Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CWGross

Country/State : Canada

My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) Empty
PostSubject: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:10 am

Like my Ice Age collection, I'm attempting to build a collection of figures from my region from a particular point in history. The Ice Age collection is about 11,000 years ago... My new dinosaur collection is for 70 million years ago. That's the age of the rocks through most of the famous Drumheller Badlands here in Alberta, and consequently, most of the fossils I have of dinosaurs and their contemporaries. Plus, even though they're very productive dinosaur-bearing rocks, there is a relatively small number of dinosaurs known from it, which makes collecting them a little easier :)

So anyhoo, here is my new collection thus far...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some of these are stand-ins representing something else. The CollectA Pachycephalosaurus is representing the smaller Stegoceras, the Wild Safari Triceratops is representing Eotriceratops, the Schleich crocodile is representing Borealosuchus, and luckily the contents of the Safari alligator Toob work perfectly for the smaller alligators (eg: Stangerochampsa, Brachychampsa) and turtles (eg: Compsemys, Plastomenus) from that time.

Another representative is the CollectA Oviraptor, which is standing in for Epichirostenotes. I didn't like how it looked though, so it got a Cassowary-inspired repainting.

So that's it right now... Now I'm on the hunt for Battat's Edmontonia and Euoplocehpalus, and Wild Safari's Leptoceratops (standing in for Montanoceratops), and any properly sized feathered raptors. I would love it if some company made Arrhinoceratops, Anchiceratops, Hypacrosaurus, Saurolophus and Champsosaurus in 1:40, but I'll go with what I got for now :)

Last edited by CWGross on Sun May 10, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 am

A nice collection!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:35 am

Very interesting collection, and interesting to read about Very Happy
I love your repaint, - so much fantasy Applause

It must be fantastic to look at them, and imagine the place you live swarming with creatures like that Shocked

As far as I know, we only find fossile sealife in Denmark scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:55 pm

That's a very interesting concept! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

As far as I know, we only find fossile sealife in Denmark  scratch

It seems you're right with the exception of the Jydegaard formation! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:17 am

WOW ! You ARE a wizard on the computer Shocked

Jydegård is on the island of Bornholm.
Bornholm is more like Sweeden, the underground is made from granite.

The only rock you find in the rest of Denmark was brought there by the ice of the ice ages farao

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:30 am

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW ! You ARE a wizard on the computer Shocked

Jydegård is on the island of Bornholm.
Bornholm is more like Sweeden, the underground is made from granite.

The only rock you find in the rest of Denmark was brought there by the ice of the ice ages farao

That's very interesting Susanne! Of course I only can link it to you because I have Internet. Without it I won't probably ever heard of that formation and probably tomorrow I already can't remember these names. geek I've found it and wanted to share with you. Very Happy

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:02 pm

No real movement in this collection for the last while, but I did get the Schleich Queztalcoatlus that I repainted...

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:12 pm

WOW !!! What great colours cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:20 am

That's a race plane! Shocked Very curious and vibrant repainting! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)   My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015) Empty

Back to top Go down

My New Dinosaur Collection (Update: May 10, 2015)
Page 1 of 1