Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Very Happy Make your suggestion for the SUY of November : CLICK HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm guilty of previously being confused by thinking that some SSS figures belonged to Science and Nature. In case anyone else is unsure hopefully this will clear it up...

We are mostly all familiar with the Science and Nature range, otherwise branded "Animals of Australia". The "Large" range can be viewed here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The "Small" range can be viewed here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SSS (Stewart Sales & Service) is otherwise branded as New Zealand Wildlife Collection. This range currently has 4 figurines:
* Giant Weta
* Kiwi
* Tuatara
* Pukeko

These figures can be viewed here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alongside the New Zealand animals made by Science & Nature

The Yellow-Eyed Penguin is a discontinued SSS model. I have tried to get hold of some more but they are out of production and now only exist on 2nd-hand market.

For me the confusion arose when Science and Nature briefly market tested some of the SSS figurines (including yellow-eyed penguin) in Australia as part of their own range, however the figures were never brought into their main range.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Guilty you're not for sure. The confusion between these two brands is older than our forum. Only when we started receiving some SSS figures, we noticed that they are different and from another collection. Their manufacturing, tags, etc. I contacted Mr. Nigel Kirby that kindly informed us that they are from distinct companies. Very Happy
Though, it is nice to have your imput about this subject. I suspected the penguin could be a SSS product, it is appreciated your effort to get some but it is also nice to have something new to hunt. I hope some of us can find them in 2nd hand online websites. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Thankyou for this clarification, Jason .

BTW, - I just got your wonderful models yesterday cheers

WOW ! I love them Applause Applause

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thankyou for this clarification, Jason .

BTW, - I just got your wonderful models yesterday cheers

WOW ! I love them Applause Applause

cheers pleased to hear Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:56 am

Reading again this old clarification topic, I noticed that MiniZoo has all 4 SSS New Zealanda figures available: kiwi, pukeko, giant wetta and tuatara, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... there are a lot and they may be not easy to find in future. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Reading again this old clarification topic, I noticed that MiniZoo has all 4 SSS New Zealanda figures available: kiwi, pukeko, giant wetta and tuatara, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... there are a lot and they may be not easy to find in future. Very Happy

The tuatara is still on my list cheers But I have to wait which wonderful animals southland replicas will give us this year :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Thanks

PostSubject: Re: Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines   

Back to top Go down

Clarification of SSS and Science and Nature Figurines
Page 1 of 1