Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D

Go down 
+11
Saarlooswolfhound
Silver Unicornis
Roger
Bloodrayne
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Dutch Bear
arafan
Kikimalou
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
15 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D Empty
PostSubject: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Scott has mentioned that the eagle-owl from Schleich is one more example of the high standard that Schleich is still/again able to deliver, - and I can only agree  cheers
The accuracy, the detail, the paintwork, - it is great !

The outspread wings can be a nuissance on the shelves, but I must admit that it makes an impressive model when it is a good as this one Very Happy
I look very much forward to read what y'all think ?  bounce
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Together with Grandad from 2002-06 . They could easily be from two different brands  Wink

And here are both together with the old, faithful eagle-owl from Bullyland, - to the left the one from Wild Republic's River Tube .

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Much more detailed than I would've expect from Schleich lately, congrats Susanne

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Your pics are excellent Susanne, just as your taste cheers

I like very much this Eagle-owl, indeed much better than on Official pics Applause
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Thank you for the pictures Susanne! Very Happy 
I don't recognize a eagle owl there, but the feather scructure is amazing! Very Happy

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:11 pm

I am kind of missing a mouse in his beak or some critter escaping those claws.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:13 pm

He's quite decent I think. Very Happy Congrats!

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:00 pm

This is one example of a figure that looks doubtful in the catalog photos and excellent in real life! Stunning detail in the feathers for a Schleich, also the colors are great. The old one looks nothing compared to the new version, although he has his charms. I really like the face and it would be a perfect owl for a valkenier to hold on his arm. I hope the wings aren't that much of a burden when he is one my shelf. Again a new model I still have to see in real life, just like the rattlesnake and the normal tiger cub bounce Thank you Susanne for the photos, without these I wouldn't have known it is such a beauty :)

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:07 pm

I like the overall appearance of the owl very much and I think it looks great from a distance.
But the white paint around the beak and eyes is very distracting, especially from nearby I think.
(Nothing a little make-over couldn't fix though.) Wink

Does anyone know the specific species of Eagle Owl Schleich is representing here?
Is it supposed to be an Eurasian Eagle Owl?
All Eagle Owl pictures I Googled don't have distinct white feathers in the face.  scratch

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Wonderful pictures!!! cheers I like very much that figure, mainly after seeing these pictures! Very Happy
I love all the details on face except mask, very detailed tail either, feathering is interesting too and I also like that it is smaller than previous version. Very Happy
I believe it is an Eurasian eagle owl although it won't surprise me if it match any other eagle owl species.
Only talons look quite different from real ones but it is not impedivitive that I considere to hunt it! Very Happy

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:00 am

Well, actually much better than promos! Paintjob could be better though Wink Anyway, I might consider buying it.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:33 am

He is gorgeous. Congrats! Schleich's life seems to slowly be coming back... I don't want to jynx it though. Laughing Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:13 am

Yes a beauty:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:00 am

Definitily better than any older versions Very Happy
He looks very intimidating cyclops Look out little mice!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 8:50 am

Roger wrote:

I believe it is an Eurasian eagle owl although it won't surprise me if it match any other eagle owl species.
Only talons look quite different from real ones but it is not impedivitive that I considere to hunt it! Very Happy

I agree with you Rogério, Schleich is still not a "species company".
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:24 am

SUSANNE wrote:

And here are both together with the old, faithful eagle-owl from Bullyland, - to the left the one from Wild Republic's River Tube .

Thank you for excellent walkaround photos, that shows how nice this model is.

Fun to see the comparision picture. The Bullyland owl looks very "Disneyish", but I like him. When was it produced?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree with you Rogério, Schleich is still not a "species company".

Schleich and Papo have the same problem. They often release generic figures. I hope the new Papo vulture is identifyable. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Tove wrote:

Fun to see the comparision picture. The Bullyland owl looks very "Disneyish", but I like him. When was it produced?

Thankyou, Tove Very Happy

The Bullyland owl was made in 1995, so he is an old guy , - for an owl Wink

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:36 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

The Bullyland owl was made in 1995, so he is an old guy , - for an owl  Wink

Thanks a lot, but I think he is a young guy, and living with you in Denmark I am sure he will be old as Methusalem.  Very Happy  Very Happy

From wikipedia: The Eurasian eagle-owl can live for up to twenty years in the wild. However, like many other bird species in captivity they can live much longer without having to endure difficult natural conditions, and have possibly survived up to 60 years in zoo collections. Healthy adults normally have no natural predators and are thus considered apex predators, although they can be mobbed by a variety of smaller birds, including smaller hawks and owls. The leading causes of death for this species are man-made: electrocution, traffic accidents and shooting sometimes kill or injure it.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Gosh ! He is only a chick then Shocked

Thanks for the information, Tove cheers

shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 3:16 am

I wish there would be more models made with closed wings,but I think I will add him to my list of figures I want from this year! This guy turned out much better than the stock photo.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D   The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The beautyful 2015 Eagle-owl :-D
Page 1 of 1