile

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:10 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
So many people think Arabians have to be super light to be pure blooded. Arabs can be much heavier than what we're seeing in today's halter classes. They don't have to be very light. Smile

I know that! Just look at any Polish or Russian bred Arabs; they're heavier than the Egyptian types. It's just I don't see the Mojo Arab mare as an Arab. I think Safari and CollectA make better, more typy Arabs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard   The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard Empty

Back to top Go down

The STS 2014 Animal figure of the year: Papo snow leopard
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next