Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D

Go down 
+18
Chris Sweetman
widukind
costicuba
Noémi
Dutch Bear
MartinH
landrover
sealman72
hawkins_zh
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
sortepletter
Bloodrayne
Melekh
Taos
SUSANNE
scot(t)
JonasV
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D Empty
PostSubject: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:35 pm

This month the winning suggestion is one of the most strange looking and well know wild animals at all : The giraffe !!! cheers
Nóemi made the suggestion, but as she is not at home this week, she asked me to open the topic, - thankyou Nóemi  Very Happy

There are as many as 9 subspecies of giraffes. Most can be distinguished by patterns on the skin  ( press esc to go to the wikipedia article), but most models are reticulated giraffes, as they are the easiest to paint, I suppose  alien

Let me start by showing my very first giraffe-model.... or rather one similar.
Reisler made the giraffe and the calf in 1955, and I probably got one in 1957. Her name was Ellen  Laughing
But many years later, my nieces got hold of my beloved collection, and Ellen disappeared  Crying or Very sad
Well, there are other Ellens around, and these two show some pf the variety in paintwork. The hand painted one is probably the oldest one :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Reisler Giraffe calf was also made in 1955, but Ellen did not get a calf untill a couple of years later, - it is the one to the right in the photo beneath :

Here below are my giraffes from Mojo, - old and new painting :

And for now I'll show my giraffes from Papo.
First the giraffes from 2004 :

The adult giraffe beneath is from 2008, the calf is from 2008, and they are still being produced :

In 2003 a male giraffe and a resting calf joined the family :

Enogh from my collection for now, - let us see YOUR giraffes now alien alien alien alien alien cheers

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:46 am

Giraffes are wonderful animals just as your figurines cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Fantastic figures Susanne!

If I can dig them out, I'll put up some photos of my favorite Giraffes: The recent CollectA and the recent Papo. Someone will hopefully put up photos of the Noah's Pals too. I don't own those, but I think they're nice Giraffes.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:35 pm

My two favorite Giraffes:

The Papo 2013:

The CollectA 2012:
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Thankyou for the beautyful photos, Scott Very Happy

Here are the ones from Noah's Pals :

And I can't resist this photo of the latest ones from Bullyland. I love them very much Very Happy
Imagine, - summer and sun. sunny  Right now everything is covered in 20 cm snow  Laughing  
As far as I know, Bullyland was the first to ever making a model of a giraffe lying down Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Thoose are all gorgeus! Wow I'm impressed drunken

Allow me to show you the schleich giraffes Very Happy bounce bounce bounce 

Zubulu the foal Wink

Zara the female drinking

Melman (from madagascar movie bounce ) eating

And last but certainly not least Sophie the female giraffe

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Ohhh, Emma ! You surely have a fine collection there, - and I love their names cheers

Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:15 am

SUSANNE wrote:
This month the winning suggestion is one of the most strange looking and well know wild animals at all : The giraffe !!! cheers
Nóemi made the suggestion, but as she is not at home this week, she asked me to open the topic, - thankyou Nóemi  Very Happy

There are as many as 9 subspecies of giraffes. Most can be distinguished by patterns on the skin  ( press esc to go to the wikipedia article), but most models are reticulated giraffes, as they are the easiest to paint, I suppose  alien

Let me start by showing my very first giraffe-model.... or rather one similar.
Reisler made the giraffe and the calf in 1955, and I probably got one in 1957. Her name was Ellen  Laughing
But many years later, my nieces got hold of my beloved collection, and Ellen disappeared  Crying or Very sad
Well, there are other Ellens around, and these two show some pf the variety in paintwork. The hand painted one is probably the oldest one :

The Reisler Giraffe calf was also made in 1955, but Ellen did not get a calf untill a couple of years later, - it is the one to the right in the photo beneath :

Here below are my giraffes from Mojo, - old and new painting :

And for now I'll show my giraffes from Papo.
First the giraffes from 2004 :

The adult giraffe beneath is from 2008, the calf is from 2008, and they are still being produced :

In 2003 a male giraffe and a resting calf joined the family :

Enogh from my collection for now, - let us see YOUR giraffes now alien alien alien alien alien cheers
Thank You very much Susanne! cheers
You have nice giraffel! Applause
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:37 am

Thankyou, Noémi, - and wellcome home again cheers

I can't wait to see if Martin decides to show his HUGE collection of giraffes bounce Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 4:17 pm

My Giraffes- Smile Smile Sorry about the quality of the photos of the Britains Giraffes as they are old!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 4:55 pm

WOW !!! SO many cheers
And many I have not seen before, - great collection, Taylor Very Happy

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Fantastic giraffe collections Emma, Taylor, Scotta and Susanne! Very Happy
Susanne the photo of the Bullyland guys is makes me really miss summer too Razz

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks Susanne for your remarks!I thought many of my giraffes were very common and easy to come by! Smile

Melekh

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:56 pm

My biggest Giraffe.

Original

and repainted

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:04 pm

WOW !!!! affraid

You turned a so-so model into a beautyful, rare beauty cheers
Fabulous repaint ! It must have taken you weeks to make that perfect skin Shocked Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Wow that is an amazing repaint! !! Shocked cheers cheers cheers drunken drunken drunken
Its just..... wow!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Lovely giraffes.
But does anyone have some side to side pictures involving different brands?
You know....Like Bullyland vs Papo vs Schleich vs Collecta vs Mojo?
It would give a nice overview of size, quality and charm.
(to me.)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:53 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
Lovely giraffes.
But does anyone have some side to side pictures involving different brands?
You know....Like Bullyland vs Papo vs Schleich vs Collecta vs Mojo?
It would give a nice overview of size, quality and charm.
(to me.)

You are right, but they are too big for my indoor "studio" Laughing
And outdoors there is 20 cm of snow Rolling Eyes

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Wonderful repaint!!!!! Smile

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:22 pm

So nice models everyone.
Hi from me and my mini giraffes :)
They have no mark, so if somebody know`s something about them, please, let me know Wink
They are something diferent from the other brands, so I want to show them to you :

This is the whole family :

Thank`s for your attention Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:46 pm

They are absolutely wonderful, Kosta cheers

Looking at them makes me smile, they are so charming Very Happy

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:11 pm

My only giraffes are these two Schleichs
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:19 pm

costicuba wrote:
So nice models everyone.
They have no mark, so if somebody know`s something about them, please, let me know Wink
They are something diferent from the other brands, so I want to show them to you :

They look like they are made out of Cheetos!
Yummy! Razz

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:26 pm

costicuba wrote:
So nice models everyone.

Thank`s for your attention Wink
IThe brand could be Manurba/ Domplast:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Haha, thank you Susanne, Simone and Andreas :)
Yeahhh cheers  Thank you Andreas, a guess you are right . Susanne also told me that the brand could be Domplast....
I have more animals from this brand then. Familys of zebras, bactrian camels, polar bears, hippopotamuses...and others...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D   Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Show-Us-Yours for February 2015 : GIRAFFES :-D
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next