Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What year Schleich started being made in China ?

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
schmidtchenschleich
Kristie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

What year Schleich started being made in China ? Empty
PostSubject: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 am

I was wondering what year Schleichs stopped being made in Germany, and started being made in China?

Thanks!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:52 am

Schleich is still in Germany, but they produced in Germany and in China (also some Years in Portugal)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 am

I think they make all the sealife in Portugal, am I right, guys ?

The question is how long they will manufacture in Germany.
Till the end of 2006 Schleich was family owned, but then it was purchased by a British compagny.
So as the wages are much lower in the Far East, the British compagny may want to move more of the production to China..
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Till the end of 2006 Schleich was family owned, but then it was purchased by a British compagny.
So as the wages are much lower in the Far East, the British compagny may want to move more of the production to China..

Schleich is owned by a British company now? Are you serious? This is the first I have heard of it and will also explain maybe why alot more 'Made in Germany' models can be found on the shelves of toy stores in the UK such as ELc and others...I have seen them with my own eyes.....

I never knew Schleich is now British owned.....and even though I am British I am not happy. We here tend to follow more of an American business approach and so all production to China may not be good news...I would rather it stayed as a German owned company.having seen Britains production move to China in the 90s I doubt quality will increase but maybe decrease....I know I dont sound positive but its how I feel sorry!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:00 am

Yes, at least 80 % is British owned, which is the same - look here, under "History"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks. I'm not very familiar with Schleich history at all. I just know that the ones I find are made in China. I'd love to get some that were actually made in Germany! I see them from time to time on Ebay.

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Susanne, i don't know if are all sea animals, but a big number are.. I've 4 sea animals, and they are made in Portugal.

Schleich made toys in some countrys, like Portugal, Germany, China.. (i is just this 3 isn't it?)

Well, i just see this 3 in toys.. Are more?

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Occasionally, some figures show up that are made in Tunisia. I've just got a Lipizzaner mare from my local shop which is made in Tunisia.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:54 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

That is because the elves, animals, knights.. Don't have alot of details now and are more the 2000, 2003,2004 ones??

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What year Schleich started being made in China ?   What year Schleich started being made in China ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What year Schleich started being made in China ?
Page 1 of 1